Italian (100%)
    Ancestry
    Etruscans and Latins
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Emilia Romagna
    Politics
    Nat.Conservatism, Chauvinism, Irredentism, Militarism, Imperialism, Mediterraneanism, Germanophobe.
    Hero
    Innocenzo III, Matilde di Canossa, Guido da Landriano, Machiavelli, Ettore Tolomei and others...
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,388
    Given: 1,891

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    shitalians are brown. PERIOD
    JEWrman.

OT: Anyway, who cares what Americans think...

I mean look at this High IQ American

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,675
    Given: 29,159

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    Italians were certainly considered non-White when they first began arriving to the US. So were the Irish at first. This isn't hidden, obscure information.
    No they weren't and this is the litmus test from the article I linked previously.

Here are some objective tests as to whether a group was historically considered “white” in the United States: Were members of the group allowed to go to “whites-only” schools in the South, or otherwise partake of the advantages that accrued to whites under Jim Crow? Were they ever segregated in schools by law, anywhere in the United States, such that “whites” went to one school, and the group in question was relegated to another? When laws banned interracial marriage in many states (not just in the South), if a white Anglo-Saxon wanted to marry a member of the group, would that have been against the law? Some labor unions restricted their membership to whites. Did such unions exclude members of the group in question? Were members of the group ever entirely excluded from being able to immigrate to the United States, or face special bans or restrictions in becoming citizens?

Being discriminated against does not mean that people were viewed as non-white. I've always found that claim patently ridiculous. How are you going to know if some 3rd generation Irishman in the US is white or not? All these groups never had any restrictions placed on them like African people did. I'm not sure what agenda people have to be constantly saying untruths about certain groups of people. Many immigrant groups like the Irish had it damn hard but they weren't saddled with the same encumbrances as African people.

And before anyone claims the Irish were slaves again.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/17/u...aves-myth.html

I can't really see the point of people claiming untruths. Let's not rewrite history. I'd love to know the psychology behind some of these claims and I could guess but I think we should be completely factual.

Some of my points are not to you specifically Colonel Frank but I'm just answering them in one post.

As an Irish person I prefer to report factual history because Irish people had it difficult enough without inventing things.

People don't like it but you can't compare how it was for Africans with Europeans. Africans couldn't change their skin colour and were saddled with chattel slavery unlike Europeans. I've been accused of being left wing just for stating facts. I don't have any agenda but just like to dispel some inaccuracies that are constantly regurgitated.

Getting back to the point of this thread Italians and other Europeans were never considered non-white even if they didn't have all the advantages of WASPS. People would have to suspend belief and think that people over 200 years ago couldn't tell the difference between Europeans and Africans.

Veteran Member XenophobicPrussian's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-09-2022 @ 08:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Baltic
    Ethnicity
    50% German, 50% Polish
    Ancestry
    Mostly north-east German, Polish, some Anglo-Canadian/English and Lithuanian.
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1b, I1 or bust
    mtDNA
    H1, H3, U5 or bust
    Taxonomy
    Oberkasselid(depigmented female Australoid)
    Politics
    NW-Euro Theodor Herzlism
    Hero
    I sexually identify as Jared Taylor
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,075
    Given: 1,717

0 Not allowed!

Irish and Italians "assimilating" to American culture has to be the biggest fucking myth in history.

Prominent gun control advocates(gun control is like the most non-American and non-WASPy thing ever)

While I'll give it up to the Italians for being the second most Trump voting bloc(heck, even Staten Island somehow managed to go for Trump) after Germans, there's evidence it's because they liked Trump's brash, loud, Italian style and personality rather than his policies, as Catholics and Italians have been voting Democrat in every other election. Meanwhile, if only white Protestants voted, there would not have been a Democrat government in the entire history of post 1900 USA.

PORCH SITTING, BLUE COLLAR, DIFFERENT ACCENT. NOT ASSIMILATED.

University professors' politics in 1968:

DEPORT
    Last edited by XenophobicPrussian; 04-12-2017 at 12:07 PM.
    The Guanche skulls as a whole are unlike those of modern European Mediterraneans, and resemble northern European series most closely, especially those in which a brachycephalic element is present, as in Burgundian and Alemanni series.
    divided them into clearly differentiated types, which include a Mediterranean, a Nordic, a "Guanche," and an Alpine. The "Guanche" accounts for 50 per cent of the whole on the four islands of Teneriffe, Gomera, Gran Canaria, and Hierro; the Nordic for 31 per cent, the Mediterranean for 13 per cent, and the Alpine
    oldschool anthropology

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,675
    Given: 29,159

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by XenophobicPrussian View Post
    Irish and Italians "assimilating" to American culture has to be the biggest fucking myth in history.

Prominent gun control advocates(gun control is like the most non-American and non-WASPy thing ever)

While I'll give it up to the Italians for being the second most Trump voting bloc(heck, even Staten Island somehow managed to go for Trump) after Germans, there's evidence it's because they liked Trump's brash, loud, Italian style and personality rather than his policies, as Catholics and Italians have been voting Democrat in every other election. Meanwhile, if only white Protestants voted, there would not have been a Democrat government in the entire history of post 1900 USA.

University professors' politics in 1968:

DEPORT
    Some of the people posted might qualify as Irish but the majority of them are mixed Americans and don't just have Irish ancestry. Some have fairly tenuous links to Ireland.

