Thread: Associating Y-DNA Haplogroups with Dodecad K12b components.

Last Online
    12-31-2014 @ 04:07 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    French
    Ethnicity
    French
    Politics
    Symbiosis
    Religion
    Personal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,151
    Given: 0

1 Not allowed!

Default Associating Y-DNA Haplogroups with Dodecad K12b components.

Something I figured I'd try, maybe ya'll can help.

So what we have for Y haplogroups in Europe is...

E1b1b
    G2
    I1
    I2
    J1
    J2
    N1c1
    R1a
    R1b
    T
    Q

And for components on K12b is...

Gedroisa
    Siberian
    Northwest_African
    Southeast_Asian
    Atlantic_Med
    North_European
    South_Asian
    East_African
    Southwest_Asian
    East_Asian
    Caucasus
    Sub_Saharan

Now the process of lining them up. Let’s start from the beginning then. Remains from paleolithic Spain (La Brana) turned up 45% Atlantic_Med, 41.6% North_European, 10.3% East_African, 1% Sub_Saharan. The Atlantic_Med and North_European components are almost certainly paleolithic, the East_African being a bit odd, perhaps an artifact, perhaps not. This may be the presence of E1b1b (known to have entered Spain around the time of La Brana); and the Sub_Saharan being 1% is negligible (if not tied in with E1b1b).

If Atlantic_Med and North_European are considered to be Paleolithic, then the only haplogroup that would seem to fit is I. Adding to this is the fact that Atlantic_Med peaks in Basques and Sardinians; their only real commonality being I2. That would put I1 as the North European component. But this doesn’t fit…The Selkup, Tajiks, and Uzbeks have virtually no I (0, 0, and 2.2% respectively), but still have a decent proportion of North_European (27.6, 18.6, and 16% respectively). The only commonality among these three groups is R1a.

Could R1a be the North_European component? When trying to find the converse, a place with no (or very little) R1a but still some North_European, that can be done pretty easily…but in all of these places (Portugal, Ireland, Basques, Spain) there is plenty of R1b. It seems the best explanation is that the brother clades, R1a and R1b, together make the Northern_European component.

But wait…going back to La Brana, who is 41.6% North_European. If this is the case and R1a/R1b is associated with the North_European component, then that pushes their presence in Europe back to 7000 years ago. So what does that make I1? Well Sweden has plenty of that and the Atlantic_Med component with no I2 to go with it. So it would appear Atlantic_Med encompasses all clades of I.

Next we have the Neolithic haplogroups. E1b1b, G2, J1, J2, and T. And the components that would be the most likely fit; Gedroisa, Northwest_African, East_African, Southwest_Asian, and Caucasus. A process of elimination would probably work better here.

All of these may seem to have about 2 possible places to check first, except for G2. That seems the easy one to knock out. G2 must be Caucasus, right? But actually I ran into something weird while trying to confirm this. Yemen has a measly 1% of G, yet a highly significant 27.7% of Caucasus. Instead Yemen has huge proportions of J1 and J2. Could Southwest_Asian and Caucasus each be a type of J? To determine which is which, we’ll look at a couple populations. The Lezgins have ~50% of J1, and very little J2. They also have ~50% Caucasus, and very little Southwest_Asian. A nice fit there, J1 as Caucasus, and by reduction, J2 must be Southwest_Asian. To confirm this, Somalis have no Caucasus, and 20% Southwest_Asian. Their only J clade (although at a bit meager 3%) is J2.

So where does that leave G2? Gedroisa would seem to be the next logical choice. Nowhere in Europe does the Gedroisa or G2 component much exceed 10%, so we’ll have to look elsewhere for sources. But outside of Europe, Gedroisa doesn’t correlate at all with G2. The Baloch have 64.5% Gedroisa and 0% G. The Burusho have 1% G, but with 43% Gedroisa. So it seems Gedroisa is out of the question. But going back to the obvious…perhaps G2 could be Caucasus. But how? Isn’t that spot taken by J1? The only thing I can think is that both G and J1 are Caucasus. To show…The Abkhaz, although only 70 samples, showed no J1, but 57% of G. Perhaps the G instead of the J1 in this case contributes to their massive 70% Caucasus component. The Adygei, in a much greater sampling size, show about 5% J1, but huge amounts of G, and huge amounts of Caucasus.

