Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are people from Balkan so overrepresented on this forum?

Last Online
    04-21-2024 @ 04:45 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Bulgar
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Ancestry
    Byzantine + Scythian (5.528) Seleucid + Scythian (5.695) Seleucid + Gaul (7.389) Byzantine + Gaul
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Y-DNA
    E-FTD7860 / maternal grandparents I-p37, J-M172
    mtDNA
    J1c-C16261T
    Taxonomy
    Beautiful
    Religion
    Orthodoxy Christianity
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,896
    Given: 1,003

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by IrisSelene View Post
    Yeah that's what surprised me lol how I keep getting Moldova when I'm actually from the other side, you're right... And I think the Bulgarian side is drawing me south too, since I'm also more southern than expected.

And yeah it was nice getting confirmed that I do have Croatian ancestry.

Though I do get Ukraine, Poland which make no sense at all.

Enviado desde mi CLT-L09 mediante Tapatalk
    How much is Bulgarian? Do not be astonished by Moldova and Ukraine, in historical terms, a huge amount of the Bulgarian population has been exported in the direction of Wallachia, Moldova and Ukraine, as well as in the direction of Austro-Hungary. All this for a period of 400 years from the 15th to the mid-19th century

Last Online
    Today @ 04:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Zoomer
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,300
    Given: 9,873

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Feiichy View Post
    I think he is Tomasso/Bisagul from the start ....<3
    Exactly he's, the most pathetic user of all time. He was hungarian ultra nationalist and now he insult his own nation with sock accounts. This guy is a lunatic troll with many different identity, i have never seen such pathetic person. I hope he will be banned again...

Banned
    Last Online
    04-10-2021 @ 08:05 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,951
    Given: 5,518

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vožd View Post
    thats why i will vote against Serbia's accession to the European Union when time comes (if ever come lol).
    It's better to choose EU and then stick with eastern block to reform it.

I don't understand in what land of dreams you people live in when think Serbia can be economically independent and differ from other countries of region who are all in EU. Should I mention difference in salaries among Serbia and other eastern EU countries? And when they started to differ?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-21-2023 @ 06:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    French
    Ancestry
    France, Italy, Switzerland
    Country
    France
    Region
    Val d'Aosta
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,343
    Given: 3,478

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lawspeaker View Post
    It's those who are the most insignificant who scream the loudest. That sums up the Balkans.
    It's a real disrespect towards the Balkans, it's that type of mentality that UE bureaucrats had when they forced Greece to kill himself with fanatic austerity policies.

This may sums up the Balkans but surely one comment won't be enough to sum up the stupidity of your idea.

"Allobroges vaillants ! Dans vos vertes campagnes,
    Accordez-moi toujours asile et sûreté,
    Car j'aime à respirer l'air pur de vos montagnes,
    Je suis la Liberté ! la Liberté !"

Banned
    Last Online
    03-05-2020 @ 01:19 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Scandinavian, West African, North and East African, Southern European, Native Brazilian, East Asian.
    Ethnicity
    Swedish/Brazilian
    Ancestry
    61% European, 27% Nigerian/Kenyan, 8% North African, 4% Native Brazilian.
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Stockholm
    Relationship Status
    In an open relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,178
    Given: 3,082

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Feiichy View Post
    I think it's the opposite. Life is easier in the west, everything is much better organised and you know what to expect.
    I notice big difference in stress levels already between Hungary and Croatia (much less in Hungary), not to mention place like Germany where I lived.

You don't need to do much more than work and abide laws, your salary will arrive at end of month and there won't be suprises generally.
    Here people are expecting to get laid off all the time and it's huge struggle to get paid for your work. Some people work months without payment.

Because of economic lack of safety people are agressive and you may get into fight easily, in public transport for example.
    Everyone is very stressed out worrying will they be able to pay bills and repay loans.

Laws are changing all the time and you don't know how to act because often you prepare for one situation and that you find out they changed things totally.

This is Croatia, significantly better place to live than much of Balkans. Now imagine situation in Bosnia or Kosovo...
    I think the West is more stressful for a lot of people. Everything is really expensive here, so if you live paycheck to paycheck in the West and lose your job, you are in for a tough ride in your life. Educational criteria is harder as well, so kids and teenagers live more stressful lives than people in the Second/Third World. I do agree that poor people in poor countries tend to be more stressed out though, but other classes? Nah.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Panther View Post
    I think the West is more stressful for a lot of people. Everything is really expensive here, so if you live paycheck to paycheck in the West and lose your job, you are in for a tough ride in your life. Educational criteria is harder as well, so kids and teenagers live more stressful lives than people in the Second/Third World. I do agree that poor people in poor countries tend to be more stressed out though, but other classes? Nah.
    Schools here are very hard. In all ex commie countries.
    My mother is lawyer with own office and my father mechanical engineer and they are barely able to pay all their expenses at months end.

Taxation is huge (thats even more pronounced in Sweden alright) because entire parasitic public sector with much more employees than is needed lives off and leaches from few productive free professionals like my mom.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-10-2021 @ 08:05 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,951
    Given: 5,518

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Panther View Post
    In your country if you lose job you won't die hungry, you will get government help enough to survive, in my country if you lose job you actually may die hungry. You may get like 50 euros/month help which is not enough just for food. Even that 50 euros you may get only after probably few months of proving to government you don't have job or other source of income. Westerners are too much soft...

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Moje ime View Post
    In your country if you lose job you won't die hungry, you will get government help enough to survive, in my country if you lose job you actually may die hungry. You may get like 50 euros/month help which is not enough just for food. Even that 50 euros you may get only after probably few months of proving to government you don't have job or other source of income. Westerners are too much soft...
    Not only, here pensioners who worked hard all their life dig trough trash bins searching for bottles they can return for change. Their pension is too little to survive.

I see them every day. Some of them have University degrees and worked as teachers for 40 years.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-15-2020 @ 07:00 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York City
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 670
    Given: 688

0 Not allowed!

Lol. Theres practically a war on homeless people in some western countries. Hell, even recent immigrants are more likely to get welfare than Americans for instance. In Oregon they started putting up spikes in homeless sleeping areas. They're trying to even close shelters and fine homeless people for sleeping outside(as if they have money or anywhere to go). You obviously don't know what a shit hole most of the West is starting to become. I don't see them being far from most of the struggling world in the coming decades.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Pannonia
    Country
    Serbia
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,424
    Given: 1,640

0 Not allowed!

It's better to choose EU and then stick with eastern block to reform it.

I don't understand in what land of dreams you people live in when think Serbia can be economically independent and differ from other countries of region who are all in EU. Should I mention difference in salaries among Serbia and other eastern EU countries? And when they started to differ?
    Salaries are greater also because these countries have lack of workers (after massive migrations in western EU). I also noticed in Serbia drasticaly increaseing of salaries in some spheres like construction.

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread Information