blank
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 736
    Given: 153

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    The Udmurts have the highest percentage of red hair, 14% I think.
    true Irish, Scottish, and Welsh have overall over 10% around 10-15%. I think they put Udmurts in the same catgory but udmurts i read have a little more and scots have 13% so maybe 14% or more.

Last Online
    04-06-2023 @ 09:40 AM
    Ethnicity
    Swenglish
    Ancestry
    Ostergotland Sweden, Lombardy Italy, Norfolk England
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Washington
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,908
    Given: 535

0 Not allowed!

A ginger is a mythological creature doomed to wander the earth in search of a soul. If you come in contact with a ginger do not make direct eye contact lest you don't plan on keeping your soul.
    Send me dms asking me to classify you, i'll have Barbarianna of Barbaria here put a few holes in you. Then I'll take this guitar and smash it over your head.

Last Online
    01-02-2024 @ 01:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic, Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    R1a-Z280
    mtDNA
    U4a1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,813
    Given: 872

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Haired View Post
    The way i know this is multiple writings form Ancient Greeks including historian herdotus described Indo Iranian speakers in central asia as red haired and blue eyed they did were not people just dying their hair they were liget redheads. same sythcians were described as red haired by Herdotus. Also even though we have less than 20 remains of early Indo Iranians speakers were we can tell hair color two had red hair but were mummies in tarium basin china. The oldest is a woman from 3,400ybp but i cant find any images to show.
    Mummies found in Tarim Basin were mostly brown/nut-brown-haired and R1a which shows no coorelation with red hair in any case.

"The Budni are a large and powerful nation: they have all deep blue eyes, and bright red hair". The Budni were a Sythian tribe i already explained about the red hair in Indo Iranain speaking tribes of bronze-iron age central Asia. Right now i cant find any direct sources but i do remeber looking at ancient Roman writing mentiong red hair in the Gauls of central Europe and France. Also they said the Picts and other Insular Celts of Britain were very red haired.
    As above, probably mostly a brown hair. Otherwise, Scythians must have been heavily R1b but that's very unlikely.

Tacitus around 100ad wrote a book about the Germanic tribes. He wrote everything he could about who the Germans were. He said that they all had the same basic phiscal appearance "All have fierce blue eyes, red hair, huge frames, fit only for a sudden exertion". So there is another ancient mention of red hair.
    I bet most of Germanics were either brown/blond or reddish-blonde haired with red hair being a minority.

Cato the Elder born in 234bc died in 149bc. He was 100% from Latins who were Italic tribes from around Rome. According to ancient writing when they mention his phiscal appearance they say he had red hair and grey eyes.
    It doesn't mean that the Latins were looking mostly like Cato the Elder.

Red hair was never very common, that's the reality. Red hair in ancient raports = brown hair.
    True red hair could just have been slightly more common in specific areas than they are today.
    Last edited by Artek; 08-28-2013 at 10:48 PM.
    R1a-Z282>Z280>CTS1211>Y35>CTS3402>Y33>CTS8816>Y2902>Y3226>YP5224>BY27800
    N1c-L1026>CTS10760>VL29>Z4908>L550>L1025>M2783>Y5580>L591>BY158>Y5576
    R1a-Z282>Z280>CTS1211>YP1019>YP1020>YP1033*
    R1b-U152>L2>DF103>S14469
    It's still not an end.
    R1a and R1b unite - Join!

Communism Is So Bourgeois
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    05-20-2019 @ 07:10 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germano-Celto-Judean
    Ethnicity
    Scythian-Jewish, Anglo-Celtic
    Ancestry
    Ashkenazi + Anglo-Celtic
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    New South Wales
    Y-DNA
    Q1b Scythian/Khazar (Indigenous Central-Asian)
    mtDNA
    U5b2a3 Mesolithic European (Indigenous European)
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    كافر
    Hero
    Charles Martel, Winston Churchill, Fjordman, Allen West & Robert Spencer
    Religion
    Jewishish
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,012
    Given: 11,416

0 Not allowed!

I think you mean Eurapids for Indo-Iranians not Europeans.
    Spoiler!

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    09-25-2015 @ 04:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    blank
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.KnowItAll View Post
    Some black people have red hair.
    I know i have seen some. Many black people also have lightish skin it is mainly from British people who raped Black slaves. I have seen red haired black people they all had light skin. I would guess it is because two black parants possible had the red hair gene inside of them but of course were by far mainly black but their kid got red hair but mainly black ancestry and features. There is some lightish skinned people in sub shara Africa too

Look at black griffen he is half white half black. His mom is a redhead and he has reddish hair. It could also be a weird mix up of genes that cause their hair to be a reddish color.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Colonial Virginia + Central and Eastern Europe
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Mississippi
    Politics
    Nullifier
    Hero
    John C. Calhoun
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21,122
    Given: 11,131

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.KnowItAll View Post
    Some black people have red hair.
    Maybe if they're mixed.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Mississippi
    Politics
    Nullifier
    Hero
    John C. Calhoun
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Horatio i really doubt he was a redhead.
    Professor P. F. Ceccaldi, with a research team behind him, studied some hairs which were removed from the mummy's scalp. Ramesses II was 90 years-old when he died, and his hair had turned white. Ceccaldi determined that the reddish-yellow colour of the mummy's hair had been brought about by its being dyed with a dilute henna solution; it proved to be an example of the cosmetic attentions of the embalmers. However, traces of the hair's original colour (in youth), remain in the roots, even into advanced old age. Microscopic examinations proved that the hair roots contained traces of natural red pigments, and that therefore, during his youth, Ramesses II had been red-haired. It was concluded that these red pigments did not result from the hair somehow fading, or otherwise altering post-mortem, but did indeed represent Ramesses' natural hair colour. Ceccaldi also studied a cross-section of the hairs, and he determined from their oval shape, that Ramesses had been "cymotrich" (wavy-haired). Finally, he stated that such a combination of features showed that Ramesses had been a "leucoderm" (white-skinned person). [Balout, et al. (1985) 254-257.]

