"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    French & German
    Ancestry
    Aquitània (Maternal), Vörpommern (Paternal)
    Country
    Quebec
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid/Nordomediterranid + Minor Dinaroid (Agrippa)
    Politics
    Neo-Feudalist; Neu-Ordenstaat / Aristocratist
    Religion
    Esoteric Traditionalism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default British scientists develop ‘brain to brain communication’

Published on 10-15-2009

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...unication.html

The system, developed by a team at the University of Southampton, is said to be the first technology that would allow people to send thoughts, words and images directly to the minds of others, particularly people with a disability.

It has also been hailed as the future of the internet, which would provide a new way to communicate without the need for keyboards and telephones.

Leading thinkers offer predictions of 'next big thing'“This could be useful for those people who are locked into their bodies, who can’t speak, can’t even blink,” said the lead scientist Dr Christopher James.

The scientists claimed the research proved it could eventually be possible to create a system where people sent messages through their thoughts alone, although they conceded it was many years away.

Scientists used “brain-computer interfacing”, a technique that allows computers to analyse brain signals, that enabled them to send messages formed by a person’s brain signals though an internet connection to another person’s brain miles away.

According to Dr James, during transmission two people were connected to electrodes that measure activity in specific parts of the brain.

The first person generated a series of zeros and ones, where they imagined moving their left arm for zero and right arm for one.

After the first person’s computer recognises the binary thoughts, it sends them to the internet and then to the other person’s PC.

A lamp is then flashed at two different frequencies for one and zero, the Times reported.

The second person’s brain signals are analysed after staring at this lamp and the number sequence is picked up by a computer.

“It’s not telepathy,” Dr James told the paper.

“There’s no conscious thought forming in one person’s head and another conscious thought appearing in another person’s mind.

“The next experiments are to get that second person to be aware of the information that is being sent to them. For that, I need to get my thinking cap on, so to speak.”
    "Free, do you call yourself? Then I would hear your ruling thought, and not merely that you have escaped from a yoke. Are you one of those who had the right to escape from a yoke? Many a one has cast away his last worth when he has cast away his servitude. Free from what? What does that matter to Zarathustra! But your fiery eyes should tell me: free for what?" - Thus Spoke Zarathustra

Burning in the Melting Pot Wölfin's Avatar
    Last Online
    05-23-2012 @ 09:57 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Canidae
    Ethnicity
    Canis Lupus
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Rhineland
    Taxonomy
    Lycaon (Aterum)
    Politics
    #swag
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

I love the little tongue in cheek at the end. Great article, Agent Smith, I had been reading about such a thing being theoretically possible for a bit now. Glad we're one step closer!
    There'll be no diversity if we end up burning in the Melting pot...

Thread Information