View Poll Results: Do Europeans know what the EU is about?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 25.00%
  • No

18 75.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are Europeans in Denial of the EU?

Numinous Theurgist Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    French & German
    Ancestry
    Aquitània (Maternal), Vörpommern (Paternal)
    Country
    Quebec
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid/Nordomediterranid + Minor Dinaroid (Agrippa)
    Politics
    Neo-Feudalist; Neu-Ordenstaat / Aristocratist
    Religion
    Esoteric Traditionalism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default Are Europeans in Denial of the EU?

Opinons on this tyrannical system?
    "Free, do you call yourself? Then I would hear your ruling thought, and not merely that you have escaped from a yoke. Are you one of those who had the right to escape from a yoke? Many a one has cast away his last worth when he has cast away his servitude. Free from what? What does that matter to Zarathustra! But your fiery eyes should tell me: free for what?" - Thus Spoke Zarathustra

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,948
    Given: 45,034

0 Not allowed!

The majority of people in the UK are Euroskeptic and would vote "no" if we had a chance. That is why we won't be given one. "Democracy" is only used when it works for the masters.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Last Online
    07-25-2011 @ 08:49 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    ?
    Ethnicity
    ?
    Politics
    showbiz politics
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12

0 Not allowed!

Being Euroskeptic is popular nowadays anyway. Euroskeptic = zeropean = supporter of EU.

In my country, rightists mostly support EU, most "Euroskeptics" (meaning that they don't openly praise EU) come from the left, though more and more leftists are now abandoning Yugo-nostalgia (Yugoslav version of Zeropeanism) and crypto-communism.

Rightists and leftiests make up less than 50% of population so I can say that most people don't like EU, but then again, back in 2004, if I remember correctly 90%+/- of voters voted for EU.

Last Online
    02-11-2013 @ 01:35 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English, Frisian, Frankish
    Ancestry
    England and the Netherlands
    Country
    England
    Region
    Mercia
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid
    Politics
    Cynical
    Religion
    Old
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14

0 Not allowed!

Of course the average European doesn't know what the EU entails. Hell, I've kept an eye on the thing and I'm hardly any wiser. It is assumed that our 'leaders' will analyse the EU Constitution and judge whether it is in the best interests of the country or not. The people still believe that their governments act in the best interests of the people's freedom therefore they blindly trust Politicians to make a decision on the EU on their behalf.

The wealthiest countries (traditionally, not currently) are generally the ones who have been refused a referendum because the EU overlords know that these are the nations most likely to vote 'NO'. Poorer countries, who have more to gain from the Union, have been given a vote. In this way, the EU can in future claim that countries were given a say - albeit only a handful.

www.eutruth.org.uk

Banned
    Last Online
    03-13-2012 @ 01:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Ethnicity
    Suomalainen
    Country
    Finland
    Taxonomy
    Itämerensuomalainen/Baltic Finn
    Politics
    Send in the jack-booted thugs
    Religion
    That which does not kill us makes us stranger
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69

0 Not allowed!

Generally, no, because the EU won't tell them.

Last Online
    02-15-2011 @ 11:01 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    English
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    England, mostly East Midlands.
    Country
    England
    Region
    Mercia
    Politics
    Life Affirmation
    Religion
    Life Affirmation
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13

0 Not allowed!

Denial? Perhaps, lack of interest? More probable.

We need to understand what keeps the average man awake at night and I’m pretty certain it isn’t the EU or Lisbon. What most people worry about is money, what most people are worrying about at the moment is the job that provides their income a man needs food, water, a roof, most men are content with that and a bit of distraction. There was a lot of uproar over Maastricht, now nobody even mentions it, times were good, people adapt and forget and, when the chips are down, what does Lisbon mean to you or me? Seriously, leave idealism about freedom aside for one moment and think about it. What difference will it actually make to your life? I oppose it on idealist grounds but most men aren’t idealists. Only a tiny minority have an actual stake in the existence of a state. It’s the 10/80/10 rule of socio-politics, 10% support a system the way it is, 10% oppose it, 80% generally don’t care and go with the flow. The 10% who support the EU have the cards, the 10% who don’t support it have no chips let alone a hand to play.

It’s also important to understand how government has operated in the UK. The average Briton has had practically zero say in the running of this country in any age, it’s always (as all states truly are) been an oligarchy, yet on the other hand, relative to other European states, the average Briton has had greater freedoms. Our state hasn’t been overly oppressive but you will be surprised what a man will tolerate for bread and water. The politicians know this as well as anyone else does. We walk past CCTV cameras a dozen times a day, we’re monitored, recorded and analysed, we have grown used to it, that’s what people do, I don’t like it but people/sheeple has a lot of truth to it. You want a man to riot or fight? Stop him from eating, it really is that easy, as long as most men eat and are reasonably comfortable they don’t give a shit for idealists, that doesn’t concern most men.

