Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two patients die from starvation or thirst each day in UK hospitals and care homes

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,551
    Given: 27,895

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by adsız View Post
    "Malnutrition or dehydration were mentioned on the death certificates of 726 patients who died in hospital in 2015 – and of 130 more who passed away in care homes."

826 in a year is too many. Even one dieing from starvation is too many for such a country like England. If it is true that your government is that much despreate to supply enough food/water for patients, it can ask for food and water from other countries. I am sure no country will reject helping.
    You're just trolling. (I've seen your numerous anglophobic posts in the past.)

The solution is simple: stop the current UK government from funding refugees and giving £billions of UK taxmoney each year to help other nations. UK taxmoney should be spent on helping British people first and on funding the NHS.

Staff shortages are another problem with the underfunded NHS.

Some elderly people have problems with eating and swallowing. (I know because as a teenager when I still lived in the countryside, I used to work part-time as a care assistant in elderly peoples homes ... and spoon-feeding some of the patients would take a long time and required a lot of patience... as some very elderly people struggled to open their mouths and swallow even a small teaspoon of food.)

It took me 30-45 minutes sometimes just to gently spoon-feed an elderly and extremely frail poor lady with a small bowl of warm soup, as she wouldn't open her mouth much.

I'd patiently take my time with feeding her... as most times whenever I lifted the spoon to her mouth - she wouldn't open her mouth. I'd talk very gently to her and she'd smile and quietly say 'thank you dear' to me after she'd successfully swallowed each spoonful of soup... which was really sweet of her to say 'thank you dear' after swallowing each spoonful. I remember her name was Lily and she was so thin and quiet and frail, with a thin layer of white hair on her head that reminded me of an angelical halo on her head.

But the more experienced and older care assistants (who were in their twenties at the time) would sometimes get a bit annoyed and they'd impatiently tell me that I was taking too long with feeding Lily.... and one of them would snatch the bowl of soup from my hands and she'd start quickly ramming large spoonfuls of food into Lily's mouth, and she shouted impatiently at her and she'd tell me that Lily was 'misbehaving' and 'playing-up' by not opening her mouth during mealtimes... and I'd see tears in her eyes when they shoved the food quickly into her mouth, and I felt very sad for her as I know she liked to take her time with being spoon-fed meals.

I'm surprised they took me on as a p/t care assistant as I didn't have any qualifications related to the industry, nor any experience... they didn't even ask for references or background checks, which I found a bit shocking.... but I just happened to live locally and was looking for some spare work after secondary school, and the manager briefly interviewed me and was eager for some extra help for low pay outside of my school hours as I was 16 at the time.

They didn't pay me much and I felt a bit used by the more experienced and adult staff.

I'd visit the place voluntarily for a few hours outside of my work hours there sometimes - just to sit and play board games with the patients or to play on the piano in the living room area of the care home to the patients... just friendly unpaid visits that I'd make sometimes to the care home outside of my work hours.

Another time I volunteered outside of my work hours to help to take the elderly people out to a countryside cafe in a mobility van. I didn't drive it, but I helped to feed the patients in a pretty little countryside cafe and helped to clean-up their vomit when some of them started vomiting a lot in the cafe.

An elderly man with serious mental health problems would try to attack the care assistants by pinching people hard with his fingers, and throwing things at people, and making scary screeching noises whenever people went into his room to gently lift him together and bathe him, and to give him his medications, comfort and talk to him, feed him, help him with the toilet, change his clothing and bedding and bed-pads, etc, as he used to wet his bed and clothing a lot and it smelt very bad. His skin was very flaky and there used to be a load of dead skin cells each evening all over his clothes and bedding that we had to clean.

It's very sad seeing some of the very weak and elderly people in care homes, but it also makes you appreciate being healthy and living each day of your life. Everyone needs someone to help and take care of them at some point in life though, and giving some of your spare time to help try to make their lives as comfortable and pleasant as possible is a nice feeling too.

Also, I agree with the UKIP political party that health tourists who've never contributed any tax-funding to our nation should be prevented from being able to abuse the UK's free healthcare system.

