Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: "Altaic" people originate in modern-day East China - new groundbreaking study

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Rumelian
    Ethnicity
    Balkan Turkish, Pomak
    Country
    Turkey
    Y-DNA
    Q-F16045
    mtDNA
    K1a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,845
    Given: 7,304

4 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Maul View Post
    Can't comment on linguistics but it would have odd implications on Turkic assimilation if proven, making the vast majority of Medieval and modern Turkics not descended paternally by Proto-Turkics
    Not exactly. The article claims that Transeurasian ancestor was an Asian and Altaic derived from it. But how? In order for a language can develop and shape into another language, it must interact with another or must live isolated for thousands of years. I doubt Turkic was isolated considering they have got a massive living zone for a proto population. Then the explanation is probably the migration of Transeurasian speakers to the region from the South of Altai to the West of Baikal and transforming there by contact with the natives. We can observe the shift from Trans-Baikal to the Baikal N, and Baikal_N comes out as a half-half mix of Amur and Ust Ida. That's probably how Proto Altaic was born.

And these are the HGs found in the region during the Neolithic. Blue boxes are R1b, reds are Q, light-blue ones are C, purple ones are N. One can estimate where Turks have lived just by looking at, just reference the N and Q. But the more important thing here is that these R1bs are staying in their roaming zone, around Altais. Moreover, Altai_MLBA(Proto Turkic) samples seem to have a certain amount from this R1b admixture.

The one above is a Neolithic spreading map. Now compare it with the Bronze Age and note the migration of N's. Both red and green weird things are Q, green circles are R1a.

N were migrated to the Westwards around Altai and the region surrounded by R1's (and a very small amount J, there was only a clade if I recall). That's prolly how the Turkic language should have evolved; Transeurasian speaker being full Asian doesn't mean the rest were assimilated until some point. Assimilation begins in Xiongnu, many of the J clades have origin from Iranics of the confederation for example. But R comes out as a founding member of Turkicness as the language developed following the interaction with them even though the language inherited from the Altaic ancestor. These are my conclusions, at least.
    Last edited by Kaspias; 11-18-2021 at 09:47 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    12-07-2022 @ 08:35 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mando'ade
    Ethnicity
    Mando'ade
    Ancestry
    Various Mandalorians and tuang
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    J-L283 [Mandallian Giant] Proto Illyrian
    mtDNA
    Tuang C1B2
    Taxonomy
    Taxed, true mandalorians never removes their helmet
    Hero
    Mandalore the first, Han Yolo, Mr. T., Rodrigo Roa Duterte
    Religion
    The faith
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 919
    Given: 5

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaspias View Post
    Not exactly. The article claims that Transeurasian ancestor was an Asian and Altaic derived from it. But how? In order for a language can develop and shape into another language, it must interact with another or must live isolated for thousands of years. I doubt Turkic was isolated considering they have got a massive living zone for a proto population. Then the explanation is probably the migration of Transeurasian speakers to the region from the South of Altai to the West of Baikal and transforming there by contact with the natives. We can observe the shift from Trans-Baikal to the Baikal N, and Baikal_N comes out as a half-half mix of Amur and Ust Ida. That's probably how Proto Altaic was born.

And these are the HGs found in the region during the Neolithic. Blue boxes are R1b, reds are Q, light-blue ones are C, purple ones are N. One can estimate where Turks have lived just by looking at, just reference the N and Q. But the more important thing here is that these R1bs are staying in their roaming zone, around Altais. Moreover, Altai_MLBA(Proto Turkic) samples seem to have a certain amount from this R1b admixture.

The one above is a Neolithic spreading map. Now compare it with the Bronze Age and note the migration of N's. Both red and green weird things are Q, green circles are R1a.

N were migrated to the Westwards around Altai and the region surrounded by R1's (and a very small amount J, there was only a clade if I recall). That's prolly how the Turkic language should have evolved; Transeurasian speaker being full Asian doesn't mean the rest were assimilated until some point. Assimilation begins in Xiongnu, many of the J clades have origin from Iranics of the confederation for example. But R comes out as a founding member of Turkicness as the language developed following the interaction with them even though the language inherited from the Altaic ancestor. These are my conclusions, at least.
    What neolithic R1b samples are those?
    Like specific kit names of the R1b ones?

Last Online
    05-24-2024 @ 08:55 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Moderate member of the Uralic Cluster
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kınık_(tribe)
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Turano-Pontid and slight Carpathid
    Politics
    Toleranz
    Religion
    Religions are mass-scale Stockholm syndromes
    Relationship Status
    It's hitting me hard now that I'm
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,355
    Given: 4,661

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dunai View Post
    You are displaying deeply conspiratorial allegations towards one of the most respected academic institutes in the world, which had close to 40 Nobel prize winners in its ranks.
    I wanted to approach with suspicion until Kaspias comment, since i dont have enough knowledge my self. As he said study is fair, theres no problem anymore bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    But it is not surprising to change lifestyle from hunter to farmer but the opposite????
    At first it was suprising also for me. But thinking deeper, i see possible scenarios.

>>> Farmers moved westwards, to an area which is extremely cold and unsuitable for farming. (Kaspias comments)
    >>> Farmers came into contact with proto-Aryan nomadic pastoralists.
    >>> How and why eastern language became lingua-franca? Perhaps relations with east was denser than to west and eastern language was more useful?
    >>> There more important question, what religion farmers brough into area? Nomads came with shamism which was originated in modern Czechia and we see only this in Turkic people.

