Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst case of OWD: Nassim Nicholas

Kouros

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    According to this, modern day Syrians are closer to Greeks than to Saudis:

You mean modern day Lebanese? Syrians are about equal it seems. Saudis have a shit ton of SSA which is why they get pulled away from other 'Arab' countries. I don't think they affected the gene pool of modern day Arab countries significantly. I hate this term 'Arab country' or 'Arab' anyways despite not even being MENA myself. Everyone East of Greece is an 'Arab' according to most Americans and Canadians, they are very ignorant here.

I have a Syrian friend and his brother would pass in all southern and eastern European countries.

Son of the Umayyads
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    05-15-2024 @ 03:27 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic-Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Kavkazian(Paternal) Iraqi Bedouin(maternal)
    Ancestry
    Adyghea, Urals, Yemen, Syrian Desert
    Country
    Adyghea
    Region
    New Jersey
    Y-DNA
    T(Adyghean ancestors)
    mtDNA
    J1b(Arabian Bedouin)
    Taxonomy
    Alpinized-Arabid
    Politics
    Arabian peninsula nationalism. Unity our strength division our weakeness
    Hero
    Omar Al-Mukhtar, King Fisal Al-Saud, Queen Mavia, Queen Sheba, Sultan Bin Saif, Abeer Al-Janbai,
    Religion
    Bedouin Animism
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,491
    Given: 13,022

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Keraunos View Post
    You mean modern day Lebanese? Syrians are about equal it seems. Saudis have a shit ton of SSA which is why they get pulled away from other 'Arab' countries
    No, Saudis are not more SSA influenced than most Arab countries, at least not ethnic Saudis. Since the country has different ethnic groups living in it. Saudis cluster with Yemenite Jews and Bedouins. They don't cluster with Syrians because Syrians have different genetic components and one of those is Iranian and Anatolian influence. Iraqi Arabs are very close to Saudis yet they don't have much SSA. Iraqi Arabs are very far from Syrians and are much closer to Bedouins on this map at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Keraunos
    I don't think they affected the gene pool of modern day Arab countries significantly. I hate this term 'Arab country' or 'Arab' anyways despite not even being MENA myself. Everyone East of Greece is an 'Arab' according to most Americans and Canadians, they are very ignorant here.
    North Africa did not get much of an Arabian input, but the Levant actually did, especially certain regions. The term Arab refers to anyone speaking Arabic or has some cultural elements. Arabian is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Keraunos
    I have a Syrian friend and his brother would pass in all southern and eastern European countries.
    Genetically he still different from them. The fairest Levantine would autosomally be no different to the darkest Levantine. McCree900 is pretty fair and can pass in Europe, yet he is closer to me genetically than he is to any European, despite our difference in phenotype.
    My genetic results
    1 50% Azeri_Dagestan +50% BedouinA @ 2.879975

One nation and one destiny

Banned
    Last Online
    04-28-2024 @ 11:14 AM
    Ethnicity
    Alevi Kurdish
    Ancestry
    Tunceli/Dersim - Turkey
    Country
    Samoa
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    something with E
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Med + Taurid (The Blade , Cybernautic , Eggyolk, Pribislav ,Commonsense,Kimbo)
    Politics
    ***! SALUTE TO THE WEST ASIAN RACE ! ***
    Hero
    my mom and siblings
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29,518
    Given: 15,680

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBedouin View Post

Genetically he still different from them. The fairest Levantine would autosomally be no different to the darkest Levantine. McCree900 is pretty fair and can pass in Europe, yet he is closer to me genetically than he is to any European, despite our difference in phenotype.
    McCrees results are more similar to mine than they are to peninsular arabians if I remember right

and you are half north caucasian dont forget that so your autosomal results are not to taken as an example of saudis especially not since your arab ancestry is not even from saudi arabia but iraq

but I agree that saudis dont get much ssa . but if I remember right a decent amount of northeast/east african either way . I would need to check

Son of the Umayyads
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic-Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Adyghea
    Region
    New Jersey
    Y-DNA
    T(Adyghean ancestors)
    mtDNA
    J1b(Arabian Bedouin)
    Taxonomy
    Alpinized-Arabid
    Politics
    Hero
    Omar Al-Mukhtar, King Fisal Al-Saud, Queen Mavia, Queen Sheba, Sultan Bin Saif, Abeer Al-Janbai,
    Religion
    Bedouin Animism
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hadouken View Post
    McCrees results are more similar to mine than they are to peninsular arabians if I remember right
    McCree results seem to be very Levantine, he scores some Arabian and Egyptian admix but yes. He is still closer to people of the Mideast than most Europeans though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadouken
    and you are half north caucasian dont forget that so your autosomal results are not to taken as an example of saudis especially not since your arab ancestry is not even from saudi arabia but iraq
    I never said my results are close to the people of the Arabian pen. Yes my Arabian ancestry from Iraq but it does go to Northern Saudi Arabia.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadouken
    but I agree that saudis dont get much ssa . but if I remember right a decent amount of northeast/east african either way . I would need to check
    Yep I posted results of ethnic Saudis they are not more SSA than other Arab nations. Yes they have some north/east African ancestry like all Semitic people do. Ethnic Saudis cluster with Yemenite Jews, Bedouins, and southern Iraqis. Somehow they keep on getting misrepresented because people want to whitewash levantines
    My genetic results

