United States
    Religion
    The Cult of Odin
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Hey Loki,

I could pass for a Hippie, but really I'm a ghost from the Civil War. I'm a racist too, that goes without saying I hope. Hel, I'm even an Athiest..!!

Suut said something about it, and so has Psychonaut. It is the game of "as if." It's a nice game, and it stirs within us things we lost long ago. And, it brings about in us again the same..!! It can be called a quest even. That is what there is to it that has us..

Like Campbell said..

MOYERS: Why myths? Why should we care about myths? What do they have to do with my life?

CAMPBELL: My first response would be, "Go on, live your life, it's a good life -- you don't need mythology." I don't believe in being interested in a subject just because it's said to be important. I believe in being caught by it somehow or other. But you may find that, with a proper introduction, mythology will catch you. And so, what can it do for you if it does catch you?

The Power of Myth
    ..a simple answer to that question would just be to read my little signature down there..!! It can bring your blood back into you..!!..

Later,
    -Lyfing
    Last edited by Lyfing; 09-18-2009 at 01:29 AM.

Last Online
    07-28-2017 @ 01:37 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    OxiClean
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 16

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Okay, I suppose this is the lowbrow version of Jagey's "Secular Heathenry".

I've been making critical threads recently about Christianity and the Bible. This has been met with claims that I am selective in my criticisms. Whilst I do think some perspectives are more worthy of derision than others, perhaps a little bit of mockery is due in this heathen corner.

A few questions:

1) Are all so-called heathens, Asatruars, etc directionless hippies who hail from the dregs of society?

2) Is heathenry merely a cover for racism?

3) Most heathens seem to be atheists anyway. I mean, you can't seriously believe that those deities really exist! Why not go all the way and become true rationalists.

Discuss
    Old-school fascism is on the rise
    Narsissistic...Evangelistic
    So many things are only here to be hated
    No need for love when the world is sedated

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    07-25-2011 @ 10:42 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone
    Ethnicity
    Gone
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 93

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Svarog View Post
    Old-school fascism is on the rise
    Narsissistic...Evangelistic
    So many things are only here to be hated
    No need for love when the world is sedated

Perhaps I misunderstand your post, but is your point that Heathens are narcissistic Nazi evangelists who should be hated?

Banned
    Last Online
    04-28-2012 @ 04:02 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Lancashire, Bernicia, Munster, Mercia etc.
    Country
    England
    Region
    Devon
    Taxonomy
    Manchester Man
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Allenson View Post
    For me it's really about muddy boots, cutting firewood and a stiff northeast wind. A working with and reverence for, the powers of the Earth, Mother Nature if you will. She is omnipotent, dictating all that be. If she is nothing more than a collection of the laws of physics, then so be it.

I like her having a name though. :bow00002:
    Away up there, they got a name for Wind and Rain and Fire;
    The Rain is Tess, the Fire's Jo, and they call the Wind Mariah!
    up

I'm not a spiritual man, but I read so much sense coming out of those here who choose to position themselves under the Heathen umbrella. And it's all on an honest plane, without (excessive ) sophistry, and free from the mumbo-jumbo that you'll find in nearly all the 'respectable' alternatives.

I hope that our civilisation/race/world is about to go through one of its periodical metamorphoses, paradigm shifts, whatever you want to call it, and if Heathenry (based on the outlooks of our most intelligent ambassadors for it on this forum) manages to end up more central to the future way of thinking, then I'd be greatly relieved.

As for Loki's devilish advocate questions;
    Dossers and scumbags and the lowest of the low? Anyone levelling such a judgement is very welcome to go on a guided tour with me through some of the worst scum-hole urban areas of Britain. He won't find Heathens there!

Racism? If the world itself ceased to be inherently and irrevocably racist I'd be more bothered about this.

Rationalism? Is it rational to be rational? Is a rational man safer when faced with hordes of irrational fanatics? Is doubt and accepted ignorance useful and selectionally advantageous to a Folk?
    Last edited by Osweo; 09-18-2009 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Spacker spelling

Last Online
    05-01-2019 @ 07:31 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Old Stock
    Ethnicity
    New Englander
    Ancestry
    Angles & Picts
    Region
    Vermont
    Y-DNA
    R1b L21
    mtDNA
    H1c
    Taxonomy
    A-S
    Politics
    Landscape
    Religion
    Nature
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 110
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SuuT View Post
    For others, it is a walk through the woods.
    Or actually living by way of the woods. The trees are my neighbors and I tend some, others, I just let.

They give their lives to me as I fell them, after a soft word of thanks from me. They warm me over many times--the cut, the buck, the split, the haul, the stack, the lug into the house and finally, into the stove on a Janurary morning when the glass reads thirty below zero.

Dawn on the Winter Solstice in the woods & fields of Bliss County:

Last Online
    02-27-2012 @ 12:52 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Jute
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Politics
    Freegress
    Religion
    Potatoism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11

0 Not allowed!

1) Are all so-called heathens, Asatruars, etc directionless hippies who hail from the dregs of society?
    In certainty, they have a certain drive towards selectively interpreting heathenism in favour of modern ideas, or ideas and beliefs that, in the end, have nothing to do with the "Germanic deposit of tradition", so to speak.
    Oftentimes for modern "heathens"; not so for real heathens. When religious and spiritual practice and tradition can be reduced by neo-heathens to some political striving or ideal, it becomes apparent how ridicilous and false their movement is.
    3) Most heathens seem to be atheists anyway. I mean, you can't seriously believe that those deities really exist! Why not go all the way and become true rationalists.
    And like all true rationalists in history, become monotheists.
    A man who fights for a cause thereby affirms the cause of the fight.

