View Poll Results: Are you proud/do you care about your ancestry and race

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm proud/I care about my ancestry and/or race, explain why

80 90.91%
  • I dont care about my ancestry and/or race, we are all the same, so who cares ?

8 9.09%
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Are you proud of your ancestry and race ?

El_Jibaro

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    Well said. My goal is to get to visit some of my ancestral towns/villages someday.
    You should, its a very touching experience . In my case it helps that much of my family lives around these areas, especially on my paternal side who are mostly still in Pontevedra so this was not difficult for me.

In my research I've gained a lot of sympathy for many of my ancestors as well. A lot of them died young, were widowers, lost children, battled with addictions, etc. You know, by getting these glimpses of their lives you can sort of see how uneasy life was for them.

I remember that I discovered the journal that belonged to my maternal great grandfather (father of my grandmother), it was very interesting. He was articulate, witty and intelligent as hell! The journal made him real to me, aside from these documents that say he was born in this place, was married to such and such, had this profession, the pictures, etc.
    Last edited by El_Jibaro; 07-30-2021 at 01:50 PM.

Last Online
    02-21-2023 @ 07:59 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    White American
    Ancestry
    English, German, and Irish
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R-L21
    mtDNA
    H3a
    Taxonomy
    Long face
    Politics
    Anglo-European Nationalism
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 507
    Given: 108

0 Not allowed!

I think it's really dumb when people say that you can't be proud of your ancestors because "those were the achievements of other people". How do you think you got here? Were you just a homunculus that came out of thin air? Your body is a continuation of a collective organism which has lived for a very long time, and which your ancestors would be very offended to hear you you don't actually see as part of you. The main reason for reproduction is continuation, we're not just drifting individuals who came from nothing and will return to nothing.

If you ancestry came from a very small region, you likely still hold most of the DNA of that town/community.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,245
    Given: 1,444

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthDutch7991 View Post
    I think it's really dumb when people say that you can't be proud of your ancestors because "those were the achievements of other people". How do you think you got here? Were you just a homunculus that came out of thin air? Your body is a continuation of a collective organism which has lived for a very long time, and which your ancestors would be very offended to hear you you don't actually see as part of you. The main reason for reproduction is continuation, we're not just drifting individuals who came from nothing and will return to nothing.

If you ancestry came from a very small region, you likely still hold most of the DNA of that town/community.
    It implies that it is stupid to do so, as well; However, the people implying that are idiots themselves :

The Japanese are in the top 10 smartest nations on earth :

In Shintoism :

Ancestor worship is practised in social-religious activities, such as visiting their graves, observing the annual (obon) festival and rituals at the household (kamidana), the Shinto altar. The daily activity is to offer incense, flowers and food to the family ancestors.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread Information