Catholic
    Relationship Status
    InfamousAngel99´s husband
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 837
    Given: 258

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Selurong View Post
    The Virgin Mary isn't a God, neither does Our Lady of Guadalupe claim to be a God or Our Lady of Guidance to be a God either, they're simply Catholic Marian titles which were originally native. There is no violation of Monotheism. There is one God.
    You can add that saints can´t do miracles. Only God. Some catholics claim miracles to the saints but that is wrong. La Virgen de Guadalupe is a great example of this failure. If a human do something supernatural or is thanks to God or fallen angels.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-20-2019 @ 06:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Voodoo
    Ethnicity
    Anthropofagist + Ifá Practitioner
    Ancestry
    Jumanji
    Country
    Haiti
    Region
    Estado de Durango
    Y-DNA
    I1
    Taxonomy
    Bantuid + some Veddoid (1/128) + Kaffirid (1/555)
    Politics
    Papa Doc
    Hero
    Idi Amin + Kmack
    Religion
    Voodoo
    Relationship Status
    I killed my 4 wives
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,379
    Given: 3,032

1 Not allowed!

Coool story brah I would love to live in your magical world where I can go to another land and rename it and then it somehow magically changes the substance of the place.

I have a pet rock which I named after my love interest Rihanna, I can now make love to her because the rock magically transformed to what I think it should be because I called it by another name.

LOL

Brazil was basically a giant land inhabited by thousands of different tribes from which most modern Brazilians have very small percentage of ancestry if any at all. Blaming us for ''leaving Brazilian gods'' is almost like blaming modern Australians for leaving Aboriginal gods lol. If anything Brazil should have a mix of European and African pagan traditions if Brazilians were going to search for a pre-Christian religion.

Which part of the story you don't understand? I know Philippinos are not quite smart, but it's not that hard to figure out.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-19-2024 @ 01:06 PM
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    The largest BBC in the TA but you can't suck it because I made a vow of celibacy. Chastity is sexy!
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    DN8, Carlito's Way, The Lawspeaker, Toppo900, Teutone and KuriousKatKommittee!
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Repentant of my former man-whoreness. But you like it if naughty?! Ooh let me spank you my sinner!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,721
    Given: 6,335

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bolsonaro2018 View Post
    Universal in the sense they were not restrict to an ethnicity as jews used to be. Catholics from Haiti are voodoo exercisers, calling them catholics for universal purposes is the same as calling protestants as catholics imo. It is already paganism, has nothing to do with catholicism.

If I were catholic in such scenario I'd be worried with marian apparitions predictions. After II Vatican Council the things has been changed among catholics, I mean, they kinda lost its identity after that reform.
    Vatican II is only a reform but Christ himself promised his church shall last forever and hell shall never prevail against her.

Matthew 16:18

And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

The Vodoo exercisers never rebelled against the church they just incorporated their native African Fetishist beliefs under a Catholic paradigm. Protestants actively rebelled against the Universal Church. I agree that some facets of Vodoo is Satanic but don't throw the whole basket of food just because a portion of it is rotten.

Also, Christ wants the respect and tribute of all races and languages and nationalities INCLUDING THEIR UNIQUENESS.

Revelation 7:9

A Great Multitude from Every Nation

9 After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands,

God wants us to protect and develop the diversities of our nations not destroy it.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    The largest BBC in the TA but you can't suck it because I made a vow of celibacy. Chastity is sexy!
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Repentant of my former man-whoreness. But you like it if naughty?! Ooh let me spank you my sinner!
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CostaRicaBall View Post
    You can add that saints can´t do miracles. Only God. Some catholics claim miracles to the saints but that is wrong. La Virgen de Guadalupe is a great example of this failure. If a human do something supernatural or is thanks to God or fallen angels.
    The saints never claimed to be independent of God. When the Virgin Mary revealed herself to the Aztecs she always showed herself a humble servant on God.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    You are the living contradiction here, Roman Catholic Filipino.
    There's no contradiction. Catholic means "Universal" in Greek right? And the Filipino language is the most diverse linguistically in the world, we're living and breathing the word "Catholic".

Our everday vocabulary is taken from 6 Language families across the whole world. If there such as a Catholic language it would be Filipino.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:42 PM
    Ethnicity
    Andean highlander
    Country
    Bolivia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,333
    Given: 2,699

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rato de Esgoto View Post
    ''Brazilian gods'' never existed actually because there was no Brazil before white Europeans came here and created it.
    In fact Endovelicus is more 'native' to actual Brazilians than indigenous gods like Tupă and Guaraci are.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Voodoo
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Jumanji
    Country
    Haiti
    Region
    Estado de Durango
    Y-DNA
    I1
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Papa Doc
    Hero
    Idi Amin + Kmack
    Religion
    Voodoo
    Relationship Status
    I killed my 4 wives
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    In fact Endovelicus is more 'native' to actual Brazilians than indigenous gods like Tupă and Guaraci are.
    Yeah, but then we have the contradiction of living in a totally different land compared to where our ancestors were living and pagan traditions are deeply attached to nature and to the land, even the seasons here are the opposite of the ones in Europe. That's why I think if any ''pagan reconstrucionism'' was to happen in Brazil we would need to take these native Gods into consideration, even if our ancestors never worshipped them.