So now where does that leave Gedroisa!? Let’s see what’s taken…G2, I1, I2, J1, J2, R1a, and R1b. A shorter list I guess is what’s left. E1b1b, N1c1, and T. Let’s go through some elimination again, try and knock off some easier ones and see what’s left.

E1b1b peaks in Northwest Africa…probably the best fit for component too. Although it over-represents itself in Europe (higher % of E1b1b than autosomal Northwest African) the correlation can be seen pretty much across the continent. But the dominance extends far beyond Northwest Africa. Even Somalis have 77% of E1b1b, and that is the only haplogroup they have that could possibly generate their 70% East African. The Northwest African component seems to be represented by the clade M-81, whereas the East African component seems to be represented by the M-78 clade.

This leaves the only haplogroup left, the rare haplogroup T. T peaks in Somalis (even at barely 10%), who have only three components; Northwest African, East African, and Southwest Asian. T is probably lumped in with one of these three, but which? In Europe, T peaks in Cyprus (at a meager 5%). The Cypriots have no East African, so it is unlikely that. There is also not much T in Northwest Africa at all, so although not very decisive, I think it fits better as part of Southwest_Asian. This would also help resolve the bit of discrepency in Somalia; where 3% J2 contributes to 20% Southwest_Asian. If T is lumped in with Southwest_Asian, it will be ~13% haplogroup contributing to 20% autosomal, a much fairer number.

N1c1 and Q fall into place as Siberian.

Now we're just left with Gedroisa...Follow me for a second here. In Europe, wherever you find R1b, you find Gedroisa. But since in many places East of Europe R1b has little if anything to do with Gedroisa, somehow on their migration West, these R1b carriers must have picked up some autosomal Gedroisa. They were no longer pure North_European when they entered Europe. Instead about 80% North_European and 20% Gedroisa. Where this population was I'm not sure, but evidence points to South Asia.

If this is the case, it makes sense that it is not related to a typical European haplogroup, but more likely a South Asian one. The possibilities being F, H, K, L, or R2. F seems unlikely, Iran is 30% Gedroisa, but has F at only .35%. H and K are just as ill-fitting, as Kurds with 28% Gedroisa are rather devoid of either. R2 does not show up in the Adygei, who are 17% Gedroisa. The only one remaining then is haplogroup L.

Summary.

Atlantic_Med: I
    North_European: R1a and R1b
    Caucasus: J1, G2
    Southwest_Asian: J2, T
    Northwest_African: E1b1b (M-81)
    East_African: E1b1b (M-78)
    Gedroisa: L
    Siberian: N1c1, Q
    Last edited by Kale; 09-30-2013 at 04:44 AM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    French
    Ethnicity
    French
    Politics
    Symbiosis
    Religion
    Personal
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Is there really no edit thread button on here?

Geez that's stupid...Anyways, I'd like to post some much improved results on this topic.
    2.png
    P means possible, Y means yes.
    Last edited by Kale; 11-24-2013 at 09:32 PM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    French
    Ethnicity
    French
    Politics
    Symbiosis
    Religion
    Personal
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Damn really. The edit button goes away on regular posts after a while too?

Anyways...I finished what I could with the available data and this is what I've got. Haplogroups if not specific, include all subclades.

Gedroisa: L, Possibly R2
    Siberia: Q, N (except M-178)
    Northwest_Africa: E-M81, Possibly E1a
    Southeast_Asia: O1
    Atlantic_Med: I
    North_European: R1, N-M178, Possibly R2
    South_Asia: F, H
    East_Africa: A, E2
    Southwest_Asia: E-M78, T
    East_Asia: C1, C3, D, O2, O3
    Caucasus: G, J
    Sub_Saharan: B, E1b1a, Possibly E1a
    Last edited by Kale; 11-27-2013 at 03:57 AM.

Thread Information