turkÏc
    Country
    Ukraine
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,848
    Given: 3,630

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    It comes from BritainDna, Allice already posted that map a few pages before Jackson.

Here is some information of the test.. http://www.britainsdna.com/products/red-head
    rs1805007 is on MC1R and 23andme tests 15 snp's, but they only link this one to redhair. Interesting to know which ones they test overlap with 23andme.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Wildling
    Ancestry
    Cumbria, Scotland, Northumberland, Shetland
    Country
    Scotland
    Y-DNA
    R-L21*
    mtDNA
    K1C2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,753
    Given: 5,855

1 Not allowed!

Made a thread on that Anni. You should post your results also.
    http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...ight=rs1805007

Btw my cousin, on my Dad's side is a proper redhead. So the gene runs on his side.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-12-2018 @ 12:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-Iranian
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Country
    England
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a
    Taxonomy
    NordIndid, Iranid & Med
    Hero
    Buddha, Maharajah Ranjit Singh, Alexander the Great, Nikki Haley, Genghis Khan & Aishwarya Rai
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 36

0 Not allowed!

I carry the red hair gene and the highest amount of red-haired people are in Russia and not in Scotland or Ireland like many believe and I have R1b matches in Germany and England which is interesting? My Great Grandpa had natural red hair with amber eyes which is uncommon among us Indians. While me, my dad and Grandpa just have chestnut ginger hair in our beards and my surname is Khaira, which is an odd surname for an Indian.

Last Online
    Today @ 03:07 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    100% Northwest European and Flemish
    Ancestry
    From Flanders ( Koninkjrik België )
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R1a - L664
    mtDNA
    n/a
    Taxonomy
    60% Borreby with strong 40% Keltic Nordid admixture
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,167
    Given: 3

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    The Udmurts have the highest percentage of red hair, 14% I think.
    Urdmurtian minorities do have a high frequency of red hair that's true. However, Northwestern Europe especially the British Isles show a concentration of red hair which is unequalled.
    Ireland = 10% - 30%
    Scotland = 10% - 25%
    Wales = 10% - 15%
    England = 8%
    Iceland = 6%
    Norway = 5%
    Belgium = 4%
    Denmark, Sweden, France = 3%
    The Netherlands = 2.5%
    Germany, Austria, Finland = 2%

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-29-2018 @ 06:19 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Kyrgyzstan
    Region
    Finnmark
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,938
    Given: 2,461

0 Not allowed!

My hair has lots of red in it and my kids have golden-strawberry blonde hair, but I do not have the red hair gene. It baffles me.

Legio I Minervia – Slayer of barbarians
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italic
    Ethnicity
    Italian (100%)
    Ancestry
    Etruscans and Latins
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Emilia Romagna
    Politics
    Nat.Conservatism, Chauvinism, Irredentism, Militarism, Imperialism, Mediterraneanism, Germanophobe.
    Hero
    Innocenzo III, Matilde di Canossa, Guido da Landriano, Machiavelli, Ettore Tolomei and others...
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,381
    Given: 1,890

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Haired View Post
    Spoiler!
    I think this pic is wrong, they are both Etruscans....

Last Online
    01-26-2024 @ 11:38 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,633
    Given: 994

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MinervaItalica View Post
    I think this pic is wrong, they are both Etruscans....
    Yes, they are both Etruscans. The pic is a bullishit.

Last Online
    02-03-2024 @ 06:10 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Avar (3/4) Crimean Tatar (1/4)
    Ancestry
    Northern Caucasia
    Country
    Finland
    mtDNA
    H13a
    Taxonomy
    north pontid with proto-nordid elements
    Hero
    Ataturk, Shamil the Avar, Robin Cook, Bertrand Russel
    Religion
    Tengrism
    Relationship Status
    engaged to N1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 639
    Given: 1,140

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Starseed88 View Post
    I carry the red hair gene and the highest amount of red-haired people are in Russia and not in Scotland or Ireland like many believe and I have R1b matches in Germany and England which is interesting? My Great Grandpa had natural red hair with amber eyes which is uncommon among us Indians. While me, my dad and Grandpa just have chestnut ginger hair in our beards and my surname is Khaira, which is an odd surname for an Indian.
    Are you from northern India? Most probably you have ancestors from White Huns (Akhuns) that conquered and ruled the area for more that 150 years, they were described as red and blonde haired with blue eyes etc, like the Kushan before them. Kaira or Kayra is the name of main god (Tengri) of proto-Turks and Turkic peoples

