Freegress
    Religion
    Potatoism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Liffrea View Post
    As for recreation, who wants reconstruction? I’m not in the least bit interested in resurrection or lore whores who believe we can’t do this that or the other because the “Vikings” didn’t do it. Who cares? Stagnation isn’t a bright future, organic growth is, and the Folk organism is the basis for that growth.
    Whether you are interested in reconstruction would matter if it wasn't because you aren't actually continuing an organic tradition, but rather an artificial one that is now changing organically.
    A man who fights for a cause thereby affirms the cause of the fight.

Last Online
    02-15-2011 @ 11:01 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    English
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    England, mostly East Midlands.
    Country
    England
    Region
    Mercia
    Politics
    Life Affirmation
    Religion
    Life Affirmation
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13

0 Not allowed!

Originally Posted by Lutiferre
    Whether you are interested in reconstruction would matter if it wasn't because you aren't actually continuing an organic tradition, but rather an artificial one that is now changing organically.
    Let’s clarify, the modern Asatru/heathen/Odinist, what ever you wish to call it, movement largely started in the 19th century, Guido Von List is often taken as the “father” although there were others before him.

Is it a continuance? No, of course not, open practise of indigenous religions in northern/western Europe was largely obliterated by the mid early 13th century, what was left was either absorbed into Christianity or was practised in secret.

No modern Odinist I know would claim to be reconstructing the old religion or even claim to know in exactness what that old religion actually consisted of, it’s impossible to know, our sources are limited and often biased. There are Heathens who won’t operate outside of the Eddaic texts, that’s as far as you will find a reconstructionist approach in modern Asatru.

As for it being organic, of course it’s organic, how can an adherent of any religious creed possibly claim any sort of genuine connection or authentic belief if they don’t feel within themselves that their belief is inherent in some sense? Christians I know personally, rightly, state the Europeanised nature of modern Christianity in Europe, Christianity has always been an adaptive religion, which is why I don’t personally have an anti-Christian axe to grind.

You are correct to state that the rituals and to some extent even the philosophy of modern Asatru are not a continuation and are even creations of modern Heathens but I think it is incorrect to claim it’s not organic i.e. within the Folk, forgetting isn’t the same as absence, I contend our beliefs have always been central to our psyche, even under the Christian guise, they are now coming to the fore again, openly, but, obviously, they won’t be the same as before, they wouldn’t be regardless of whether Christianisation had taken place or not.
    I believe that legends and myth are largely made of
    “truth”, and indeed present aspects of it that can only be received in this mode; and long ago certain truths and modes of this kind were discovered and must always reappear.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Indeed it might be a basic characteristic of existence that those who would know it completely would perish, in which case the strength of a spirit should be measured according to how much of the “truth” one could still barely endure-or to put it more clearly, to what degree one would require it to be thinned down, shrouded, sweetened, blunted, falsified.
    Nietzsche

To God everything is beautiful, good, and just; humans, however, think some things are unjust and others just.
    Heraclitus

Last Online
    07-28-2017 @ 01:37 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    OxiClean
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 16

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SuuT View Post
    How about answering his question instead of being a douchebag.
    First of all, I am not a douchbag.

Second, I did answer the question, he asked me if he misunderstood me and I said that he did, question answered.

Third, now I am gonna travel back through time in 1995 and my 8's and tell that you're a douchbag.

Benevolent Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-17-2018 @ 02:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    England, Scotland, Pan-Germania and Spanish Gypsies (Gitanos)
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Taxonomy
    sub-nordic
    Politics
    Co-operative Economics, Direct Democracy
    Hero
    The Absolute
    Religion
    Advaita Vedānta
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,469
    Given: 8,126

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Liffrea View Post
    Which you define as what?

Besides why do you need someone to join the dots for you?
    My path has been laid out for me, but I benefit hugely from deferring to wise people.

My definition of enlightenment:

Someone who is constantly aware of themselves as an eternal non-physical being is enlightened.

Such an individual can help others experience the bodiless bliss of being and that enlightenment will be evident from the presence that they have.

Spiritually evolved people have a certain aura.

'Humanistic philosophy' I will deal with after a little input from your good self.

I hope that we understand each others' terminology.