Of course the majority of opinion polls suggest that the British public is Eurosceptic, I can point to hundreds of letters a week from someone or other complaining about the loss of freedom, CCTV, Lisbon, immigration etc. None of that amounts to a hill of beans in real terms, they complain just as vigorously about Alex Ferguson, Wayne Rooney, X Factor or Coronation Street. The political establishment, media and business (the 10% in favour), by and large, say the EU is good for the economy, in many ways they are probably wrong, but who of any consequence is arguing otherwise? Who is there with any real power and influence to offer another way? Nobody. The one chance those who oppose the EU have is if the economy grows worse, considerably worse, I don’t think it will because I don’t believe this is a genuine “melt down” but if it does those pissing against the wind might find they have more listeners.
    I believe that legends and myth are largely made of
    “truth”, and indeed present aspects of it that can only be received in this mode; and long ago certain truths and modes of this kind were discovered and must always reappear.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Indeed it might be a basic characteristic of existence that those who would know it completely would perish, in which case the strength of a spirit should be measured according to how much of the “truth” one could still barely endure-or to put it more clearly, to what degree one would require it to be thinned down, shrouded, sweetened, blunted, falsified.
    Nietzsche

To God everything is beautiful, good, and just; humans, however, think some things are unjust and others just.
    Heraclitus

Mystic Oracle of Nordicist Purity ikki's Avatar
    Last Online
    08-27-2012 @ 05:10 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Aldebaran
    Ethnicity
    Finnswede
    Country
    Finland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

0 Not allowed!

the eu constitution isnt there to supplement, but to replace any and all of the nations old existing constitution. Therefore the decision to do so with a single majority is illegal!

Last Online
    02-15-2011 @ 11:01 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    English
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    England, mostly East Midlands.
    Country
    England
    Region
    Mercia
    Politics
    Life Affirmation
    Religion
    Life Affirmation
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13

0 Not allowed!

Originally Posted by ikki
    Therefore the decision to do so with a single majority is illegal!
    Depends on the state, the UK Parliament has no “constitution” as such by law it acts as the sole arbitrator of process in the UK. Parliament isn’t legally required to give the British public a referendum on anything at all, we elect Member’s of Parliament to represent a constituency but beyond that election they aren’t really accountable.

The Labour Party ratified Lisbon last year, they promised a referendum on Lisbon then reneged by claiming that it was a different document to the former proposed EU constitution, in many ways it is but most analysts have claimed that both the constitution and the Lisbon Treaty are substantially the same in areas that matter. What Labour did was immoral but it wasn’t illegal and those who have tried to take the matter to court have failed precisely because, technically, Labour hasn’t done anything wrong.

Would a referendum have made a difference? The Irish rejected it once but when they got concessions on the matters that concerned them they accepted the treaty, I believe they are fools for doing so and have been conned into believing that the EU are their best hope for their ailing economy, but what I think doesn’t count.
    I believe that legends and myth are largely made of
    “truth”, and indeed present aspects of it that can only be received in this mode; and long ago certain truths and modes of this kind were discovered and must always reappear.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Indeed it might be a basic characteristic of existence that those who would know it completely would perish, in which case the strength of a spirit should be measured according to how much of the “truth” one could still barely endure-or to put it more clearly, to what degree one would require it to be thinned down, shrouded, sweetened, blunted, falsified.
    Nietzsche

To God everything is beautiful, good, and just; humans, however, think some things are unjust and others just.
    Heraclitus

My Countship is not of this world Comte Arnau's Avatar
    Last Online
    06-18-2015 @ 02:38 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European (Romanic)
    Ethnicity
    Catalan
    Ancestry
    Pyrenean
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Catalunya
    Taxonomy
    W/S Europid
    Politics
    Sovereigntism
    Religion
    Cult to Pyrene
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,755
    Given: 1,407

0 Not allowed!

I can understand why so many people are against the EU. I may not be a Euro-enthusiast, but I'm not in denial either. After all, it was born out of a desire of cooperation after wars, even if the interests were practical ones, and the fact is that there hasn't been any war within its borders for more than half a century, and that is highly significative from a historical point of view, even if people find this fact unimportant. The coming of the euro is also another important factor.

It is still a Europe of the states, and not of the peoples, anyway.

And well, I don't know if this makes me a chauvinist, but I love this continent.

Last Online
    08-15-2018 @ 08:11 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Geat
    Ancestry
    Germanics all the way
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    West Sweden
    Politics
    Nationalist / Ethnopluralist
    Relationship Status
    Alive and kicking
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 626
    Given: 726

0 Not allowed!

Many people dislike the EU for various reasons, but not even the majority of those who dislike it know what it is really about, no. That has been demonstrated several times in referendums where a no became a yes after only a short time. Mere neophobia does not qualify as knowledge.
    Last edited by Anthropos; 10-29-2009 at 10:18 PM.
    Pigs can fly... in your face.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information