Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: I decided to dump my girlfriend because she is not excited by my ancestry. Anyone experience this?

Banned
    Last Online
    06-22-2020 @ 07:44 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Ancestry
    Beira Alta e Douro
    Country
    Portugal
    Region
    Asturias
    Y-DNA
    E-BY36858
    mtDNA
    H20
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid/Atlantomed + CM
    Hero
    old village folk
    Relationship Status
    In a civil union
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,263
    Given: 5,005

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Longbowman View Post
    Yesterday I gave my girlfriend with a good 15 minute talk on population genetics and she smiled right the way through and asked questions.
    I bet you did!

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35,878
    Given: 17,083

7 Not allowed!

I often enthuse about something from 23andme and haplogroups. I excitedly tell my husband and he gives me a smile which says, "That's nice dear". He often enthuses to me about art and cities and I give him the glazed look. We each have our little niche.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    12-30-2018 @ 05:27 AM
    Ethnicity
    R1a-M458 "West-Slavic" L1029+
    mtDNA
    N1b2 "Ashkenazi, Bedouin, Mazandaran"
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid spectrum + some CM and Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,171
    Given: 10,023

4 Not allowed!

I'm grateful that most of my friends are open-minded and I can speak pretty freely about genetic/taxonomy related stuff. Like me, some can even get the humorous overtones with it.
    Here's an example... an ex of mine can now tell if a someone has CM.

Elder of Zyklon Prisoner Of Ice's Avatar
    Last Online
    05-27-2015 @ 05:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Neanderthal
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Trondelag
    Religion
    Blond Jesus
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,981
    Given: 24,682

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazimiera View Post
    I often enthuse about something from 23andme and haplogroups. I excitedly tell my husband and he gives me a smile which says, "That's nice dear". He often enthuses to me about art and cities and I give him the glazed look. We each have our little niche.
    Well, I would never talk about haplotypes and don't really care much what mine are. If I learned my grandfather was a jew escaping from a concentration camp it would be much the same as far as my excitement goes. When your father is an orphan then it is something that troubles you, probably more so if you are yourself an orphan.
    Out Of Africa Theory is a lie.
    http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...88#post3431588
    And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

Last Online
    03-28-2018 @ 05:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Czarnian
    Politics
    IRON PILL
    Hero
    Diogenes of Sinope
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,011
    Given: 33,403

3 Not allowed!

I blame autism for turning each history, politics, arts, religion and philosophy conversation I have with my girlfriend towards Neanderthals. I do it all the time and when I realize is way too late. I get so excited as Mulder in that Simpsons episode speaking about aliens and ancient civilizations. Good thing she doesn't mind, she actually admires the knowledge I have in some subjects and would sometimes ask me to tell her something about aliens, Neanderthals or whatnot I love her for that.

Last Online
    09-21-2014 @ 12:30 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ugric
    Ethnicity
    Hun
    Country
    Hungary
    Politics
    CommonSense
    Religion
    Direct Reality
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,197
    Given: 3,880

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
    I have always been interested in genetics and stuff, but personally thought I knew all there was to know about my ancestry before my mormon cousin got all nutty looking into things in detail (I guess they all do this for some reason, I forget why). Of course the Irish is cool, and Highland Scots, and East Prussian as well.

However I just thought my paternal grandfather was generic English, and all I knew was he came from Lincoln about a billion years ago when he was very young, and recently learned he was born in Northumbria. English is cool too but not terribly exciting, especially since I was not around him much I don't feel that English. He definitely has no English accent as I thought of it, though.

He was very very roughboned and very large, and had a very long face and humungous long, downward pointing and slightly bulbous nose. Largest head/face I have ever seen, but not ugly, kind of rugly handsome in a very rough way. Intensely blue eyes, very deep set. I had thought maybe he was one of the Roman legionaires or some atypical jew due to the big nose, and have looked all over but not really seen anyone who looks much of anything like him until now.

He'd been in the coastguard back when they used to row boats, and I have some cool pictures of him from back then. My dad is obsesses with Kayacking too. So suddenly everything clicks into place when I click on the thread giving examples of Tronders. Holy moly! I can't tell you how strange the feeling is to have some kind of unknown weird ancestry in your history and have it click into place like that. Not only is he an obvious Tronder, he's like the best example of one I can find, more Tronder than the textbook Tronders.

So since he came out of England, not Norway, I am guessing my paternal ancestors got to England as Vikings. They almost had to have, really. Which I guess is sort of true of most the english, but it just blew my mind somehow.

To me it's kind of a big deal. It changes nothing in my life or who I am, though it explains an awful lot about my and the rest of my family, but I find it extremely interesting. Heck, I even find the stories of random guys I don't know interesting, and trying to puzzle out origins of Kurds or Druze or Black Irish, etc. who are not much to do with me.

However she is just fed up over hearing about it, she didn't care in the least from the start. It just seems like if she really cared, she would be a lot more interested. I saw my mom on Sunday and even she did not seem that excited, but then of course she and my dad divorced a long while ago.

She is extremely beautiful and intelligent Swiss American with nice blonde hair, but she just seems too caught up in her own things. She is also always very caught up in day to day things, but it's not like we are some farm hands living day to day, there's no reason to be obsessed on saving money or becoming A no. 1. She also doesn't want kids and I was hoping to have a few more before I get too old, though I wouldn't want to do it unless it's with the right woman.

Anyone else go through something like this?
    I don't pay any attention to what my g/fs say, I just see boobies and ass, can't even remember their names. Not sure why you pay attention to unimportant stuff!
    A Fanatical Buddhist

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Neanderthal
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Trondelag
    Religion
    Blond Jesus
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
    I blame autism for turning each history, politics, arts, religion and philosophy conversation I have with my girlfriend towards Neanderthals. I do it all the time and when I realize is way too late. I get so excited as Mulder in that Simpsons episode speaking about aliens and ancient civilizations. Good thing she doesn't mind, she actually admires the knowledge I have in some subjects and would sometimes ask me to tell her something about aliens, Neanderthals or whatnot I love her for that.

I have been tempted to start measuring girls' skulls before the first date but I can't think of any good explanation for this.
    And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Neanderthal
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Trondelag
    Religion
    Blond Jesus
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by arcticwolf View Post
    I don't pay any attention to what my g/fs say, I just see boobies and ass, can't even remember their names. Not sure why you pay attention to unimportant stuff!
    pics or GTFO

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread Information