Pred. Dinarid
    Hero
    Albanian national awakening figures of XIX century
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,931
    Given: 6,738

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Acquisitor View Post
    so what is it that you disagree with me in this topic then ?
    Do you support Assad or not?! If yes gotta disagree with you how you'd support a dictatorship instead of road to democracy, that's all.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Russian, Jew, Polish, Serbian, Yakut, Finn.
    Country
    Belgium
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,877
    Given: 3,578

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Illyrian Warrior View Post
    You know how you see all this, anyone who is against Assad rule support Islamist extremist however you clearly haven't got my point either since I'm against two sides when the ones who really suffers here are exactly Syrian people (like article state), since they found themselves in mids of all this disaster started by Assad which clearly isn't willing to give up his power even if it means taking more casualties each day .
    The people are paying the price for having a wrong mindset.

My point is also that if Assad falls, then what happens ? Syrians are not ready for a democracy, so either a new dictator will take his place OR a new dictator with religious agenda might do that as well. If you genuinely believe that a Western style democracy will replace Assad then you are being naive. If Assad falls, then the war is likely to continue, maybe for decades, the war will be for the place in Assad's palace though, and not to "liberate the people".

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pelasgian-ThrakoIllyrian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Ancient Dardanian Albanian Kosovar
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    Dardania
    Y-DNA
    E-Z5018->?
    Taxonomy
    Pred. Dinarid
    Hero
    Albanian national awakening figures of XIX century
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,931
    Given: 6,738

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Acquisitor View Post
    The people are paying the price for having a wrong mindset.

My point is also that if Assad falls, then what happens ? Syrians are not ready for a democracy, so either a new dictator will take his place OR a new dictator with religious agenda might do that as well. If you genuinely believe that a Western style democracy will replace Assad then you are being naive. If Assad falls, then the war is likely to continue, maybe for decades, the war will be for the place in Assad's palace though, and not to "liberate the people".
    So you doubt people capabilities there, stupid conclusion to come my friend....I expected more mature answer tbh, since they're people like me and you, therefore deserve a chance starting from a democratic voting and not a dictator who has last saying about everything like Gaddafi & co which quite frankly many had mental instability to run a family let alone a country.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Russian, Jew, Polish, Serbian, Yakut, Finn.
    Country
    Belgium
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,877
    Given: 3,578

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Illyrian Warrior View Post
    So you doubt people capabilities there, stupid conclusion to come my friend....I expected more mature answer tbh, since they're people like me and you, and deserve a chance for democratic voting, not a dictator leader who has last saying about everything like Gaddafi & co were with mental instability to run a family let alone a country.
    biologically they are, culturally they are not. Obviously there are bad Syrians and good Syrians, like in every nation but it's not the point.

The point is that they have never known democracy, their society has never (at least in the modern history or maybe just never) developed to the point when democracy was possible. You are being as foolish as G Bush and Condoleezza Rice who thought that Iraqi people will follow the US and will choose a democratic model as soon as the last American soldier has left the country. Take a look at Iraq friendo. Democracy is not something that can appear out of nowhere, it took Europe a long, long path to come to it, though centuries of being suppressed by religion, by endless very bloody wars etc. It appears that Arabs atm are where the Europeans were 500 or so years ago, and a long, long path is ahead before they can finally shake off the religion and truly oppose Assad's and religious dictatorships. It's possible that the Arab spring is the beginning of the path, but you appear to think that it just a 100 meter sprint, well here is a surprise: its not a 100 meter sprint, its a long, long walk though the swamp, full of mud, death and suffering. Democracy all the values and rights which it brings along have to be suffered for, only through suffering it can be achieved, and I repeat, the path is long.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Caucasoid
    Ancestry
    European
    Country
    Bhutan
    Region
    Aboriginal
    mtDNA
    K1c1
    Taxonomy
    Alpinised Nordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,040
    Given: 2,328

1 Not allowed!

So many of these countries fall prey to corruption and so few governments seem to do the right thing in the Middle East, which is a real shame.
    I just hope it improves for them, but i doubt they'll ever be under democratic rule.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread Information