Banned
    Last Online
    04-12-2018 @ 09:31 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Celtic
    Ethnicity
    German-Irish-Scot 1/8th Italian
    Ancestry
    Co. Mayo, Baden, Hessen Darmstadt, Rhine-Hessen, Berliner, Co Monaghan, Lower Saxony, and Co. Cork
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Lower Saxony
    Taxonomy
    Faelid+North Atlantid
    Politics
    Libertarianism
    Religion
    Master Morality/Prussianism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 257
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

I think human would be much better if we took on a Deistic approach to God. Not affirming or negating his existence would do us a world of wonder, and would allow only to strive for the practical and real instead of constructing castles in the sky. This is just my perspective and you can take it for what it is worth, but I think learning discipline, self-mastery, morality, intellectually training yourself, and becoming a cultured person are more important.

Unfortunately many people have little concept of these traits and qualities so they are left to wandered loss in what appears to be a meaningless world. I just think humanity needs to stop over anthropologizing abstract divine beings, and to stop theologizing every matter concerning our sense experience, and the object of it with the context of the world.

I think we would save ourselves a lot of problems, but alas I am given up hope that humans will ever stop doing such a thing. Moderation is a impossible thing to achieve with humanity, and it is its major fault, but I don't hold it against humanity for being so. Life is crazy and irrational, and sometimes immediates a crazy and irrational response in order to grasp and understand the self in the context of it.

Last Online
    06-11-2020 @ 12:05 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sarmatian
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Wild Steppe
    Taxonomy
    Archaic Übermensch
    Politics
    Savage
    Religion
    dem boobiez
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,088
    Given: 3,785

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Anyways, does God exist?
    Sure. And there are many of them.

Just last night a was talking to one of them (no sarcasm)

Banned
    Last Online
    08-31-2014 @ 07:29 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic, Germanic.
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic.
    Ancestry
    England, Ireland, France, North America.
    Country
    Vatican
    Politics
    American constitutionalism, counter-revolutionary, crusading, the Inquisition, tradition.
    Hero
    George S. Patton, Isabel la Catolica, John Hunyadi, Julius Caesar, Vlad Dracula, and many more.
    Religion
    SSPX, Roman Catholic, Neo-Stoic.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,092
    Given: 294

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by GeistFaust View Post
    I think human would be much better if we took on a Deistic approach to God.
    This is probably the most sensible approach to take. Beliefs in the divine based upon scriptural wishful thinking rather than, say, human reason are largely subjective and easily open to doctrinal imposition, clericalism, biblical forgery, etc. Starting with Paul Apologetics™ largely entered the world with Christianity and the apologists have been working tirelessly to defend a silly religion ever since. Faith is more important than reason, gut instinct, and common sense it seems and you'll see many, many Christians who live in mortal terror of the freethought approach and given that there are admonitions in the Bible against trusting human wisdom and human knowledge it's not hard to see why.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread Information