Ben Affleck for example - Ethnicity: English, Irish, German, Scottish, Scots-Irish (Northern Irish), distant Swiss-German, 1/256 French, remote Swedish and Welsh

Seth MacFarlane - Ethnicity: English, Scottish, Irish

George Clooney - Ethnicity: Irish, English, and German, with more distant Scots-Irish (Northern Irish), Scottish, and Welsh, and remote French Huguenot and Dutch

Bill Clinton - Ethnicity: English, as well as Scots-Irish (Northern Irish), Irish, German, Swiss-German, and Scottish, distant French Huguenot

Joe Biden - Ethnicity: .*English, German, Irish (father), *Irish (mother)

Anyway they are as mixed as you XP.

Quality Member
    Last Online
    07-02-2017 @ 10:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    Person of colour
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Arabid/North-Indid intermediate
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,491
    Given: 3,609

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MinervaItalica View Post
    JEWrman.

OT: Anyway, who cares what Americans think...

I mean look at this High IQ American

Looks like an American of Italian or Sicilian ancestry.

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,447
    Given: 12,949

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    No they weren't and this is the litmus test from the article I linked previously.

Here are some objective tests as to whether a group was historically considered “white” in the United States: Were members of the group allowed to go to “whites-only” schools in the South, or otherwise partake of the advantages that accrued to whites under Jim Crow? Were they ever segregated in schools by law, anywhere in the United States, such that “whites” went to one school, and the group in question was relegated to another? When laws banned interracial marriage in many states (not just in the South), if a white Anglo-Saxon wanted to marry a member of the group, would that have been against the law? Some labor unions restricted their membership to whites. Did such unions exclude members of the group in question? Were members of the group ever entirely excluded from being able to immigrate to the United States, or face special bans or restrictions in becoming citizens?

Being discriminated against does not mean that people were viewed as non-white. I've always found that claim patently ridiculous. How are you going to know if some 3rd generation Irishman in the US is white or not? All these groups never had any restrictions placed on them like African people did. I'm not sure what agenda people have to be constantly saying untruths about certain groups of people. Many immigrant groups like the Irish had it damn hard but they weren't saddled with the same encumbrances as African people.

And before anyone claims the Irish were slaves again.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/17/u...aves-myth.html

I can't really see the point of people claiming untruths. Let's not rewrite history. I'd love to know the psychology behind some of these claims and I could guess but I think we should be completely factual.

Some of my points are not to you specifically Colonel Frank but I'm just answering them in one post.

As an Irish person I prefer to report factual history because Irish people had it difficult enough without inventing things.

People don't like it but you can't compare how it was for Africans with Europeans. Africans couldn't change their skin colour and were saddled with chattel slavery unlike Europeans. I've been accused of being left wing just for stating facts. I don't have any agenda but just like to dispel some inaccuracies that are constantly regurgitated.

Getting back to the point of this thread Italians and other Europeans were never considered non-white even if they didn't have all the advantages of WASPS. People would have to suspend belief and think that people over 200 years ago couldn't tell the difference between Europeans and Africans.
    You don't have to be seen as Black to be considered non-White. That's basically the premise of your argument. Under your reasoning the Japanese could be considered White because they don't fall under those interracial marriage laws or were segregated in schools. The infamous Robert McNamara went to school with Whites, Mexicans, and Asians. You''re applying something specific to Black people as a standard when it makes no sense to do so considering you could be non-White (Japanese, Chinese, Native American) and not be restricted in marriage or schooling.

You're not understanding that when the Irish first arrived (no labor unions existed when they arrived and so that point is irrelevant; it didn't exist until generations later when the Irish were well established) they weren't seen as White but after a period of time were so. No one is saying they were always seen as non-White.

Restriction on immigration occurred in 1926. The Irish had a large presence in the US already for 75 years and had already become well established. So that's irrelevant to their early experience.
    Last edited by Colonel Frank Grimes; 04-12-2017 at 03:51 PM.

Last Online
    12-16-2023 @ 12:04 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    caucasian
    Ethnicity
    european
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 545
    Given: 24

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sikeliot View Post
    #1: She is 1/4 North Italian, so she is not a full southern Italian in descent,
    #2: Sicilians look VERY different from Anglo-Irish Americans, and are genetically very far removed from them and barely make it into the European cluster at all.

It is abundantly clear that you know absolutely nothing about any of the things you are talking about, and you really should just hesitate from posting these things before you continue making yourself look more foolish, like that comment about Spanish not being white because of the census. I cannot believe some of the things that you say.
    but the genes involved in skin color and facial aesthetics account only for a very small % of the human genome so Sicilians and Jews are not that different from Anglo-Irish as their entire genetics may suggest.

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,447
    Given: 12,949

0 Not allowed!

The only thing that that matters is if you're restricted from achieving your goals because of your background. This whiteness nonsense is irrelevant except as group identity politics.

Legio I Minervia – Slayer of barbarians
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italic
    Ethnicity
    Italian (100%)
    Ancestry
    Etruscans and Latins
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Emilia Romagna
    Politics
    Nat.Conservatism, Chauvinism, Irredentism, Militarism, Imperialism, Mediterraneanism, Germanophobe.
    Hero
    Innocenzo III, Matilde di Canossa, Guido da Landriano, Machiavelli, Ettore Tolomei and others...
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,388
    Given: 1,891

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by XenophobicPrussian View Post

Spoiler!

lol what's that? Americans...
    Italian Hero

0 Italian in that sandwich

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Country
    United States
    Region
    District of Columbia
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40,072
    Given: 10,740

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by caviezel View Post
    but the genes involved in skin color and facial aesthetics account only for a very small % of the human genome so Sicilians and Jews are not that different from Anglo-Irish as their entire genetics may suggest.

I'm talking about autosomal. On a PCA plot, Sicilians and Jews would probably even be closer to Iraq than to Ireland.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread Information