I1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35,722
    Given: 17,037

15 Not allowed!

Default How Girls Fool You With Makeup

How Girls Fool You With Makeup

The Ugly Truth

One day you're going to wake up and look at the person next you and wonder, "who is she, and why is she wearing my girlfriend's shirt"? Suddenly, the person you fell in love with is someone else. When that day comes, brace yourself for a secret so big, it has the potential to destroy the world as we know it: The face you thought you knew is actually just a mask.

Makeup is a ubiquitous part of our culture, and almost all women try and improve their looks with concealer, eyeshadow, foundation, and blush. Makeup isn't necessarily a bad thing, it can be used as an artistic expression, but sometimes it can also be used as a tool of deception.

They're All In On it

We're not exactly sure when it happened, but we're pretty sure that sometime not too long ago, the women of the world held a meeting. In that meeting, it was decided, among other things, that for the sake of humanity, disguising themselves as someone else was the only way to save the world.

Take this girl, for example, she is clearly trying to hide her identity. The left side of her face looks like a completely different person than the right. What type of wizardry is this?

Is It Even The Same Person?

You've been set up on a blind date, so all you know about this person is what you're seeing before you for the first time. She's wearing her best dress, and spent about 2.5 hours getting ready for the big night. Sure, she looks good, but is it even her you're looking at?

Okay, let's get one thing straight here: this girl does not look bad without makeup. But even so, it seems like there is some misrepresentation going on here. Rather than highlighting her natural features, she seems to be burying them all under a thick layer of foundation.

If Not Her, Then Who?

No, it's definitely not her you're talking to. That person is back at home, watching Sex & The City reruns in her pj's. The person you see in front of you is only a figment of her imagination. This painted doll you see is only what she's been conditioned to think real beauty is.

Do you think this girl's rough and irritated-looking skin could be a result of all the pore-clogging makeup she applies to transform her appearance? These images present a sort of chicken-or-egg dilemma: do people with bad skin wear makeup or does makeup give people bad skin? We're guessing it's a combination of both.

Is It That Big Of A Deal?

It doesn't have to be. If you can tolerate the duality behind the person you spend most of your time with, go right ahead. Although looking back at old family photos might be a little awkward. “OH JESUS CHRIST WHO’S THAT UGGO??” . . . “Oh, sorry honey”

We actually think this girl looked a lot better before she applied the makeup. She had clear, soft skin, a pretty face, and her light freckles gave her some real character. Her post-makeup picture makes her look like a real life CGI character.

Can You Even See?

Ok, you're blind. What else have you been lying about? Is that even your nose? Is your hairline different somehow? Your ears are lower, aren't they? Fake lips? Are you colorblind, have you been lying about loving me in my blue sweater? DO YOU EVEN LOVE ME?

What's striking here is that this woman's skin appears to have entirely changed shades. She went from having a natural skin tone on the left to more of a guido-y orange glow on the right. We think she would look good with a little bit of makeup, somewhere between these two extremes.

Ehhh, Eyes Much?

The problem with this look is that she's no longer the same person. Hell, it's unclear if she recognizes herself. Isn't makeup suppose to be about accenting your existing features? When you go to such great lengths to completely alter your appearance, you're not sending a very positive message about your self esteem.

These big-eye contacts have become popular in some parts of Asia, they make her pupils and irises look about twice the size that they were originally. We think this cartoon character look is a bit over the top.

The Hollywood Addiction

Hollywood's obsession with beauty is no secret, so you should keep that in mind the next time you're gawking at your favorite celeb. Even some of the most beautiful women on the planet aren't polished enough for the silver screen. They too undergo transformations to go from average Jane's to sensual vixens. At least in this case it's supposed to be fake.

Look at this before-and-after picture of Eva Longoria. She was really pretty without the Hollywood makeup, sure, but she still looks like an entirely different person, no? The lashes and eyeliner really transform her.

Wait, So How Old?

One of the greatest lies that makeup hides is of course, a woman's age. It's no secret the as we get older, we sometimes feel uncomfortable about revealing our true age. Well, makeup allows women to let their face do the talking. The next time you find yourself on a blind date, don't be surprised if she's +10 years older than she's leading on. It's just not fair.

Of course, it's also just not fair to women that our society puts so much emphasis on their youth. Older men seem to get a pass as being more distinguished and handsome, but as women age their dating pool seems to shrink.

Maybe Too Young?

Some women use makeup to go from 40 to 30, but sometimes the look is little too young, in an almost creepy way. Grown adults shouldn't strive to look like underage children. The rosy cheeks, the bubblegum lipstick, the fruit hairpins, it all creates a look that's disturbingly young. Think of the kind of person you are going to attract, and the message this sends.

It seems like there is a target age for women, and that age is 20-30. Women who are younger than that use makeup to make themselves appear older, while many women over 30 use makeup to use younger.

It's Not Just The Face, Hair Too

As if having to deal with make-believe faces wasn't enough, you then come to the realization that her hair might not actually be attached to her scalp. That's right, hair extensions have the ability to transform a woman's look even more. Don't be surprised if you run your fingers through your girlfriend's hair and they get stuck.

It's probably all for the best though, maintaining hair like this girl has in the picture on the right would probably take up a lot of time and energy. It's much easier just to take it off at the end of the day.

Is There A Casual Look?