Last Online
    Today @ 04:22 AM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Country
    Turkey
    Region
    Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,956
    Given: 2,968

0 Not allowed!

Arab world is large and diverse and it's not about race but language and culture. Only peninsular Arabs can be considered true arabs yet they don't make the majority of arab world. Lebanese people are not the least arabs among arabs. It would be Maghrebis i think. I find it understandable that Lebanese Christians wants to seperate themselves from Arabs since they lack the most important thing (islam) that holds arab world tight. Muslim arabs are proud to be Arabs since Islam was founded by Arabs, it's the opposite for Christian Arabs i think.
    Last edited by Marmara; 11-17-2017 at 05:18 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-28-2024 @ 11:14 AM
    Ethnicity
    Alevi Kurdish
    Ancestry
    Tunceli/Dersim - Turkey
    Country
    Samoa
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    something with E
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Med + Taurid (The Blade , Cybernautic , Eggyolk, Pribislav ,Commonsense,Kimbo)
    Politics
    ***! SALUTE TO THE WEST ASIAN RACE ! ***
    Hero
    my mom and siblings
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29,518
    Given: 15,680

1 Not allowed!

Le-Bedouin in case you dont have saudi kit numbers and are curious about their results here a saudi person

yurojeans k13

Spoiler!

püntdna el k13 gulobal

Spoiler!

Oirasia K9 Asü

Spoiler!

püntdna el k15

Spoiler!

Son of the Umayyads
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic-Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Adyghea
    Region
    New Jersey
    Y-DNA
    T(Adyghean ancestors)
    mtDNA
    J1b(Arabian Bedouin)
    Taxonomy
    Alpinized-Arabid
    Politics
    Hero
    Religion
    Bedouin Animism
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Marmara View Post
    Arab world is large and diverse and it's not about race but language and culture. Only Gulf Arabs can be considered true arabs yet they don't make the majority of arab world. Lebanese people are not the least arabs among arabs. It would be Maghrebis i think. I find it understandable that Lebanese Christians wants to seperate themselves from Arabs since they lack the most important thing (islam) that holds arab world tight. Muslim arabs are proud to be Arabs since Islam was founded by Arabs, it's the opposite for Christian Arabs i think.
    Correct Morrocans are the least Arabian influenced people genetically and culturally. Their dialect is mostly Berber rather than Arabic and most Arabic speakers don't understand them. As for Gulf Arabs not everyone residing in the Gulf is of Arab ancestry, some are of Persian, Baluchi, African and Indian ancestry, however the Arabian tribes are indeed true Arabians. Also the term Gulf Arab is a misnomer because it refers to Eastern Arabia and not interior of Arabian peninsula where the majority of ethnic Arabians live. Basically you got it right. Lebanese Christians want to form their own identity, well most Muslim Arabs are proud to have Arabian culture even if they are not ethnically Arabian due to the influence of Islam. That said some Arab Christians are also of Bedouin stock a small minority, they don't bs like this. They even wear the same attire, the difference seems to be in body type for some reason they are more robust their Muslim counterparts, they exist in Jordan and some ethnic southern Iraqi Arabs are also Christian. I share with one on 23andme and seen his gedmatch result this Jordanian Bedouin christian clusters with Saudis and Yemenite Jews. Southern Iraqis cluster with Saudis regardless of religious or sectarian affiliation, with few outliers of course.
    My genetic results

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,606
    Given: 13,002

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
    There are at least 4 since 2016. I can link them if you want.
    Please do so. I'm sure your googling ability is far superior to my own.

This was said in May of 2016.

However, the researchers note that studies of the ancient DNA of Phoenicians are ongoing, and expect to make further progress in unraveling this genetic mystery.
    https://www.csmonitor.com/Science/20...uman-migration
    Maybe you're confused or think haplogroups are the same as genetic sequencing.

Last Online
    09-13-2020 @ 07:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Levantine/Anglo-Celtic
    Ancestry
    Lebanese, English, distant Scottish
    Country
    Vatican City
    Taxonomy
    Med
    Religion
    Catholicism
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,358
    Given: 1,146

0 Not allowed!

I always heard that Lebanese, especially Christians, were not Arab. My mum doesn't call herself Arab, she'll just say Lebanese. Phoenician heritage is definitely acknowledged more. I see Arab as more of a cultural and linguistic thing though...like the way Hispanic is. I have friends from mexico who are native american, but call themselves latino/hispanic because their country is spanish speaking.

Since I speak Arabic I don't have a problem being called Arab, even though I know the majority of my genetic makeup is not Arab.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Colonial Virginia + Central and Eastern Europe
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Mississippi
    Politics
    Nullifier
    Hero
    John C. Calhoun
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21,159
    Given: 11,142

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Marmara View Post
    Only Gulf Arabs can be considered true arabs.
    Not only gulf Arabs but peninsular Arabs in general.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information