United States
    Region
    Alaska
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hippaforalkus View Post
    Basically I was downloading Sherlock Holmes from a website and incidentally it happened to be the same torrent Warner Bros was tracking so I was sort of caught... So they just told my internet provider about what I was doing and my IP relayed a warning to me. That was it.
    This is nothing new. I had this happen to me back in 2003 after downloading 21 Grams from torrentreactor.
    It was one of the worst movies I ever saw!

Senior Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    08-13-2021 @ 01:42 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    American of German descent
    Ancestry
    L. Saxony, Westphalia, Hesse, Baden-Wurtemberg, Bavaria, Saxony, Switerzerland, Bohemia, Galizien
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b (I-M423)
    mtDNA
    T2f1
    Taxonomy
    Faelid
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 311

0 Not allowed!

I have been enjoying the streaming of apparently illegally uploaded films via the watch-movies organization [whose recent domain name was movies-links.tv] for nearly three years now. The watch-movies organization has undergone at least five domain name changes in the last three years with the most recent being July 1, 2010. They are indeed fully functional even after 'the big June 30 crackdown'.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin
    Those sites r 4 newbs ne ways.
    Maybe I am a 'newb'. I prefer to stream films rather than download them. Downloading and watching is ultimately less efficient than streaming as it requires more time and uses up harddisk space. Also, streaming illegally uploaded material does not leave one with 'the evidence' on one's harddisk.

Senior Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    08-13-2021 @ 01:42 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    American of German descent
    Ancestry
    L. Saxony, Westphalia, Hesse, Baden-Wurtemberg, Bavaria, Saxony, Switerzerland, Bohemia, Galizien
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b (I-M423)
    mtDNA
    T2f1
    Taxonomy
    Faelid
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 311

0 Not allowed!

Anonymous Retaliates Over Megaupload, Megavideo Shutdown: SOPA, PIPA Links?

Published January 20, 2012

Popular file-sharing sites, Megaupload and Megavideo, were shut down by federal prosecutors on Thursday and hackers from Anonymous retaliated by launching an attack on federal and public Web sites: The online battle over Internet piracy just got personal.

Megaupload and Megavideo, content-sharing Web sites that receive more than 50 million hits per day, got taken down by the Department of Justice on Thursday after an indictment claimed the sites have committed copyright infringement.

The crackdown comes just one day after a mass online protest against two bills, the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) and Protect Intellectual Property Act (PIPA) currently being pushed forward and debated by Congress.

While the bills are being presented in an aim to stop music and video piracy, internet giants such as Google and Facebook are complaining that the legislation being proposed will lead to internet censorship.

Four company executives, including Megaupload's founder Kim Schmitz, were arrested after the indictment was delivered by the Department of Justice. The individuals have been accused of having involvement with copyright infringement and a conspiracy to commit money laundering, according to Wired.com.

The Department of Justice says the arrests made are unlinked to the SOPA and PIPA bills, but critics of the shutdown say this is the beginning of what will ultimately turn into widespread Internet censorship.

"You think it's a coincidence that the feds shutdown megavideo a day after the Websites blackout protesting the bills?" said freelance Web producer James Buran. "It's a war: Anonymos-1 Feds-1, let's see who makes the next move."

Those who try and access Megaupload's site are greeted with the following message:

"This domain name associated with the website Megaupload.com has been seized pursuant to an order issued by a U.S. District Court. A federal grand jury has indicted several individuals and entities allegedly involved in the operation of Megaupload.com and related Websites charging them with the following federal crimes: Conspiracy to commit racketeering, conspiracy to commit copyright infringement, conspiracy to commit money laundering, and criminal copyright infringement."

Hours after the notice went up, Anonymous launched an attack on public Web sites including the Justice Department, Universal Music and other trade groups that represent the music and film industries and are the prime backers of SOPA and PIPA. All these sites are back online.

"The government takes down Megaupload? 15 minutes later Anonymous takes down government & record label sites," a hacker from Anonymous tweeted.

A federal court in Virginia has ordered the seizure of 18 domain names affiliated with Megaupload and $50 million in assets have also been seized. The seizure has been described by the Department of Justice as "Among the largest criminal copyright Cases" ever bought on by the US government.

The SOPA and PIPA bills have wreaked havoc on the Web in recent days. Wikipedia's founder, Jimmy Wales, blacked-out the English language arm of his vast site on Wednesday in protest of the bills, saying SOPA and PIPA, as currently drafted, will leave them no alternative but to police the online activity on their sites.

Wales told the BBC that the bill is written so badly that it is going to affect "so many things that have very little to do with stopping piracy."

Meanwhile, Senator Harry Reid sent out this tweet on Friday: "In light of recent events, I have decided to postpone Tuesday's vote on the Protect IP Act #PIPA"
    Source: http://www.foxbusiness.com/technolog...#ixzz1kAMZN61P

Banned
    Last Online
    08-19-2012 @ 02:27 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance, Celtic, Germanic, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Italian, Irish, Polish, Welsh
    Ancestry
    Italy (Calabria/Marche) which dates back to France/Spain, Ireland, Poland, and Wales.
    Country
    Canada
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Atlantid with Med and Nordid Influences
    Politics
    Conservative-Preservationist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6

0 Not allowed!

fuckers

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,729
    Given: 61,129

0 Not allowed!

Bunch of wankers.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Italy (Calabria/Marche) which dates back to France/Spain, Ireland, Poland, and Wales.
    Country
    Canada
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Straight up, this is government greed at it's finest. Always restricting freedom of speech/distribution. SMD!

Last Online
    12-06-2013 @ 11:05 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pale Face
    Ethnicity
    Pale Ass
    Ancestry
    The southern united states.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Alabama
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid
    Politics
    Right
    Religion
    White Booty
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27

0 Not allowed!

The internet is no longer untouchable,the days of the internet being the wild wild west is over it seems. Inevitable in my mind...what government truly wishing to stay in power would allow its citizens such free reign?

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,729
    Given: 61,129

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by zack View Post
    The internet is no longer untouchable,the days of the internet being the wild wild west is over it seems. Inevitable in my mind...what government truly wishing to stay in power would allow its citizens such free reign?
    That's why these governments must be violently deposed. So the people can set an example. That's why I am favor of letting heads roll after a quick trial for high treason.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Canada
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

It's not even that. Just the fact that they blatantly try and censor unnecessary shit when they have more important issues to worry about. The fact that they can enact all of these BS bills without anyone being able to stand up to them fairly is what worries me.

Last Online
    03-11-2013 @ 09:15 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    white
    Ethnicity
    Tosk
    Country
    Greece
    Politics
    Ours is the fury
    Religion
    western shintoism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38

0 Not allowed!

Great, I hope now people stop sitting in front of their computer screen all day and actually start doing something in real life.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information