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    07-25-2011 @ 10:42 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone
    Ethnicity
    Gone
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 93

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Fortis_in_Arduis View Post
    Without that, I cannot see how it goes beyond being a humanistic philosophy with historicist rituals.
    I understand what you mean Fortis, and, in a way, I agree. I came to Heathenry as a student of Rāja Yoga and still have the utmost regard for the "upper level" spiritual philosophies and practices of India. I think what you're seeing right now with Heathenry is that since we're still in our infancy, most Heathens are still in the Vedic phase of Germanic religion. There are those, myself included, who are working at changing this so that our spiritual philosophies and practices will have the same efficiency and depth as Tantrika Laya Yoga and other highly evolved systems of spiritual actualization. It may not be for you yet, but keep an eye out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lutiferre
    And again you repeat something which is irrelevant to my statements.
    And again you bask in your willful ignorance of a topic about which you continue to pretend to know something about.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Pennsylvania Dutch
    Region
    Pennsylvania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24

0 Not allowed!

Benevolent Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-17-2018 @ 02:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    England, Scotland, Pan-Germania and Spanish Gypsies (Gitanos)
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Taxonomy
    sub-nordic
    Politics
    Co-operative Economics, Direct Democracy
    Hero
    The Absolute
    Religion
    Advaita Vedānta
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,469
    Given: 8,126

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    I understand what you mean Fortis, and, in a way, I agree. I came to Heathenry as a student of Rāja Yoga and still have the utmost regard for the "upper level" spiritual philosophies and practices of India.
    Raja Yoga, when you realise yourself as the eternal atma and creator of the/your entire world.

That is not hippie atheism.

That is the ultimate.

People say that Christianity once had that technology, but that it was suppressed by Rome.

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone
    Ethnicity
    Gone
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Fortis_in_Arduis View Post
    Raja Yoga, when you realise yourself as the eternal atma and creator of the/your entire world.

That is not hippie atheism.

That is the ultimate.

People say that Christianity once had that technology, but that it was suppressed by Rome.
    The foundation is being laid.

In time the spires will reach for the heavens.

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone
    Ethnicity
    Gone
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Once again, another Heathenry thread has been derailed and turned into a discussion about Christianity. Posts relating to the Christianization of the Heathen world have been moved here.

Last Online
    12-16-2023 @ 04:35 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Northmen ,Alamanni, Frank, Westgothen, Celtic Scot and Pict
    Ancestry
    Northmen by my viking blood ( Norway ,Sweden, Denmark, Normandie ) Alaman ( elsasser ), Frank, West
    Country
    France
    Region
    Alsace
    Politics
    Viking law
    Hero
    Hrôlfur
    Religion
    forn sidr
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 13

0 Not allowed!

as always, but it becomes a habit, I am puzzled by the zeal of Lutifere, sought to demolish a religious school of thought other than his own!
    Lutti oh what a fantastic preacher and missionary you have done in ancient times, to distill the lies of the Christian church with that totalitarian darkness in your certainty that you always hearing us saying the sacred texts of the Bible remastered by the elite your churches at their convenience at multiple times on different times thank you for reminding us that before Christ there was nothing ah yes
    thou come we lecturing we enlighten our own nature ethnic spiritual explain we somment in l error but need irrepressible te shoots has melt like falcon Wodan on snake we summit, us heathens to tes eyes.
    playing over form thou forgets Substance
    our soul Germanic our inheritance must Song remind

the meaning of freedom!
    what bothers you, in fact, is that we do not bow down the back!
    Muslims prostrate themselves, the xtian we kneel we stand! for us to address the manifestation of our ancestral gods
    proud and free! is true, we are not an example of a monotheistic religion that seeks to enslave the masses for the benefit of these elites, in the name of god we do not descend

oh my god (sorry I could not resist ..) it must be great fear that dwells in your chapels and other places of worship, indoctrinated the masses wake up they are beyond your control, your system builds on the lie flickers and threatens to collapse
    Noah's Ark take water
    but your actions are condemned, you are the architects of your own loss, including intervening in this forum you lose credibility we no longer have the desire to listen, knowing in advance the content of your speech

I do forgive this point n is not in our nature, and moreover it xtian.
    however grace, stay we watering your certainties entertaining because you this virus xtian seeking invade our organism pagan generating antibodies lifesaving which reinforce our faith and determination has resist upside cons you
    in short dear Loki forgiveness Luti you our necessary evil
    I would end this joke mocking Luti blessed be ...
    these speeches, he brings the pagans lost on the pagan path, you are our St Paul on the Damascus road, because by your holy work, you reveal the light pagan and brings us the revelation of our faith ....

Luti without rancor, I'd much t say that you'd end puppy you do not bite by dogs, see the wolves ... done!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread Information