Last Online
    03-09-2024 @ 03:49 AM
    Ethnicity
    Yamnaya
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

The MC1R gene provides instructions for making a protein called the 1 melanocortin receptor, which produces two forms of melanin, eumelanin and pheomelanin. These MC1R genes reduce the ability of the melanocortin 1 receptor to stimulate eumelanin production, causing melanocytes to make mostly pheomelanin. People who produce mostly pheomelanin tend to have red or blond hair. Individuals with two MC1R alleles are generally red heads, and persons with 0 or 1 MC1R alleles are rarely red heads. MC1R variants are also linked to increased melanoma risk (Robles-Espinoza et al. 2016).

Melanocortin 1 receptor (MC1R) is a G protein-coupled receptor expressed on the surface of melanocytes that signals to downstream effectors, such as the microphthalmia-associated transcription factor, to regulate skin pigmentation and to control cell proliferation and apoptosis1. Melanin is generated by melanocytes in two major forms, pheomelanin and eumelanin. Unlike eumelanin, which is dark brown or black in colour, pheomelanin is red/orange, and is associated with type I/II skin, freckles, red hair and an inability to tan2. People with this phenotype are generally highly photosensitive, and prone to sunburn when exposed to ultraviolet (UV) light3.

Population sequencing studies have revealed a number of null or hypomorphic MC1R alleles, which are collectively referred to as R alleles and are strongly associated with the red hair and light skin phenotype4,5. Other missense variants are referred to as r alleles and are less strongly associated with this hair colour and complexion4,6. While R/R individuals are generally red heads, and persons with 0 or 1 R alleles are rarely red heads, pigmentation traits such as degree of tanning after repeated UV exposure3 and skin reflectance7 depend additively on the number of R alleles. In addition to regulating skin pigmentation, MC1R signalling has been reported to increase phosphorylation of DNA repair proteins, initiating the DNA damage repair process, and also to activate survival pathways8,9,10,11. As such, polymorphisms in MC1R have been linked to increased melanocyte apoptosis and inefficient DNA repair12. Collectively these factors link MC1R variants to increased melanoma risk6,13,14. In animal model systems, null alleles of Mc1r (Mc1re/e) have been shown to co-operate with BrafV600E to promote melanoma development via mechanisms including enhanced lipid peroxidation, a phenotype rescued on an albino mouse background owing to a lack of pheomelanin production15. This has led to the suggestion that loss of MC1R function, even in the absence of UV light, may be oncogenic. Despite these insights, it is still unclear whether MC1R germline variant alleles influence the genome-wide somatic mutation burden in melanoma.

In this study, we set out to establish the contribution of germline MC1R alleles to the somatic mutation landscape of sporadic melanoma. Mutations found in melanomas are predominantly C>T transitions due to the production of cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers (CPDs) in response to solar UV damage, but other mutational classes such as C>A transversions have also been observed16,17,18,19,20. Indeed, hotspot mutations in key driver genes, such as BRAF and KIT, are almost exclusively acquired as non-C>T mutations17. Our results indicate that individuals with one or two germline MC1R R alleles have a significantly higher somatic mutational load than individuals with no R alleles. This finding has implications for our understanding of melanomagenesis, as well as the identification of individuals at higher risk of developing melanoma.

https://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms12064

Senior Member Grand Admiral Thrawn's Avatar
    Last Online
    08-10-2021 @ 07:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic + Germanic + Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Ashkenazi, Anglo and Celtic
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Authoritarian Conservative
    Hero
    Anakin Skywalker, Daredevil and Batman
    Religion
    Agnotism
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 340
    Given: 1,207

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Artek View Post
    I have no doubt that those maps are biased.
    Oh believe me they always are, most of these Hair Colour, Eye Colour etc maps have no source attached to them and are made by pseudo-anthro-tards that think that "The Further South you go the less likely you are to have Redhair so make it very unlikely" - when the actual truth is that it's more widespread than people believe, there is however, a certain point where it becomes unlikely but I know for a fact that Redhair is common among Levantines, many Syrians, Lebanese, Ashkenazi Jews, Sephardic or Mizrahim also have Redhair.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread Information