Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
Well some say nutrition is overrated when it comes to hypertrophy and athletic performance, other "experts" claim it is 80%, so basically more important than the actual training.
I think the truth is in the middle. In fact the human organism is not homogenous. Every individual has his distinctive metabolism so its very complex. Some can tolearte fat and carbs easily, others only gain weight. So general rules are always hard to apply. In my case I need lots of protein and only little carbs so that my organism can build up muscles or at least consolidate them. I gained 15 kg muscle mass with this method within a year by only 10,6 % body fat currently
But this does not mean it is a basic rule for anybody.
There is a good docu about this issue I watched recently:

I eat a lot and well. We hunt a bit in the family, we deal with peasants we know, we've got fresh stuff from around here available at the market/grossery shop/bakery and we're surrounded by vines so we always get prime quality ingredients/base food.
My weight doesn't budge at all. But when I went to Australia I gained like 6 kilograms in less than two months and I looked like a pound of melting butter. Lost it almost immediately when I came back home.

So here's what I think : trying to get control over your diet is useless, the quality of the food and the way you conceive food and eating in general is way more important.
Pleasure is superior to science. That's why Americans are fat like monks, even though they spent much more time than the rest worrying about diet, weight and stuff.
If I need to do physical stuff, I'll just eat more of what I'm used to. No need to worry, the land will provide what the man needs.

So yeah, that was just my two cents about food.