Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Denmark Is The Happiest Nation In The World.

Last Online
    04-23-2024 @ 07:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    @
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 202
    Given: 85

0 Not allowed!

It's likely down to genetics. The average person is depleted living under the modern life. Work and other responsibilities take their toll.

Last Online
    01-29-2017 @ 01:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Illyrian, Thracian
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Politics
    Center-Left
    Hero
    Queen Teuta
    Religion
    Albanism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 818
    Given: 1,697

0 Not allowed!

I still have to see a laughing Dane. True story!

But no, this is not true.

This "Happiness Index"( if that is the one we are talking about) is a conglomerate of standard of living, social benefits, healthcare etc, which in a optimal range imply satisfaction with life and thus happiness.
    But of course that is far from being true, since happiness is a state of mind not easily measured.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Religion
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,420
    Given: 12,533

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sideritis View Post
    I still have to see a laughing Dane. True story!

But no, this is not true.

This "Happiness Index"( if that is the one we are talking about) is a conglomerate of standard of living, social benefits, healthcare etc, which in a optimal range imply satisfaction with life and thus happiness.
    But of course that is far from being true, since happiness is a state of mind not easily measured.
    Security in life = happiness. And that's what Danes have.
    I plaid poker online with many Scandinavians over the years and one thing is noticeable about Scandinavian players besides been brilliant they are universally known to be extremely aggressive and fearless.
    This is because they have their rent and all the benefites paid guaranteed by their go state unlike me that when I go broke I'm literally on the street. And lack of this fear makes them even more successful.

Drunkard of high degree Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    09-09-2022 @ 09:04 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Country
    Denmark
    Taxonomy
    Brünn + Nordid
    Politics
    None
    Hero
    My better half
    Religion
    Nature
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 233
    Given: 84

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sockorer View Post
    Purely environmental explanations do not suffice.

It's probably in part a genetic predisposition, and because of the racial and cultural homogeneity, high trust and high living standards.
    There is more diversity in Denmark than what people think, while we perhaps ethnically are rather homogeneous I feel that there is a bit of a "fairytale" perspective to it all - people actually believe we are such a closed in little country with close relation to our culture. This is far from true, as a matter of fact Danes have always been the people who were going in the melting pot whenever they immigrated - Norwegians and Swedes both had a far harder time letting go of their roots, while we probably did carry some values with us. Generally we are quite open-minded towards other cultures over here, and it has actually only been the conservative movements that have made the way of living harder for us all. The far-right too has caused more issues than good, they have injected us with this false pride of "being Danish" which I find to be laughing stock and nothing else. We have managed to let other cultures benefit our ancient culture, and with that I can also say that many immigrants (Non-whites too) actually love and respect our traditions and norms. You might rather say that our happiness also rests in the fact that we have been such a rebellious country, the early "hippie" movements did benefit us in a time where conservative nutters wanted to sit in the grip of capitalism, this promoted the openness towards sexuality (the sick mentality of many other countries in regards to sexuality does lead to a form of oppression of the topic - this is a big, big issue) and these early 'rebels' also caused the creations of great little collectives that ensured freestates for the people who could not live a normal every day life. Denmark is happy because of tolerance, so don't use us as an example of a "White" europe.

Last Online
    01-29-2017 @ 01:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Illyrian, Thracian
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Politics
    Center-Left
    Hero
    Queen Teuta
    Religion
    Albanism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 818
    Given: 1,697

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    Security in life = happiness. And that's what Danes have.
    I plaid poker online with many Scandinavians over the years and one thing is noticeable about Scandinavian players besides been brilliant they are universally known to be extremely aggressive and fearless.
    This is because they have their rent and all the benefites paid guaranteed by their go state unlike me that when I go broke I'm literally on the street. And lack of this fear makes them even more successful.

We are talking about a classical meaning of happiness, the individual one, not the deduction from statistical datas. As everybody implies it.
    Because according to deductions, Danes are just behind Icelanders on consumption of anti-depressant. Which can make us draw the conclusion that they are not as happy after all, or maybe they are, who knows.
    Anyways, Scandis may be aggressive online, but I assure you that will not be the case in IRL. But I agree, that security in life ( as you put it) at least creates some foundation to lead a fullfiling life. Which is what people are after, in general.
    Last edited by Sideritis; 05-25-2015 at 10:56 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information