Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Are some Latinos the least ethnocentric of people's/tend to self-hatred?(Serious Discussion)

Banned
    Last Online
    05-30-2020 @ 09:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Mutt
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Region
    Catalunya
    Politics
    Right Wing Nationalism
    Hero
    Augusto Pinochet
    Religion
    Catholic
    Relationship Status
    InfamousAngel99´s husband
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 837
    Given: 258

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by luc2112 View Post
    Europeans come from an ancient Christian culture, do not think that Amerindians and especially Africans would absorb it quickly.
    Decent euro are more familiar and traditional.
    yes, for that reason Hernan Cortes destroy the Aztec capital instead share the Gospel. Very bad, thats against the new Testament that dont allow to obligate people, only old testament allow to do that AND only to the chosen people when pagans from places around Israel cant control themselves.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Mutt
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Region
    Catalunya
    Politics
    Right Wing Nationalism
    Hero
    Augusto Pinochet
    Religion
    Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    I am not sure about Amerindians, but I'm sure you'll find that Blacks have a higher rate of religiosity than Whites do. (At least that is the case in the USA).
    They dont practice chirstianity right. High birth rates outside marriage and high murder rate talks by itselfs.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 06:16 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,442
    Given: 43,925

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CostaRicaBall View Post
    They dont practice chirstianity right. High birth rates outside marriage and high murder rate talk by himself.
    But they are even more likely than Whites to believe in God, Jesus, miracles and go to church regularly.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European American
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Alpine+Dinaric
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,470
    Given: 1,020

0 Not allowed!

There is a huge variance from culture to culture. When you say "white" I don't know if you mean by Anglo-American standards or blanco(a) by Latin American standards. There seems to be huge pride in country when you are talking about Latin Americans which is similar to what you used to see in Europe. I see no self hatred at all. Plenty of self reflection though. For example I know about the "mono" vs "gallina" rivalry between Ecuador and Peru.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Mutt
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Region
    Catalunya
    Politics
    Right Wing Nationalism
    Hero
    Augusto Pinochet
    Religion
    Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

But they are even more likely than Whites to believe in God, Jesus, miracles and go to church regularly.
    christianity is not only about believe. Its about practice, even many of those whites are more agnostic than christians. That its ok, its a personal decision; but practice and habits are important. My point is that many of those blacks are fake christians like "samaritans were fake jews(despite the bloodline)".

Last Online
    Today @ 06:20 PM
    Ethnicity
    America Southern Cone
    Ancestry
    portuguese, italian, german
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Parana
    Politics
    One that works
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,781
    Given: 208

0 Not allowed!

I am not sure about Amerindians, but I'm sure you'll find that Blacks have a higher rate of religiosity than Whites do. (At least that is the case in the USA).
    The rates of single mothers among Afro-Americans is 74%. White Americans still marry (although separation number is high today).

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Mutt
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Region
    Catalunya
    Politics
    Right Wing Nationalism
    Hero
    Augusto Pinochet
    Religion
    Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Giving a supreme answer to the thread. Most latinos are mongrels and feels close to the powerful group that they came from. Many mexicans are MEXICAN ethnocentrists because descend from the most powerful empires of the races that they came from(Spanish and Aztec Empire) same with peruvians(feels proud to came mainly from Incas). The rest of latinos(those which black and unworthy amerindian components) arent ethnocentrist because only one group is the most relevant. Exceptions would be Argentina, Southeast/southern Brazil and Uruguay in which ethnic european diversity is more important. So I suppose that some of them would be ethno-centrist with the most important(or relevant) component of their european bloodline. Some will be italian-centrist(main component or greatest empire), others hispanic-centrists(main component or great empire), other anglo-centrist(main component or industrial revolution) and others germanic-centrist(main component or great empires) or only to feel special. More than self-hate is afinity even if they have nothing alike of what they came from(racially or even cultural).

Last Online
    Today @ 06:20 PM
    Ethnicity
    America Southern Cone
    Ancestry
    portuguese, italian, german
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Parana
    Politics
    One that works
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,781
    Given: 208

0 Not allowed!

Giving a supreme answer to the thread. Most latinos are mongrels and feels close to the powerful group that they came from. Many mexicans are MEXICAN ethnocentrists
    It seems to be related to its low acceptance in the USA.

Exceptions would be Argentina, Southeast/southern Brazil and Uruguay in which ethnic european diversity is more important. So I suppose that some of them would be ethno-centrist with the most important(or relevant) component of their european bloodline. Some will be italian-centrist(main component or greatest empire), others hispanic-centrists(main component or great empire), other anglo-centrist(main component or industrial revolution) and others germanic-centrist(main component or great empires) or only to feel special. More than self-hate is afinity even if they have nothing alike of what they came from(racially or even cultural).
    Only for direct descendants

Last Online
    03-21-2023 @ 02:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Ancestry
    Latin.
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Taxonomy
    Alpinized Gracile-Med
    Politics
    I don't give a fuck about it.
    Hero
    Nobody
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,837
    Given: 5,025

1 Not allowed!

There are some White/Anglo wannabes and self-haters, but they are a minority. Most Latin Americans are not as obsessed with race and whiteness as the types who tend to come onto anthrofora. As a matter of fact, in some ways I'd even say many Latin American countries are more assimilationist (for good and for ill) with their different immigrant communities and ethnic groups than the US and Australia are.
    That's true, myself and all the people around me never thought about race when we were growing up.
    I only started to care/notice these subjects in my late teens.

And while Brazil, for example, is perceived as having a white elite and big social inequality (which is also racial), it doesn't mean Euro looking people are restricted to the upper class areas, there are also many working class whites, and they get along with blacks and pardos from their neighborhoods.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-14-2024 @ 04:24 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pred Amerindian
    Ethnicity
    Peruvian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 815
    Given: 233

0 Not allowed!

I can only speak from my own experience but the Puerto Rican’s, Dominicans, Ecuadorians and Mexicans at my work place will all start a conversation in Spanish all between themselves without much think and hassle about politics and culture that to non-Latinos they blend into one group only thing is Puerto Rican’s are English speakers and fully can communicate to other groups and translate what other groups are saying to the non-English speaking Hispanics, as for me I get along with one who has similar interests as I do or seems easy to talk to but culturally wise the Hispanics of any ethnicity don’t seem that culturally different from me tbh especially since religion, language and vibes they remind me of my extended family. I’m not even rich or middle class. I do notice how even though the Dominicans and Puerto Rican’s of visible African heritage look dumbfounded or confused when other non-Latino groups such as Jamaicans be speaking in English they just look puzzled and don’t really understand what they’re trying to say to them like almost a distance between them.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information