Brazilians are basically exiles in that sense, we have no physical day to day relation with the lands, forests and mountains in which our ancestors dwelled.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rato de Esgoto View Post
    LOL

Brazil was basically a giant land inhabited by thousands of different tribes from which most modern Brazilians have very small percentage of ancestry if any at all. Blaming us for ''leaving Brazilian gods'' is almost like blaming modern Australians for leaving Aboriginal gods lol. If anything Brazil should have a mix of European and African pagan traditions if Brazilians were going to search for a pre-Christian religion.

Which part of the story you don't understand? I know Philippinos are not quite smart, but it's not that hard to figure out.
    Almost half of Brazil is Pardo descent which is mixed with African, Indigenous and European. Almost 50% of Brazil still has Native descent albeit partially. Whereas in Australia most Australians are not mixed and have no native descent and they come from White migrants.

Also it's funny how you called Filipinos dumb and then actually misspelled the term "Filipino". Hehehehehe.

And stop calling us dumb, Brazilian and Filipino IQ is almost the same, if you're calling us dumb then you're insulting yourself since we have the same IQ level.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Voodoo
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Jumanji
    Country
    Haiti
    Region
    Estado de Durango
    Y-DNA
    I1
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Papa Doc
    Hero
    Idi Amin + Kmack
    Religion
    Voodoo
    Relationship Status
    I killed my 4 wives
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Almost half of Brazil is Pardo descent which is mixed with African, Indigenous and European. Almost 50% of Brazil still has Native descent albeit partially. Whereas in Australia most Australians are not mixed and have no native descent and they come from White migrants.
    ''Pardo'' means nothing, it's a fake term invented by Brazilian government. Most Brazilians who declare themselves ''pardos'' have only around 10% Native American descent, the rest is 70% European and 20% African. Considering the other half of Brazilians, the ones who self-identify as ''whites'', have at most 5-7% of native ancestry on average Brazilians are probably among the least native admixed New Worlders.

Ok, if you want I can give a better comparison: Boers. Most of them are slightly admixed with residual African, Southeast Asian and Indian, but still are overwhelmingly white. Claiming they abandoned ''African gods'' would be completely ridiculous.

Malarxist-Bidenist
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-03-2022 @ 06:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Northwestern European-American
    Ancestry
    Great Britain (early 17th c.), Ireland (19th c.), Elsaß Germany (19th c.)
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Illinois
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Atlantic
    Politics
    Wählt Sozialdemokratisch! 🌹
    Hero
    Aldous Huxley
    Religion
    Hindu - Shakta (शाक्तं)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,782
    Given: 5,353

0 Not allowed!

Catholicism actually allowed Native influence and had roots with indigenous people they encountered. Whereas Protestantism is pure Anglo propaganda and they even sought to erase and destroy the native gods they encountered in the USA and Australia vs Catholicism which preserved the native gods.
    I will refrain from a treatment of "pagan" influence on Catholicism, but in reference to your statement that Catholicism preserved native gods, this is erroneous. Preserving the statues, symbols, and traditions is better than destroying them wholesale as the Protestants have done, yes, but in assimilating these things, the Catholic Church has extirpated their original significance. A goddess assimilated as an aspect of the Blessed Virgin is no longer a goddess. There can only be one god in Catholicism, the Abrahamic god. Most Catholics and Catholic priests would consider anyone a damnable heretic who regarded anything other than the Christian god as a deity. Furthermore, it is considered a grievous error to elevate the Blessed Virgin to the status of a goddess. At least when Buddhism spread and assimilated native gods throughout Asia, a Buddhist who reveres these beings as gods is not considered damnable or in error. A Buddhist deity, assimilated from outside or not, may be called a Bodhisattva or a god, according to the devotee's wish. It is not considered damnable or a grievous error to use the terms interchangeably.

I believe that if any of the other mystery religions had become the official state religion of the Roman empire (Isis, Mithras, Magna Mater, Sol Invictus, Dea Syria, Serapis, etc.), the old gods would have been preserved and fared much better in the mystery religion's cosmology.

Only butthurted clowns minuses my posts. -- Лиссиы

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread Information