Lady Josephine Sheba of Lancaster Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    10-20-2016 @ 11:38 PM
    South Coast NSW - My anti gun toting Utopian paradise!
    Meta-Ethnicity
    CeltoGermanic
    Ethnicity
    AngloAustralian
    Ancestry
    Ireland, Scotland, England, Malta & Prussia - from last 200 years
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    New South Wales
    Taxonomy
    Keltic/Nordid & Bruenn
    Politics
    Libertarian, with centrist views
    Religion
    Heathen/Shaman
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lutiferre View Post
    And like all true rationalists in history, become monotheists.
    Actually, I disagree. There have been a great many of us who grew up with the more dogmatic doctrine of Monotheism, spoonfed by rote day in and day out. My eyes truly opened when I walked away from Roman Catholicism, and there is no way that I will ever revert to Monotheism again. Truth be told, I was never comfortable with the patriarchal ideal, at the expense of all else.

Last Online
    02-27-2012 @ 12:52 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Jute
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Politics
    Freegress
    Religion
    Potatoism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Brynhild View Post
    Truth be told, I was never comfortable with the patriarchal ideal, at the expense of all else.
    There is often unconscious, psychological motivation for the rejection of Christianity in the young "Westerners" mind. This lies often in the image and relationship to a persons father, precisely because of the strong metaphorical link between fatherhood and God in Christianity.

I'd recommend this article on the psychology of atheism and the theory of the defective father as a psychological promotor for atheistic sentiments: http://www.leaderu.com/truth/1truth12.html

Quote Originally Posted by Brynhild View Post
    Actually, I disagree. There have been a great many of us who grew up with the more dogmatic doctrine of Monotheism, spoonfed by rote day in and day out. My eyes truly opened when I walked away from Roman Catholicism, and there is no way that I will ever revert to Monotheism again.
    Well, with true rationalists, I was thinking of the most greatest rationalist thinkers and philosophers throughout history, not exactly individual persons as such.

But an anti-rationalist too could be a monotheist, since monotheism encompasses many different perspectives at once as foundations for adherence to it.
    A man who fights for a cause thereby affirms the cause of the fight.

Gone fishing with Lutiferre SuuT's Avatar
    Last Online
    06-07-2010 @ 07:00 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian Beachbilly
    Ancestry
    Scandinavian
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Nordicised Faelid
    Politics
    MeritAristocracy
    Religion
    Heiðinn: Warrior Caste--> Goði Path
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Oswiu View Post
    [I] ...I hope that our civilisation/race/world is about to go through one of its periodical metamorphoses, paradigm shifts, whatever you want to call it, and if Heathenry (based on the outlooks of our most intelligent ambassadors for it on this forum) manages to end up more central to the future way of thinking, then I'd be greatly relieved.

Preparatory human beings:

I welcome all signs that a more virile, warlike; age is about to begin, which will restore honor to courage above all. For this age shall prepare the way for one yet higher, and it shall gather the strength that this higher age will require some day - the age that will carry heroism into the search for knowledge and that will wage wars for the sake of ideas and their consequences. To this end we now need many preparatory courageous human beings who cannot very well leap out of nothing, any more than out of the sand and slime of present day civilization and metropolitanism - human beings who know how to be silent, lonely, resolute, and content and constant in invisible activities; human beings who are bent on seeking in all things for what in them must be overcome; human beings distinguished as much by cheerfulness, patience, unpretentiousness, and contempt for all great vanities as by magnanimity in victory and forbearance regarding the small vanities of the vanquished; human beings whose judgment concern-ing all victors and the share of chance in every victory and fame is sharp and free; human beings with their own festivals, their own working days, and their own periods of mourning, accustomed to command with assurance but instantly ready to obey when that is called for-equally proud, equally serving their own cause in both cases; more endangered human beings, more fruitful human beings, happier beings! For believe me: the secret for harvesting from existence the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment is - to live dangerously. Build your cities on the slopes of Vesuvius! Send your ships into uncharted seas. Live at war with your peers and yourselves! Be robbers and conquerors as long as you cannot be rulers and possessors, you seekers of knowledge! Soon the age will be past when you could be content to live hidden in forests like shy deer. At long last the search for knowledge will reach out for its due; it will want to rule and possess -

and you with it!

- Nietzsche
    Often, in our attempts to show people that they do not know what they believe they do, it is exposed that they lack any identity whatsoever - beyond the belief that they know anything at all.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-21-2010 @ 01:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    100% swedish, 0% German, 0% Russian, 0% Turk, 0% Ape
    Ethnicity
    Göte
    Region
    Goetaland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14

0 Not allowed!

There are quite a few of them, but I would not say all. Let us go 3rd riech on the hippy kind... or better yet swedish early to mid 20th century racial hygienic policy on them

Who needs a cover?

Cultural value, social identity, pride... those are all logical reasons to not become a die-hard atheist.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information