Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why I left the shackles of religion.

Last Online
    04-06-2022 @ 04:23 AM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    Virginia
    Politics
    Anarchism
    Hero
    Kropotkin
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,989
    Given: 3,806

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Progon View Post
    My mom and dad believe in god but we haven't been to church since sept, not even on Christmas or Easter lol. Are you still a catholic or Muslim? Or did you leave it.
    Lol read the title.

Last Online
    03-17-2024 @ 01:50 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Aztec
    Ethnicity
    Mexican
    Country
    Mexico
    Y-DNA
    WTF!!!
    mtDNA
    WTF!!!
    Taxonomy
    Depijmented indijena
    Religion
    Hail Satanas
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,313
    Given: 1,960

0 Not allowed!

I was born and raised in a catholic family, my mother has always encouraged me to believe in Jesus and that kind of stuff but I was never really convinced. When I was 14 years old and I became more conscious I realized I didn't want to be catholic just because all in my family belong to this religion.

Last Online
    05-05-2021 @ 11:26 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyro-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Arberor
    Ancestry
    Shqipėri
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    St Albans
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid-Pontid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,713
    Given: 3,033

0 Not allowed!

Well, my family is quite mixed regarding religious affiliations, but I for one was never forced to be religious. My parents never enforced any kind of religion, way of thinking or anything on either me or my brother.

I personally believe in God as an Universal energy, but that's it. I don't buy the books, they're cheap.

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35,740
    Given: 17,041

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by alb0zfinest View Post
    Another great thing about realizing what mumbo jumbo religion is, is this feeling of freedom. Not o I can do whatever I want to freedom, kill murder rape, rather a feeling that can't really be described. You feel as if though you had been mentally imprisoned all your life, and when you get out thousands of possibilities appear before you. You get a sense of clear thinking, and a sense of who you are.
    You still have a conscience which has absolutely nothing to do with religion. You will have to live with yourself for the rest of your life. Good luck having that on your mind. I wouldn't want to.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sayian
    Ethnicity
    Makko
    Country
    Bhutan
    Y-DNA
    L2*(L-M22)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,318
    Given: 4,982

0 Not allowed!

Lol read the title.
    oh okay i though you were like me. An atheist but a Christian or muslim on paper.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    Virginia
    Politics
    Anarchism
    Hero
    Kropotkin
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Arbėrori View Post
    Well, my family is quite mixed regarding religious affiliations, but I for one was never forced to be religious. My parents never enforced any kind of religion, way of thinking or anything on either me or my brother.

I personally believe in God as an Universal energy, but that's it. I don't buy the books, they're cheap.
    What? BURN HIM! Crucify and than burn him! just kidding. But as an atheist when the head was the catholic church that was what happened.You're lucky atheists aren't like that

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    Virginia
    Politics
    Anarchism
    Hero
    Kropotkin
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazimiera View Post
    You still have a conscience which has absolutely nothing to do with religion. You will have to live with yourself for the rest of your life. Good luck having that on your mind. I wouldn't want to.
    I know I was just saying, not the kind of freedom, o now that I'm not following a religion I can murder, rape and steal. Rather a different kind of freedom.

I have found alot of times infact, alot of atheists are even more moral than theists.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sayian
    Ethnicity
    Makko
    Country
    Bhutan
    Y-DNA
    L2*(L-M22)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,318
    Given: 4,982

0 Not allowed!

I know I was just saying, not the kind of freedom, o now that I'm not following a religion I can murder, rape and steal. Rather a different kind of freedom.

I have found alot of times infact, alot of atheists are even more moral than theists.
    People still did murder, rape and steal even if they were religious they didn't give a fuck. In Christianity it was ok to steal, murder and rape as long as you asked god for forgiveness

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    Virginia
    Politics
    Anarchism
    Hero
    Kropotkin
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Progon View Post
    People still did murder, rape and steal even if they were religious they didn't give a fuck. In Christianity it was ok to steal, murder and rape as long as you asked god for forgiveness
    lol true.

Brudne żydowskie świnie Blackout's Avatar
    Last Online
    11-10-2013 @ 02:36 PM
    Ethnicity
    Vampires
    Ancestry
    Space
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,150
    Given: 11,095

0 Not allowed!

I don't need a book or a prophet to tell me not to lie, not murder, not to steal. I let my conscience guide me.
    What i found in the past was when i was revising for certain exams, i often already knew things that were written but i read over them anyway. Sometimes its great to read over something that which you already know but just to warm your heart and refresh your spirit. With all the wars that are going on and crimes around us, its very easy to become desensitised and alter ones state of thinking over long periods of time. You can also be sure that the same message will be preserved for future generations and for those who are astray.

We are all born with a conscience which will determine how we act. You don't need to belong to a religion or even believe in a God to be a good person.
    Its important for a child to receive the correct type of discipline aswell. This can be delivered by either religious or non religious parents. After this, much care is needed so that they do not fall into the wrong crowd.

What is of greater importance to me is what we do on this planet while we are alive, and the differences we can make while we are alive.
    I agree to some extent. There is alot a person can do to improve the situation here on earth and explore the unknown. There is a cure for everything, except death. The way a person lives can also potentially shape their afterlife aswell. And for those who abuse this freedom, the infamous scale of justice where all accounts will be reconciled.

Quote Originally Posted by arcticwolf View Post
    That's when I first got interested in Buddhism because it's all about reality, and no miracles, it's you and your perception of reality.
    What makes you so certain Buddhism is the correct faith? According to what i have read, they believe in reincarnation. How can it be explained when the population has drastically changed since medieval times?

Also, what becomes of all those fishes which have existed throughout time? There was a shortage of Cod a few years ago, i guess they are now humans. To think, at this moment those people are probably eating other Cod's at their local Fish and Chip shops!

Blind faith is for weak minded. They can't handle reality, they are afraid of it, they need some magic to make order out of the seeming chaos of it all. Their silly minds can't handle reality as it is, they have to warp it to make sense of it all.
    Tell this to the people who visit Buddhist monks and get their palms read. Apparently they can tell you what 'animal' you will become when you die!

rather because they're afraid of death.

I can assure you mate, this is not the case! For the right cause, i would gladly give my life.
    Baseball Bat + Orange = Juice

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information