I'd be more concerned about obesity in the UK being the larger problem. This certainly isn't a nation where famine is a concern - like you're ridiculously trying to portray and imply by sarcastically stating that other nations should donate food and water to the UK. Obese peoples healthcare costs UK taxpayers £millions each year - and costs more money than the amount spent on funding our police and fire services combined.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 01-13-2018 at 09:31 AM. Reason: typo
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Judane
    Ancestry
    Jewish and Danish
    Country
    Denmark
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,891
    Given: 1,678

0 Not allowed!

Having worked in one, I would never put a loved one in a nursing home.
    Spoiler!

Banned
    Last Online
    01-14-2018 @ 11:17 AM
    Ethnicity
    Oroqen
    Country
    European Union
    Taxonomy
    Cro-Magnon
    Politics
    VHEMT
    Hero
    Zhirinovsky
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 370
    Given: 151

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post

The solution is simple: stop the current UK government from funding refugees and giving £billions of UK taxmoney each year to help other nations. UK taxmoney should be spent on helping British people first and on funding the NHS.

Also stop health tourists who don't pay any taxmoney from abusing the free healthcare system.

I'd be more concerned about obesity than starvation in the UK. This isn't a nation where famine is a concern. Obese people's healthcare costs UK taxpayers £millions each year - and more money than the amount spent on funding our police and fire services combined.
    Which UK party do you think is most suited to realise these goals?

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by spik View Post
    Which UK party do you think is most suited to realise these goals?
    UKIP. (UK Independence Party.)

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    11-18-2019 @ 03:00 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turk
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 998
    Given: 821

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post

Some elderly people have problems with eating and swallowing. (I know because as a teenager I used to work part-time as a care assistant in elderly peoples homes ... and spoon-feeding some of the patients would take a long time and required a lot of patience... as some very elderly people struggled to open their mouths and swallow even a small teaspoon of food.)

(It took me 30 minutes sometimes just to gently spoon feed an elderly lady with half a bowl of soup as she often wouldn't open her mouth much. Another elderly patient with dementia would try to attack the care assistants when we went into his room to bathe him, give him his medications, feed him, help him with the toilet, change his clothing and bedding, etc, as he used to wet his bed a lot.)

Also stop health tourists who don't pay any taxmoney from abusing the free healthcare system.

I'd be more concerned about obesity in the UK. This certainly isn't a nation where famine is a concern - like you're ridiculously trying to portray and imply. Obese peoples healthcare costs UK taxpayers £millions each year - and costs more money than the amount spent on funding our police and fire services combined.
    there were an estimated 123,000 refugees in the UK in 2015. That’s around 0.2% of the population.
    England has only 123,000 refugees while Turkey has more than 3,000,000. Yet i have never heard anyone died from starvation in the hospitals. So it is not an excuse..

I can understand some elder people have eating problems but it would still not justify the death of 826 a year from hunger/thirst. It also has nothing to do with the low fund for food/water.

Am i trolling? You could think so. But i am just talking realities.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    British
    Ancestry
    English
    Country
    England
    Region
    Stockholm
    Taxonomy
    Anglo-Saxon (+Keltid)
    Hero
    Konfektyr Gud
    Religion
    There's this cross & a book
    Relationship Status
    It's complicated
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 320
    Given: 180

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by adsız View Post
    Am i trolling? You could think so. But i am just talking realities.
    The healthcare coverage in Turkey does one have to be resident or a citizen? To what degree are expenses covered by the government? And, how 'easy' is your welfare system? Aside from potential cultural issues there are 'refugees' who will apply & reapply for refugee status ignoring countries with hard-to-get-onto welfare systems.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-05-2021 @ 05:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    Boolgar
    Country
    European Union
    Y-DNA
    I2a1a2b (I-L621)
    mtDNA
    H3
    Taxonomy
    Paleo Atlantid (actually Dinarid + Westbaltid parents)
    Hero
    Database error
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,773
    Given: 1,799

0 Not allowed!

When you used to colonize a third of the world but now the third world is colonizing you

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Linebacker View Post
    When you used to colonize a third of the world but now the third world is colonizing you
    The colonists are the people who left Europe.

My relatives never left this island to colonise other nations... we're natives who stayed at home on our island.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    11-18-2019 @ 03:00 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turk
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 998
    Given: 821

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SvartVarg View Post
    The healthcare coverage in Turkey does one have to be resident or a citizen? To what degree are expenses covered by the government? And, how 'easy' is your welfare system? .
    The health care in Turkey is "almost" free for citizens. For refugees, it is 100% free.

The poor without a regular job who have not sufficient income get social welfare.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information