Something that's often overlooked with these glam makeovers is that there's very little room for casual looks. If you're going out for the night no one will question your long lashes and bright mascara, but do you really want all of these layers while you're sweating at the gym? You're going to have a real tough time trying to keep this up during down times.

A happy medium would probably work best to keep up appearances. This girl's makeup cancels out her natural dimples and it diminishes the quality of her smile.

The Process

One of the major drawbacks to the face transformation is of course time. On a daily basis, these lengthy procedures can start consuming your life. How many of us actually have the time to give ourselves a makeover every morning? If you do, then we recommend you pick up a hobby or two. Moreover, what happens when you have to do something unexpectedly? The tricky thing is, once you commit to taking on a new persona, you more or less have to stick with it.

A girl who has to create this look before leaving the house can't be spontaneous and impulsive; every day's activities must be planned hours in advance. It must be a very frustrating existence to live like this.

Where Did She Go?

Unlike other cases where makeup is used to change the features on a face, here we have someone who started out with a blank canvas and created the illusion of features. The transformation is quite startling, and certainly understandable. Nonetheless, there's still an element of deceit. When we see someone for the first time, and we feel an attraction towards them, we shouldn't have to ask ourselves if they're in fact not the person we're seeing, regardless of our insecurities.

With only half her face made up, the contrast is startling, she looks like some kind of space mutant. It's hard to tell what she would look like either with or without makeup based on this half-and-half picture, but we bet she looks great in either case. Why not choose the look that doesn't take up hours of your life every day?

The Final Product

So after the layers of makeup, the lash extensions, the contact lenses, the hair extensions, and hours and hours of work, you're left with a completely different person. Is it that big of a deal? Well, that depends on your personal preference. Still, you should be prepared for the day your partner decides not to wear her mask, it might shock you.

This girl appears to be wearing high-contrast makeup that was made specifically for being photographed; it probably wouldn't look that great in person. Same could be said about her hair, this is all one big set-up for the purpose of a photoshoot.

Source: http://juicytip.com/eyecandy/how-gir...sktop:&page=15

Last Online
    04-03-2023 @ 10:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Bhutan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 498
    Given: 665

1 Not allowed!

It's true, we all do it.

Latin American Venture Capitalist Stormer99's Avatar
    Last Online
    09-10-2015 @ 03:36 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Med
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Dinaric + Med
    Politics
    Libertarian Party
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,504
    Given: 975

6 Not allowed!

If men are going to have unrealistic standards, they shouldn't blame women for doing this.
    They only have themselves to blame. Also, how is someone wearing contacts suddenly "lying"?
    Her eyes should never be properly seen just because she has a vision problem?
    Stand against Communism
    Stand against FMLN

Vota por la seguridad, vota por Norman, Vota por ARENA

Latin American Elite and Proud of It

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Med
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Dinaric + Med
    Politics
    Libertarian Party
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up

4 Not allowed!

I do think the women look fake though and it's a bad thing because then the world expects everyone to do their makeup like that
    Stand against Communism
    Stand against FMLN

Banned
    Last Online
    05-13-2014 @ 12:48 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York
    Taxonomy
    Pontid Borreby
    Politics
    Right wing
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,275
    Given: 433

3 Not allowed!

The Asians seem to be the biggest transformation offenders.

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35,722
    Given: 17,037

12 Not allowed!

I don't do make-up at all. Not even a little bit.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Med
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Dinaric + Med
    Politics
    Libertarian Party
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by BrudnyZydMalpa View Post
    The Asians seem to be the biggest transformation offenders.
    Yep and people are SO easily fooled
    They do it because they are desperate for white men.
    Stand against Communism
    Stand against FMLN

Last Online
    02-13-2015 @ 05:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Black Atlantic
    Ethnicity
    Black American/tri-racial
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York
    Taxonomy
    Ethiopid or Sudanid/Arabid
    Politics
    Communalist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,852
    Given: 445

2 Not allowed!

Personally most men are completely unaware about these sort of things stating they like girls "natural" without recognizing there are women willing to go to great lengths to look as little done as possible.

I mean honestly when a guy tells a girl "I like you natural" does he really mean he wants to feel stubble on you legs and wisps on you upper lips, greasy hair bangs and for those with skin problems the skin masks applied to your face needed to clear problematic skin? What about curlers in their hair or the bloated look some get during a period?

To me its a double standard.
    "Sometimes, I feel discriminated against, but it does not make me angry. It merely astonishes me. How can any deny themselves the pleasure of my company? It's beyond me." -Zora Neale Hurston

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    12-30-2018 @ 05:27 AM
    Ethnicity
    R1a-M458 "West-Slavic" L1029+
    mtDNA
    N1b2 "Ashkenazi, Bedouin, Mazandaran"
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid spectrum + some CM and Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,170
    Given: 10,023

4 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazimiera View Post
    I don't do make-up at all. Not even a little bit.
    And you still manage to look very good.

Last Online
    02-13-2015 @ 05:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Black Atlantic
    Ethnicity
    Black American/tri-racial
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York
    Taxonomy
    Ethiopid or Sudanid/Arabid
    Politics
    Communalist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,852
    Given: 445

5 Not allowed!

Also all the hype is really just an improvement in airbrush application, highlighting and lowlighting!
    "Sometimes, I feel discriminated against, but it does not make me angry. It merely astonishes me. How can any deny themselves the pleasure of my company? It's beyond me." -Zora Neale Hurston

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information