Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40,069
    Given: 10,740

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Giesta View Post
    Well... I think northen portuguese as more atlanto-mediterranid, and Algarve's portuguese only like mediterranids, without atlanto influences (no blue / green eyes. no blonde hair). But still white...
    I always thought this atlanto influences in northen were from Celtic ancestors.
    My Portuguese grandmother, despite having minor Sub-Saharan African ancestry from one of the colonies, can easily pass as Irish and looks very "Celtic". So it is definitely possible for Portuguese to look Celtic.

Last Online
    10-20-2023 @ 11:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Ancestry
    colonial origin
    Country
    Brazil
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 6

1 Not allowed!

Portugal is the Asturias kingdom son

Banned
    Last Online
    09-04-2023 @ 02:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ancestry
    Castellanos
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Y-DNA
    Castellanos
    mtDNA
    Castellanos
    Taxonomy
    Spanish paleto culture
    Politics
    Preserving Spanish paleto culture
    Religion
    The only one true Christianism is the Spanish Inquisition
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,689
    Given: 23,948

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by luizceltic View Post
    Portugal is the Asturias kingdom son
    Asturias kingdom changed its capital city and its name, so it would be more accurate saying Portugal is the kingdom of León son.
    But I take your point.

Last Online
    10-20-2023 @ 11:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Ancestry
    colonial origin
    Country
    Brazil
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 6

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cristiano viejo View Post
    Asturias kingdom changed its capital city and its name, so it would be more accurate saying Portugal is the kingdom of León son.
    But I take your point.
    Got it

Last Online
    Today @ 06:12 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mostly Euro Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Venezuelan Spanish
    Ancestry
    Mostly Spanish, some Italian, some Amerindian (6-7%), some minor SSA (4-5%)
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    J-M267
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Either Alpinized North Atlantid or Brunn
    Politics
    Right Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,437
    Given: 36,797

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Giesta View Post
    I think celtic genetics are stronger in northen iberic. My 4 mother's granparents are northen portuguese immigrants for Brazil, and 3 had green eyes (one with blonde hair) and 1 had blue eyes (with brown hair).
    My mother has green eyes and very light brown hair. She is very lighter than my father with portuguese + franch + italian ancestors. Because of my father I have light brown eyes and brown hair. :T
    Even with a strong Iberian ancestry I have vary pale skin, and can not stand at the sun, cause I get very red.

I do not understand why some think all Iberians are "brown" ¬¬
    Those light traits are also common in southern and eastern Iberians. The pigmentation differences between southern and northern Iberians are reduced to some very slightly higher incidence of blondism and light eyes in Northern Iberians compared to southern Iberians, but not that much as for this difference to be really noticeable.
    My Updated 23andme Results (2021)
    My Updated AncestryDNA Results (2022)
    My Global25 Coordinates (2020)
    An Epic Thread about me opened by Profield
    Quote Originally Posted by Profileid View Post
    Just in case anyone was wondering
    Quote Originally Posted by aherne
    You don't pass in Europe. Amerindian admixture is evident (castizo or harnizo)...

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    09-28-2017 @ 11:33 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germano-Gallo-Romance with a bit of Slavic.
    Ethnicity
    Québécois
    Ancestry
    Picard, Sardinian, Basque, Polish, Flemish, Gascon and some other ethnic group from so-called "South
    Country
    Flanders
    Region
    Acadia
    Y-DNA
    R-Z17
    mtDNA
    U2e1a
    Taxonomy
    Québécois
    Politics
    EAT YOUR HAIR
    Religion
    VIOLINIST
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,357
    Given: 7,739

0 Not allowed!

According Coon, Portugal is the most mediterranean country

"Non-Mediterranean elements in the Portuguese population are rare and of little importance. A few Nordics are scattered throughout but are particularly concentrated in the north. Traces of Dinaric blood, as we have already seen, may likewise be found on the northern coast. Negroid blood, introduced into Portugal through the medium of freed slaves, has largely been absorbed. The liberated negroes settled mostly in the cities, where negroes from the Portuguese colonies are still to be seen in some numbers. The liberality of the Portuguese social attitude toward persons of different race has prevented the retention, as in Arabia and the United States, of a stigmatized negroid class. On the whole, the absorption of negroes by the Portuguese has had no appreciable effect on the racial position of the country. Portugal remains, as it has been since the days of the Muge shell-fish eaters, classic Mediterranean territory."

"Portugal is, on the whole, fully as Mediterranean in race as is Spain and, perhaps, in some respects, it is more so. The chief differences between the two countries are: that the Portuguese are almost urn-iormly brunet in pigmentation and that there are no regions in Portugal in which brachycephaly is as important as in the Asturias and Galicia. In fact, Portugal contains some of the lowest cephalic index means on the continent of Europe."
    Flag Counter

Last Online
    05-06-2020 @ 08:04 AM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Region
    Amazigh
    Politics
    Metaphysical realism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 346
    Given: 196

0 Not allowed!

Races of Europe

"It can be shown that Sumerians who lived over five thousand years ago in Mesopotamia are almost identical in skull and face form with living Englishmen, and that predynastic Egyptian skulls can be matched both in a seventeenth century London plague pit, and in Neolithic cist-graves in Switzerland. Modern dolichocephalic whites or browns are very similar in head and face measurements and form. The Nordic race in the strict sense is merely a pigment phase of the Mediterranean. "

"Let us turn to the seventeenth century, during which disasters of great magnitude took place in London, the chief of which was the great plague og 1666 A.D. Wholesale deaths which occurred during this century overcrowded the cemetaries, and resulted in the dumping of bodies into plague pits. Thus were formed the two large cranial series of Whitechapel and Moorfields, while a third, the Farringdon Street series, was obtained by the disposal of a cemetary to obtain building space.