Balout and Roubet were under no illusions as to the significance of this discovery, and they concluded as follows:

"After having achieved this immense work, an important scientific conclusion remains to be drawn: the anthropological study and the microscopic analysis of hair, carried out by four laboratories: Judiciary Medecine (Professor Ceccaldi), Société L'Oréal, Atomic Energy Commission, and Institut Textile de France showed that Ramses II was a 'leucoderm', that is a fair-skinned man, near to the Prehistoric and Antiquity Mediterraneans, or briefly, of the Berber of Africa." [Balout, et al. (1985) 383.]

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:59 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Ancestry
    Polish and distant Ashkenazi Jewish.
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    E-V13 Shqiptar in disguise
    mtDNA
    U5a1a1 Hyperborean
    Taxonomy
    Moderately not ugly something
    Politics
    Social Liberalism - apparently.
    Hero
    Goofy
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,608
    Given: 48,336

0 Not allowed!

Horatio i really doubt he was a redhead. What really suprises me is King tut had Germanic Italo Celtic R1b L11 which is only found in western europe. Some Egyptiens inter married with Italo Celtic or Germanic tribes or inter married with another people group who before inter married with Germanic Italo Celts. If Ram really had red hair that could be the source.
    Could be but it still sounds unlikely.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Mississippi
    Politics
    Nullifier
    Hero
    John C. Calhoun
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Cato the Elder born in 234bc died in 149bc. He was 100% from Latins who were Italic tribes from around Rome. According to ancient writing when they mention his phiscal appearance they say he had red hair and grey eyes. He came from the general population and his family were known for their service in the Roman military. He was a very traditional Latin and was known as a grumpy old man. He fought in the war against Hannibal when he was 17 and is a very important person in Roman history. He has the oldest written records that we know for sure were written by someone with red hair.
    Another red haired Roman, was Emperor Vitellius.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    09-25-2015 @ 04:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    blank
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Artek View Post
    Mummies found in Tarim Basin were mostly brown/nut-brown-haired and R1a which shows no coorelation with red hair in any case.
    I know they were mainly brown haired those are the 4,000 year old ones. I am talking about a woman from 3,400ybp and man from 3,000ybp they did no DNA testing. Also the 4,000 year old tarium mummies had almost all Mongliod mtdna haplogroups they were a European mongliod mix. Near by the tarim basin 3,800-3,400 year old DNA from Adoronvo culture also had Y DNa R1a1a but just about all Caucasian mtDNA haplogroups and mainly blonde hair just like Scythian remains and Scythian were described as red haired and their culture descended form Adornovo so i connected the dots.

U do know R1a is just a Y DNa haplogroup passed down from father to son. It does not tell full ancestry only ur direct male line. So u have indian r1a people Russian r1a people it does not define who u are. R1a in Europe shows no correlation with red hair so what Balto Slavic languages were probably spread by people with a diff ancestry than Indo Iranians.

As above, probably mostly a brown hair. Otherwise, Scythians must have been R1b but that's very unlikely.
    we have y dna samples from sycthians and their ancesor cultures. They had Y DNA R1a1a and mainly blonde hair and light eyes. Sycthians were INdo Iranans. Indo Iranian languages began in Sinshta and Abashevo culture around 4,000-5,000ybp and spread acroos central Asia. Like all Indo European language families their source is from around Russia, Ukriane, and Caucus they came from northern Yamna culture. The reason Indians and Iranians have so much R1a is because they get that from Indo Iranians speakers that spread there over 3,000 years ago. So not a suprise all Sycthian remains had R1a1a. The specific Indo Iranian subclade is R1a1a1b2 Z93 Balto Slavic R1a1a1b1 Z283.

click here

I bet most of Germanics were either brown/blond or reddish-blonde haired with red hair being a minority.
    We dont need to wonder what the Germanic tribes looked like their descendants are still alive. Also Germanic is not a care it is a language. Indo European languages took off around Russia, Ukriane, and Caucus. GErmanic Italo celts with r1b l23 most likley spread through southeast Europe and landed in GErmany by 5,000ybp. Then Italo Celts and Germans split Germanic speakers spread to northern Germany, netherlands, and southern Scandnavia(including Denmark). Most of their ancestry is from pre Germanic speakers in that area. So Germanic speakers in Norway have a mainly different ancestry than Germanic speakers in Berlin. click here

So there is not a exact percentage of hair colors for germanic speakers.

It doesn't mean that the Latins were looking mostly like Cato the Elder.
    I never said they did they were exactley the same as people in that area of Italy today and red hair is 1-3%.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information