Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: #SolidarityIsForWhiteWomen: women of color's issue with digital feminism

Last Online
    Today @ 02:03 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18,480
    Given: 13,193

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
    Yeah, it's not really that bad here. I don't think most women agree with 1/10th the stuff I see on places like reddit. But it seems to be at society destroying levels in europe.
    I think in a not so far future feminists will outbreed themselves so not a serious problem really. Or just wait till another war starts and things get serious. Whatever comes first.

Elder of Zyklon Prisoner Of Ice's Avatar
    Last Online
    05-27-2015 @ 05:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Neanderthal
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Trondelag
    Religion
    Blond Jesus
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,981
    Given: 24,682

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Incal View Post
    I think in a not so far future feminists will outbreed themselves so not a serious problem really. Or just wait till another war starts and things get serious. Whatever comes first.
    The only problem is that in those countries some muslims have taken root. They will be the ones doing the breeding as their women empower themselves all day on the internet.
    Out Of Africa Theory is a lie.
    http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...88#post3431588
    And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

Last Online
    12-03-2023 @ 11:20 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Black
    Ethnicity
    African-American
    Ancestry
    Africa
    Country
    United States
    Region
    South Carolina
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,716
    Given: 1,709

2 Not allowed!

I came to the realization very early on that I was very choosy about feminism growing up. You could ask my mother or any of the women in my family who Betty Friedan was and they would look at you with question marks written all over their faces. Many African-American women don't have a frame of reference for the feminist movement primarily because older generations' time was monopolized by the Civil Rights movement. Moreover, the economic realities addressed in feminism never struck a chord with black women because the majority have always participated in the workforce to some extent.
    I would like for everyone to be as happy with themselves as possible. Just makes my life so much easier...

Last Online
    Today @ 02:03 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18,480
    Given: 13,193

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by blklady2013 View Post
    I came to the realization very early on that I was very choosy about feminism growing up. You could ask my mother or any of the women in my family who Betty Friedan was and they would look at you with question marks written all over their faces. Many African-American women don't have a frame of reference for the feminist movement primarily because older generations' time was monopolized by the Civil Rights movement. Moreover, the economic realities addressed in feminism never struck a chord with black women because the majority have always participated in the workforce to some extent.
    Feminists call that Intersectionality:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersectionality

Last Online
    02-13-2015 @ 05:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Black Atlantic
    Ethnicity
    Black American/tri-racial
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York
    Taxonomy
    Ethiopid or Sudanid/Arabid
    Politics
    Communalist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,852
    Given: 445

2 Not allowed!

An example: if I were to think of what my grandmother would have wanted from a women's movement it would've been support helping her husband find work that was more than seasonal and unionized (this was segregation era so damn near impossible) so she wouldn't have to leave her children name farm to go to rich white women's houses raising kids not their own.

Ironically it was the (White) Feminist movement that said work was liberation.

Another: Among a very few self described feminists some will 100% fully believe "all men should die" not understanding a white women could literally get any man killed just by accusation hundreds were killed in lynchings from white girls who said they did something that was not overtly submissive.

White feminist women have never understood how even in their honestly disenfranchised position how for the most part they still had power over men of any other race and were farthest above any other women in this country.

That and they were paternalistic to the black women wanting a soapbox to voice their opinions and start fighting for not only black women of all class but poor women in general.

To this day you see a pandering in most feminist circles where they either refuse or pay lip service to class/race/culture like taking over any topic regarding women movements around the world NOT of their making or not even mentioning them (think Aba Women's Riots) or they totally twist the words of black feminists for their own purposes.

Things are slowly changing most women who aren't white are doing wayyy more work together and I would say among my circle we generally roll eyes whenever some dumb mess is said then get back to work helping our communities.
    "Sometimes, I feel discriminated against, but it does not make me angry. It merely astonishes me. How can any deny themselves the pleasure of my company? It's beyond me." -Zora Neale Hurston

Last Online
    12-03-2023 @ 11:20 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Black
    Ethnicity
    African-American
    Ancestry
    Africa
    Country
    United States
    Region
    South Carolina
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,716
    Given: 1,709

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by KidMulat View Post
    An example: if I were to think of what my grandmother would have wanted from a women's movement it would've been support helping her husband find work that was more than seasonal and unionized (this was segregation era so damn near impossible) so she wouldn't have to leave her children name farm to go to rich white women's houses raising kids not their own.

Exactly. Moreover, I never grew up feeling a sense of inferiority to males. That particular form of oppression didn't really touch my own family because in our household, while my father was alpha of the pack, he actually WANTED my sister and I to be as self-sufficient as possible for pragmatic reasons. We pretty much operated under the law of necessity. If it needs to be done, and you're there...then do it. So when I encounter gender battles, I literally want to scream because they don't make a lot of practical sense to me.
    I would like for everyone to be as happy with themselves as possible. Just makes my life so much easier...

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    01-17-2018 @ 04:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mare
    Country
    Andorra
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,783
    Given: 2,629

1 Not allowed!

I am allergic to feminists.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Black Atlantic
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Communalist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Exactly. Moreover, I never grew up feeling a sense of inferiority to males. That particular form of oppression didn't really touch my own family because in our household, while my father was alpha of the pack, he actually WANTED my sister and I to be as self-sufficient as possible for pragmatic reasons. We pretty much operated under the law of necessity. If it needs to be done, and you're there...then do it. So when I encounter gender battles, I literally want to scream because they don't make a lot of practical sense to me.
    I really feel that stems from a history of black women not being able to be seen as weak or fragile. There was NO pedestal for us & our female ancestors worked right along the fields with men.

The gender battle ofcourse does exist in our community but how it manifests is totally different because of our different history as racialized peoples.
    "Sometimes, I feel discriminated against, but it does not make me angry. It merely astonishes me. How can any deny themselves the pleasure of my company? It's beyond me." -Zora Neale Hurston

Last Online
    06-08-2022 @ 06:06 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Colez Biker Gang
    Ethnicity
    Colez Biker Gang
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I2a2a
    mtDNA
    V
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,075
    Given: 11,797

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by KidMulat View Post

Another: Among a very few self described feminists some will 100% fully believe "all men should die" not understanding a white women could literally get any man killed just by accusation hundreds were killed in lynchings from white girls who said they did something that was not overtly submissive.

White feminist women have never understood how even in their honestly disenfranchised position how for the most part they still had power over men of any other race and were farthest above any other women in this country.

That and they were paternalistic to the black women wanting a soapbox to voice their opinions and start fighting for not only black women of all class but poor women in general.

To this day you see a pandering in most feminist circles where they either refuse or pay lip service to class/race/culture like taking over any topic regarding women movements around the world NOT of their making or not even mentioning them (think Aba Women's Riots) or they totally twist the words of black feminists for their own purposes.

Things are slowly changing most women who aren't white are doing wayyy more work together and I would say among my circle we generally roll eyes whenever some dumb mess is said then get back to work helping our communities.
    White feminists are the worst imo. They've had it so easy compared to some other groups in the US.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Black Atlantic
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Communalist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Proctor View Post
    White feminists are the worst imo. They've had it so easy compared to some other groups in the US.
    I wouldn't say white feminists are bad, I just think feel white feminism is just limited in scope and those who follow it most often react in ways because of that scope limiting the chance of solidarity (hence the hashtag name)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information