Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 736
    Given: 153

4 Not allowed!

Default New Eupedia map of mtDNA V

Click here for original thread.

mtDNA V distribution is very similar to Eupedia's U5 map(click here)

In the Sami of far northern Scandinavia, north Africa, and Near east U5 and V distribution is almost identical. This makes a lot of sense since European mtDNA U5b1b in north Africa has been connected with V. They may have all migrated to north Africa from Iberia with H1 and H3 over 8,000 years ago. In Ancient North African DNA there are two V?'s in Mooroco from 12,000ybp. I think the way V is distributed is evidence it originated in Europe and did not come from the Near east in Neolithic. If Maciamo also makes distribution map of H1 and also H3 I bet in the Near east and North Africa they will have very similar distribution to U5 and V. But it is not good to generalize H1,H3, and V because there are many subclades and I have noticed in FTDNA's mtDNA of countries that most of Europe have very similar percentages of H1 subclades. So just because H1 is estimated to be around 15,000 years old does not mean that's when it spread the age of subclades that are in all Europeans is when it would have spread. I do think though that H1, H3, and V all originated in Palaeloithic Europe and spread around 10,000-15,000ybp.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euro-Mutt
    Ethnicity
    European-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    J2a
    mtDNA
    U5b2
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,058
    Given: 5,444

1 Not allowed!

There is a rather obvious flaw in these maps and really just how people tend to look at European mtDNA haplogroups in general. That is that only haplogroup U and H to some degree seem to be looked at in terms of subclades. People tend to just lump all of haplogroups V, J, K, T and such together. Many even do this with H. Only in haplogroup U do we ever see people always mentioning subclades like U4 or U5. We need to look at all of them in terms of subclades as each subclade probably has a unique history.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    09-25-2015 @ 04:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    blank
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxman View Post
    There is a rather obvious flaw in these maps and really just how people tend to look at European mtDNA haplogroups in general. That is that only haplogroup U and H to some degree seem to be looked at in terms of subclades. People tend to just lump all of haplogroups V, J, K, T and such together. Many even do this with H. Only in haplogroup U do we ever see people always mentioning subclades like U4 or U5. We need to look at all of them in terms of subclades as each subclade probably has a unique history.
    I think because H and U are the most common that's why you hear more about subclades. You should look at FTDNA MTDNA and then a country's name I have noticed V1 specifically V1a1a is most popular for Norway and Finland. I think there defintley was a flaw trying of generalizing all U5 because it is extremely old but there is not enough info on deep U5 aubclades like U5a1 to make a map. And even U5a1 or U5b2 are estimated to be over 20,000 years old so

Elder of Zyklon Prisoner Of Ice's Avatar
    Last Online
    05-27-2015 @ 05:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Neanderthal
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Trondelag
    Religion
    Blond Jesus
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,981
    Given: 24,682

0 Not allowed!

I am V so...weird. I thought this was an Iberian clade, turns out it's a northern european hunter gatherer clade. I guess probably being hunter gatherer it used to be in all of europe and got overhwhelmed by farmers growing more and more.

Thanks for info, there is almost none out there.
    Out Of Africa Theory is a lie.
    http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...88#post3431588
    And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    09-25-2015 @ 04:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    blank
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
    I am V so...weird. I thought this was an Iberian clade, turns out it's a northern european hunter gatherer clade. I guess probably being hunter gatherer it used to be in all of europe and got overhwhelmed by farmers growing more and more.

Thanks for info, there is almost none out there.
    It could of originated in Iberia estimated 15,000ybp and that's how it got to North Africa with H1, H3, and U5b1b. But today it is not unique to anyone in Europe since there has been so much movement since 15,000ybp and central and northern Europe were repopulated. Sami I think do only get their food by hunting and gathering traditionally but today they probably get it the same way everyone does without hunting, gathering, or farming. So far there is no mtDNA V in Mesolithic Europe there are two from Pitted ware culture hunter gathers in Gotland, Sweden from 4,000-4,800ybp an it probably I not from farmer inter marriage.

Last Online
    12-04-2022 @ 10:01 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Czech
    Ancestry
    Moravia+Silesia+Bohemia=Czechia
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Moravia-Silesia
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a (R-M512)
    mtDNA
    V (V7a)
    Taxonomy
    Europithecus
    Politics
    of the all azimuths
    Hero
    Viktor Mihály Orbán
    Religion
    ČCE
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,808
    Given: 4,545

0 Not allowed!

What about V7a subclade? It is my subclade
    Wikipedia says:
    The rare V7a subclade occurs among Algerians in Oran (1.08%) and Reguibate Sahrawi (1.85%)

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Vlach Irish
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-V13 Dacian Mocani
    mtDNA
    V3 Viking Queen
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,860
    Given: 18,268

2 Not allowed!

Distribution
    https://www.geni.com/projects/V-mtDNA/3936

"Haplogroup V first appeared in Iberia toward the end of the Ice Age, about 16,000 years ago, when Europe's human population was mostly restricted to a few temperate enclaves in the southern part of the continent. Aside from a branch that established itself in Sardinia during the period, haplogroup V was mostly confined to the Iberian peninsula until the Ice Age had ended.

"The haplogroup began expanding after consistently warmer conditions arrived about 11,500 years ago. One migration carried it northward along the Atlantic to a low-lying coastal plain rich in game and marine food sources such as seals and sea birds. Known as Doggerland, that region lies under the North Sea today – because so much water was locked up in the polar ice sheets during and immediately after the Ice Age, sea level was lower in the past than it is today.

"Doggerland slipped beneath the waves about 9,000 years ago, but haplogroup V remains at levels of about 5% in countries that border the Atlantic and especially the North Sea. It is most abundant today in Scotland and northern Germany.

"A separate post-Ice Age migration carried haplogroup V through central Europe to western Russia and the Scandinavian Arctic." (23andme.com.)

Haplogroup V reaches its highest frequency in northern Scandinavia (40% of the Sami), northern Spain, the Netherlands (8%), Sardinia, the Croatian islands and the Maghreb. It might have been common in the now submerged Doggerland.

Last Online
    10-23-2023 @ 08:27 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish/Rusyn
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    R1b 2103 - father line
    mtDNA
    v7a
    Taxonomy
    Pred Westbaltid/Dinarid, Balto-Alpinoid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,257
    Given: 2,362

0 Not allowed!

I am v7a, oldest skeleton has been found in Viking Tomb in Sweden, but this subclade is probably German/Polish/France - central European, what is very interesting v7a1 is very common and popular only between Fins -
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    Naw, just realistic about things. You don't cross an angry woman. Ever. Not even when she's on the cuddly days of her period. She is always right, you're a worthless worm. She is a goddess, you are nothing.

Thread Information