Politics
    Tradition and improvisation
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

For the Euroskeptics, do you object to the original concept of defusing intra-European nationalist conflicts such as that between France and Germany through economic integration starting with the old Coal and Steel arrangement? Is the problem that this process has gone too far, or that it has happened at all?

Numinous Theurgist Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    French & German
    Ancestry
    Aquitània (Maternal), Vörpommern (Paternal)
    Country
    Quebec
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid/Nordomediterranid + Minor Dinaroid (Agrippa)
    Politics
    Neo-Feudalist; Neu-Ordenstaat / Aristocratist
    Religion
    Esoteric Traditionalism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loddfafner View Post
    For the Euroskeptics, do you object to the original concept of defusing intra-European nationalist conflicts such as that between France and Germany through economic integration starting with the old Coal and Steel arrangement? Is the problem that this process has gone too far, or that it has happened at all?
    No. But I object to a totalitarian program using the guise of 'peace and prosperity' to centralize and consolidate power. It started out as an economic partnership, and the next thing you know you have a universal court and law system and constitution that completely undermines the native constitutions and completely disregards the Oaths that were sworn to defend them. That kind of incrimentalism is now what we're experiencing oin our own countries in North America.

Now you have open borders, giving free reign to foreingers to enter into your workforce, your country and gives rise to the great possibility for foreign illegal immigration through it's lax or non-existant border enforcement. I'll leave it to Europeans themselves to describe how they feel about 'burying the hatchet'. My personal opinion is that the EU isn't the way to do it.

Ask brits how they feel about the tossing of their Magna Carta and their sworn oaths to Her Majesty the Queen.

Last Online
    05-01-2010 @ 08:35 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    African
    Ethnicity
    Yoruba
    Ancestry
    Savannah
    Taxonomy
    Congoid
    Politics
    Yoruban supremacy
    Religion
    trolltheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Soten View Post
    I don't know where you've been, Saparmurat.
    Sorry, Soten, I didn't read the whole article. I was commenting on his general stance towards European Union in the last years, which probably wasn't driven by fear of returning Germans only. Yes, he does mention it here. But I still view him in positive light because of the job he is doing in slowing down the process of creation of the unified supra-state. Even if his attempts are desperate and soon will be neutralized, I still think they are worthwhile. Whatever his real motivations may be. On the other hand, I simply can't believe his entire loudly voiced anti-EU stance of the last years was driven by these motivations only.

Rather the former. Europe as an economic zone maybe isn't such a bad idea, European superstate certainly is. Free trade and cooperation can happen without this beaurocratic monster as well.
    Last edited by Poltergeist; 10-13-2009 at 04:51 PM.

Benevolent Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-17-2018 @ 02:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    England, Scotland, Pan-Germania and Spanish Gypsies (Gitanos)
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Taxonomy
    sub-nordic
    Politics
    Co-operative Economics, Direct Democracy
    Hero
    The Absolute
    Religion
    Advaita Vedānta
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,469
    Given: 8,126

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Saparmurat View Post
    Europe as an economic zone maybe isn't such a bad idea, European superstate certainly is. Free trade and cooperation can happen without this beaurocratic monster as well.
    Yes, it is a bad idea, and so is free trade.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-28-2012 @ 04:02 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Lancashire, Bernicia, Munster, Mercia etc.
    Country
    England
    Region
    Devon
    Taxonomy
    Manchester Man
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
    But to say that's the single most driving force behind him not signing the lisbon treaty is rather narrow minded? Could it have crossed your mind that this man loves his country and wants to keep it the way it is? To grow and develop outside of the monster magnet that is the European Union?
    Maybe he's doing it from the best sort of intentions (and to a Czech, a nation humiliated by that idiot Hitler, keeping old German property IS a moral act) viz sovereignty, and hasn't succumbed to bribery and pressure due to his age. He is 'getting on' a bit, isn't he? Maybe he just wants to shove this in the faces of all the other bastards in politics before he kicks the bucket, as well as do the best for his country.

Last Online
    07-08-2012 @ 11:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtogermanic
    Ethnicity
    European Blood, American Soil
    Ancestry
    Barbarians the Romans couldn't handle
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Philadelphia
    Politics
    Tradition and improvisation
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33

0 Not allowed!

I checked (sorry) with a Czech contact. He played down the Sudeten angle but relayed some interesting rumors that Klaus is either an American agent, a Russian agent, or both. It does not matter which, as both powers are threatened by the possibility of a strengthened, unified EU.

Numinous Theurgist Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    French & German
    Ancestry
    Aquitània (Maternal), Vörpommern (Paternal)
    Country
    Quebec
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid/Nordomediterranid + Minor Dinaroid (Agrippa)
    Politics
    Neo-Feudalist; Neu-Ordenstaat / Aristocratist
    Religion
    Esoteric Traditionalism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49

0 Not allowed!

I checked (sorry) with a Czech contact. He played down the Sudeten angle but relayed some interesting rumors that Klaus is either an American agent, a Russian agent, or both. It does not matter which, as both powers are threatened by the possibility of a strengthened, unified EU.
    Well if he is an American agent then he's obviously not your every-day run-of-the-mill New World Order agent. I say good for him because he's obviously doing a good job! Do you have any sources to back this or is this word of mouth.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    African
    Ethnicity
    Yoruba
    Ancestry
    Savannah
    Taxonomy
    Congoid
    Politics
    Yoruban supremacy
    Religion
    trolltheist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Fortis in Arduis View Post
    Yes, it is a bad idea, and so is free trade.
    If it is some loose frame of cooperation, coercion being imposed on any country to practice "free trade" according to the commnds of some faceless beaurocrats (which then doesn't make it free at all), then I don't see what would be so inherently bad about it.

That's what crossed my mind as well yesterday, when I was pondering it. That the Sudeten issue might be one more point by which he further strengthens his already existing anti-EU stance and not the other way around.

As for America or Russia, or even both of these powers working conjointly, eventually having their finger in the pie, so what? Maybe once these countries do some good for this continent, although involuntarily.
    Last edited by Poltergeist; 10-14-2009 at 09:16 AM.

Last Online
    12-03-2011 @ 11:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    human
    Ethnicity
    Religion
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11

0 Not allowed!

I agree with the Turk, it's more like the latter. However, this 'Euroskeptic' label is an interesting one, as it is applied to people who are not only skeptical but also outright inimical towards the EU. It's a neat trick of the mainstream media.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortis in Arduis View Post
    ...and so is free trade.
    Care to expand on that?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    African
    Ethnicity
    Yoruba
    Ancestry
    Savannah
    Taxonomy
    Congoid
    Politics
    Yoruban supremacy
    Religion
    trolltheist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
    I agree with the Turk, it's more like the latter. However, this 'Euroskeptic' label is an interesting one, as it is applied to people who are not only skeptical but also outright inimical towards the EU. It's a neat trick of the mainstream media.
    "Euroskeptic" is a terrible misnomer, when applied to people opposing EU. I am simply anti-EU, not Euroskeptic. Euroskepticism is a moderate poltical view, integrated into the poltically correct mainstream of the EU, which consists of critcizing some some aspects of the EU politics.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information