Country
    Adyghea
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,724
    Given: 2,012

0 Not allowed!

Default the potato nose monster attacks little borealized chinky reindeers

Quote Originally Posted by link View Post
    According to whom? Show me a post where somebody claimed that this is what the distribution of "Northern European" autosomal component looks like.

Eupedia's map which you quoted in your signature is "suposedly" based on the short-lived Dodecad V3 where Northern European component was split into Western and Eastern. I say "supposedly" because that Eupedia's map is inaccurate, if you look at Dienekes' run, you will see that the actual distribution is like this:
    Okay, I changed my signature. Happy now? It's a joke, Greeks scoring higher than Norwegians?

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Faroes
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 747
    Given: 368

0 Not allowed!

We, the Balts are an ancient Northern population
    Then why do you look like swarthy Eastern-Europeans compared to us?

lI

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.KnowItAll View Post
    Okay, I changed my signature. Happy now? It's a joke, Greeks scoring higher than Norwegians?
    Change it to "North-East European" instead of "North European" and then I'll be happy

Finns score higher than East-Central European Ukrainians or South-East European Romanians & Bulgarians, so that component is clearly more of a "North-East European" rather than just a general "East European".

Quote Originally Posted by Äike View Post
    Then why do you look like swarthy Eastern-Europeans compared to us?
    We don't. Your hair is blonder than mine but you have a wog eye while my eyes are light
    And metrically you're more of an East Baltid than I am, soz.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Faroes
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

We don't. Your hair is blonder than mine but you have a wog eye while my eyes are light
    And metrically you're more of an East Baltid than I am, soz.
    By "you" I was referring to the Balts, I have no idea how you look like, you have never posted any pictures.

Also, I have light eyes...?

Thirdly, I'm Cro-Magnon-Nordid. I'm very robust with some Nordid elements, no east-baltid stuff.

Last Online
    07-01-2022 @ 11:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Earthling
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Ancestry
    Russian-German, Danish, Swedish, Swiss, British Isles
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 118

3 Not allowed!

I don't get why people are so hung up on the names of admixture components. "Oh look, X is more Northern European than Y. That means..." Well, all it means is that in certain admixture runs, X is more Component A than Y. We call it "Northern European" because it's easier for us to read.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-08-2015 @ 01:06 AM
    Ethnicity
    FFFF
    Country
    Adyghea
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,724
    Given: 2,012

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Quasimodem View Post
    I don't get why people are so hung up on the names of admixture components. "Oh look, X is more Northern European than Y. That means..." Well, all it means is that in certain admixture runs, X is more Component A than Y. We call it "Northern European" because it's easier for us to read.
    It's a game we play here at TA and other anthroforums Who is the most European or who is the most East Asian etc.

Last Online
    01-30-2024 @ 04:12 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Rus
    Ethnicity
    Rus
    Ancestry
    Rus
    Country
    Russia
    Y-DNA
    Rus
    mtDNA
    Rus
    Taxonomy
    Rus
    Politics
    Rus
    Religion
    Rus
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,447
    Given: 687

6 Not allowed!

Thirdly, I'm Cro-Magnon-Nordid.
    You potato-nose baltid, lol

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Faroes
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Quasimodem View Post
    Finns and Estonians are always the northernmost people on a X/Y axis, with X being "West-East" and Y being "North-South. Like in 23andme, me and all other Estonians/Finns are the northernmost cluster, above Scandinavians, Balts,Slavs and Central-Europeans. It makes sense, already geographically. As Finnics are the northernmost group of Europeans, Scandinavians being 2nd.

Last Online
    07-01-2022 @ 11:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Earthling
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Ancestry
    Russian-German, Danish, Swedish, Swiss, British Isles
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 118

0 Not allowed!

Finns and Estonians are always the northernmost people on a X/Y axis, with X being "West-East" and Y being "North-South. Like in 23andme, me and all other Estonians/Finns are the northernmost cluster, above Scandinavians, Balts,Slavs and Central-Europeans. It makes sense, already geographically. As Finnics are the northernmost group of Europeans, Scandinavians being 2nd.
    Well, technically the closest correlation with geography runs at an angle.

Part of that has to do with northerners being closer genetically to East Asians and farther from Africans and West Asians than southerners, as well as easterners being closer genetically to East Asians and farther from Africans and West Asians than westerners. So you could say X is African-Asian and Y is Asian-African.

lI

8 Not allowed!

What a liar! What, did you think I ain't gonna check out what you cluster like at 23andme and you will be able to tell BS to everybody here??
    You cluster at the EXACT same spot as 1/4 Russian 3/4 Latvian Una. And guess what, my Central Lithuanian grandmother's brother as well as Samogitian grandfather are not any more Southern than you, only more Western - in fact, you're not even very Northern compared to the other Lithuanians:

Also, I have light eyes...?
    The hell you do with an AG at rs12913832.
    This isn't "light" in Lithuania and I doubt whether it is in Estonia.

Thirdly, I'm Cro-Magnon-Nordid. I'm very robust with some Nordid elements, no east-baltid stuff.
    Dude, you could be a textbook example of a Baltid - your jaw isn't square, the browridge isn't prominent, your features are rounded and eyes mildly slanting. Why pretend to be something you're not? I've seen your photos.

Oh, c'mon! Even Poland scores higher than Finland! I mean take a look in a map, where is Finland located if not in the North Eastern Europe?
    Why would it matter where it's located now - don't you know the history of how your country was populated?? Finnic languages contain a lot of ancient loanwords not only from Baltic - loanwords from proto-Germanic are even more numerous. How do you think they got there if not with the assimilated Germanic people? Why would you score higher in North-East European than Lithuanians or Northern Slavs who lack this ancient but sizable Western admix from Germanics? On top of that, the settlement of Scandinavians and Germans in Finland was quite massive during the past few hundred of years (didn't you read Henke's threads about this subject at ABF?) and they got assimilated over time. No such thing happened in Poland (only Scottish settlement was sizeable there but even that wasn't very statistically significant).
    So, why shouldn't Finns have a larger North-West admix than Poles?

The component peaks in Eastern Europe, it really is just Eastern European, not North Eastern.
    Does the North-East Europe have significantly more of it than the South-East Europe? Yes. How's it just Eastern European then?
    Last edited by lI; 10-15-2013 at 08:22 PM.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information