These three series are very similar to one another, although they are not identical; they, nevertheless, represent a single, clearly differentiated and reasonably homogeneous population. In all measurements, indices, and angles little difference can be found between the three hundred male crania of which these series are composed and the general series of Iron Age Keltic invaders of England. The resemblance is morphological as well as metrical; for the same, low, cylindrical vaults, the same exaggeratedly sloping foreheads, and the same pinched faces and narrow noses, typify this city population of seventeenth century Londoners. The continental Roman townsman, as exemplified by the Spitalfields series, seems to have died out utterly in Defoe's London. There may, as Morant suggests, have been social selection at play in the formation of these series; the upper classes may have disposed of their dead elsewhere; still the seventeenth century London type must have been predominantly Iron Age Nordic of the Keltic variety, and this in turn must have been ancestral to the modern Cockney. The arrival in London and other English towns of several thousands of French, Huguenots and of Dutchmen fleeing the cruelty of the Duke of Alva, took place for the most part too late in the seventeenth century for inclusion in the plague pits."

And metrical average value of Med. and Nordic examples from "Photographic Supplement"

Small Mediterraneans of Southern Europe: cephalic index-77,9. facial index-91,8. upper facial index-53,7
    Atlanto-Mediterraneans from Southwestern Europe: cephalic index-76,1. facial index-91,9. upper facial index- 54,7
    Blue-Eyed Atlanto-Mediterraneans: cephalic index-75,1. facial index-89,6. upper facial index-52,6
    The Mediterranean Reëmergence in Great Britain: cephalic index-76,1. facial index-91,4. upper facial index-54,2

It's almost identical with 4 examples of Keltic-Nordids
    cephalic index-77,5. facial index-93,7. upper facial index-54

And compare it with Corded-Nordics (original Nordics)
    cephalic index-72,4. facial index-95,6. upper facial index-57.6

Thus, Nordic iron age Celts (continental and island as well) are more close to Meds metrically, than to original Nordics. Also pre-historix Iberia was full of Celtic tribes, but i've never seen that ancient authors described Iberian Celts as blondes like ancient Germans for example. So it can be concluded that original ancient Celts must be associated with western Med. types and their the closest cousins Keltic-Nordids
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-24-2021 @ 05:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Politics
    Neo-liberal
    Hero
    Sikeliot
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,258
    Given: 3,510

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Enflamme View Post
    According Coon, Portugal is the most mediterranean country

"Non-Mediterranean elements in the Portuguese population are rare and of little importance. A few Nordics are scattered throughout but are particularly concentrated in the north. Traces of Dinaric blood, as we have already seen, may likewise be found on the northern coast. Negroid blood, introduced into Portugal through the medium of freed slaves, has largely been absorbed. The liberated negroes settled mostly in the cities, where negroes from the Portuguese colonies are still to be seen in some numbers. The liberality of the Portuguese social attitude toward persons of different race has prevented the retention, as in Arabia and the United States, of a stigmatized negroid class. On the whole, the absorption of negroes by the Portuguese has had no appreciable effect on the racial position of the country. Portugal remains, as it has been since the days of the Muge shell-fish eaters, classic Mediterranean territory."

"Portugal is, on the whole, fully as Mediterranean in race as is Spain and, perhaps, in some respects, it is more so. The chief differences between the two countries are: that the Portuguese are almost urn-iormly brunet in pigmentation and that there are no regions in Portugal in which brachycephaly is as important as in the Asturias and Galicia. In fact, Portugal contains some of the lowest cephalic index means on the continent of Europe."
    Do we know what racial type those Brachycephals belong to?

Last Online
    03-07-2024 @ 01:11 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Anglo
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic, German, some Jewish
    Ancestry
    Mercia/Northumbria, Westphalia/Baden-Wuttemburg, Mayo/Donegal, Powys, Argyll, Pas-de-Calais, Poland?
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I-L38
    mtDNA
    H3
    Taxonomy
    probably alpine+atlantid/mediterranid
    Politics
    non party affiliated center-right
    Hero
    Vercingetorix, Caratacus, Arminius, Robert the Bruce, Owain Glyndwr, Jan Sobieski III
    Religion
    I feel connected to paganism & my ancestors but am also scientific
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,927
    Given: 2,177

0 Not allowed!

They were an array of different clans and tribes of Celtic or Arcaic proto-Celtic (Hallstatt) culture, and after the Cantabrian Wars were progressively Latinized, though due their isolated and remote location they were able to keep their ethnic identity, were Christianized later and resisted the assimilation to the Roman culture.

The Hallstatt have recently been disproven to be the original Celts, as it has been found that Celtic was spoken in Iberia long before the Hallstatt culture even influenced the area. Its likely that the Celtic languages and culture developed from trade networks across Atlantic Europe around 2000 BC.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-09-2021 @ 06:57 AM
    Ethnicity
    Southern European
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Leon
    Y-DNA
    R-L21
    Thumbs Up