Picardie
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!

Well said Liffrea...

This is not survivor... justice is a serious thing... if someone has to be hanged again in the UK why make a show out of it ? And by the way I don't have any kids neither do I live in the UK but I do understand the parents who have to deal with this everyday after highschool, their kids coming home stoned, laughing at them, that doesn't happen only in England or Wales.

My point is, yes, I support death penalty, but over much more serious offence than that, like peadophiles, mass murderers, terrorists etc.
    It's never too early to start beefing up your obituary.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Instead of hanging everything that doesn't have a silver spoon in its mouth and took the wrong choices (or perhaps did have a silver spoon but still took the wrong choices), we could look to tackle the root of the weed before taking such drastic measures?

Last Online
    02-15-2011 @ 11:01 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    English
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    England, mostly East Midlands.
    Country
    England
    Region
    Mercia
    Politics
    Life Affirmation
    Religion
    Life Affirmation
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13

0 Not allowed!

Well I was joking about hanging politicians……alright only slightly.

I agree that the reasons for drug addiction do need looking at; I don’t advocate hanging addicts, just dealers.

Dealers know what they are doing, they know the results of their actions, they make that choice, they should pay the price, for me that’s a rope and a trapdoor.
    I believe that legends and myth are largely made of
    “truth”, and indeed present aspects of it that can only be received in this mode; and long ago certain truths and modes of this kind were discovered and must always reappear.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Indeed it might be a basic characteristic of existence that those who would know it completely would perish, in which case the strength of a spirit should be measured according to how much of the “truth” one could still barely endure-or to put it more clearly, to what degree one would require it to be thinned down, shrouded, sweetened, blunted, falsified.
    Nietzsche

To God everything is beautiful, good, and just; humans, however, think some things are unjust and others just.
    Heraclitus

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Liffrea View Post
    Well I was joking about hanging politicians……alright only slightly.
    You will have to await your turn. I have a spot dedicated especially for them all on the ramparts of the Tower of London. Those Ravens do look so underfed

Banned
    Last Online
    06-18-2012 @ 11:36 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    "...ice people, Europeans, colonizers, oppressors, the cold, rigid element in world history."
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Taxonomy
    Nordic
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40

0 Not allowed!

Public hangings are good, but should be for real criminals. After living in a 'ghetto' for the past 3 years I found that contrary to the stereotype, the much-maligned 'drug dealers' are actually some of the nicest people who live in such areas. The people who are a problem insofar as drugs are concerned are the addicts who steal anything that's not nailed down, always trying to scam or hustle everyone, etc. Taking drug dealers off the streets isn't even effective in the least anyways, as it only takes the users a day or 2 to find a new source. Recreational drugs are a Pandora's box that can't be closed again, people want them, thus there will always be people finding ways to sell and supply them.

Last Online
    02-15-2011 @ 11:01 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    English
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    England, mostly East Midlands.
    Country
    England
    Region
    Mercia
    Politics
    Life Affirmation
    Religion
    Life Affirmation
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13

0 Not allowed!

Taking drug dealers off the streets has no effect in Britain (the way things are) because we don’t have much in the way of law or deterrent. Less than eight years in HMP Butlins for dealing crack, wow!

Now a mandatory death sentence for the distribution of drugs, well that brings things back into focus nicely. Will it solve the problem? Of course not, the only when you will ever solve any crime is to kill everybody.

Will it reduce the problem? Very much so. When Britain had execution for murder we still had murders, just a great deal less of them.
    I believe that legends and myth are largely made of
    “truth”, and indeed present aspects of it that can only be received in this mode; and long ago certain truths and modes of this kind were discovered and must always reappear.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Indeed it might be a basic characteristic of existence that those who would know it completely would perish, in which case the strength of a spirit should be measured according to how much of the “truth” one could still barely endure-or to put it more clearly, to what degree one would require it to be thinned down, shrouded, sweetened, blunted, falsified.
    Nietzsche

To God everything is beautiful, good, and just; humans, however, think some things are unjust and others just.
    Heraclitus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information