N were migrated to the Westwards around Altai and the region surrounded by R1's (and a very small amount J, there was only a clade if I recall). That's prolly how the Turkic language should have evolved; Transeurasian speaker being full Asian doesn't mean the rest were assimilated until some point. Assimilation begins in Xiongnu, many of the J clades have origin from Iranics of the confederation for example. But R comes out as a founding member of Turkicness as the language developed following the interaction with them even though the language inherited from the Altaic ancestor.
    R1, J, religion and lifestyle from west
    Q, N and language from east

Melted around west of Baikal, this is best conclusion now, right?

Last Online
    08-26-2022 @ 04:16 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Isu god
    Ethnicity
    The 13th tribe
    Ancestry
    Birthplace of mankind (Hyperborean J2 factory - Atlantis)
    Country
    Kyrgyzstan
    Y-DNA
    Sumer-Hyperborea-Altai (J2)
    mtDNA
    non-j2 farmer women
    Taxonomy
    Ascended
    Politics
    J2 world slavery
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,107
    Given: 3,279

1 Not allowed!

It doesn't make sense for the J to be assimilated Iranics. If anything, the R1 in Medieval Turkics are assimilated Iranics because 1/3 of them are under 30% Mongoloid (some basically 0%) whereas all the J2 samples are 45-75% Asian (except 1 which belongs to an unrelated clade of J2 to the others and is probably Sogdian, TSB001). Not to mention the Turkics J2a belong to clear cut clades and Y Match with Early Xiongnu J2a, whereas some of the R1s are clearly not related (DA126 despite being 45% Mongoloid belongs to Irano-Jewish clade of R1a CTS6). Not to mention the R1b Z2103 are matching with mf Armenians and Iranic iron age IRN_Hajj_Firuz_IA, albeit these samples are all under 20% Mongoloid to begin with. Only R1b M73 makes sense in this situation but I doubt Botai is Proto Turkic because that would make more Mongolians descended from it than any modern Turk population. R1b Ph155 is also a contender for the same reasons but again, extremely rare.

Assuming C/Q/N is proto that would make Proto Turks 100% Mongoloid population which doesn't make sense but I guess its somehow theoretically possible, and these clades are basically 0-10% in a lot of modern Turkics so I doubt.

Btw, the 1 J you are referring to in Altai MLBA is J1-P58, complete outlier when it comes to J in that region (J1a* and J2s)
    The Age of R1 is over... The time of the J2, has come (again)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blade
    I'd say Turanid/Alpine/Mediterranean mix.
    Target: DrMaul
    Distance: 0.00000%
    100.0 First Man - J2 Atlantean

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:03 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Ancestry
    Polish and distant Ashkenazi Jewish.
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    E-V13 Shqiptar in disguise
    mtDNA
    U5a1a1 Hyperborean
    Taxonomy
    Moderately not ugly something
    Politics
    Social Liberalism - apparently.
    Hero
    Goofy
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,648
    Given: 48,426

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dunai View Post
    Yet the evidence from all 3 fields show that this happened. Are you that surprised that a population would adapt to the possibilities Eastern Siberia provides? Populations both progress and regress, it's very normal.
    That progress-regress dichotomy in itself though is arguable as there are many advantages of leading a HG lifestyle. Plus, they could have still engaged themselves in trade and obtain farming products.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-23-2022 @ 01:59 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Magyar
    Ancestry
    Historic Hungary/Holy Roman Empire
    Country
    Hungary
    Y-DNA
    R-M417 (8700 ybp)
    mtDNA
    H10-a T16093C (9000 ybp)
    Politics
    Green Left
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,867
    Given: 444

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    That progress-regress dichotomy in itself though is arguable as there are many advantages of leading a HG lifestyle. Plus, they could have still engaged themselves in trade and obtain farming products.
    Plus their descendants, the Jurchen and the Manchus managed to conquer China, one of the greatest empires on Earth, for quite a long time, thus they weren't just simple HGs.

Banned
    Last Online
    12-21-2022 @ 02:03 PM
    Ethnicity
    t
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 265
    Given: 11

0 Not allowed!

I see references to Russian Altaists under the article, who believe that they have proved the existence of not only the Altai family, but also the Nostratic one, which is 10-12 thousand years old. In both cases they use the same toolbox. Can anyone disprove this nostratic etymology? (There are hundreds of them). http://starlingdb.org/cgi-bin/etymol...coding=utf-rus
    In fact, it is stupid to look for the ancestral home of the pra-Altaians if the ancestral home of the Proto-Japanese, Proto-Korean, Proto-Tungusic one and so on is not yet known.
    This is how Russian Altaists describe the Proto-Altaian economy:

The core of the pra-Altaian economy, apparently, was seasonal grazing (cf. the presence of the term "cattle corral", which is absent in the PIE) - or a developed seasonal hunting with a corral component. There are names for cows, sheep, goats and pigs, but age and sex terminology is common to all livestock species. There is a word for horse and several terms associated with horse riding. The role of agriculture was less significant, although there are a number of names for cultivated cereals. The main tool was probably a kind of hoe (possibly also used for digging up wild root crops, which was later practiced by the Siberian peoples).
    Last edited by Chelubey; 11-19-2021 at 01:02 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    t
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Can anyone tell when geneticists will finally start checking their findings against historical sources?? This is some kind of historical trolling:
    https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1....466891v1.full
    Finally, we modeled Turkmens as a mixture of Central Asia basal ancestry (represented by Yaghnobis) and East-Asian ancestry (we obtained a negative value for f3(TUR; TJY, DevilsCave_N); f3 = −0.0025, Z =-5.266). qpAdm modelling for Turkmens produces a single nonrejected model (p-value = 0.048007) implying 6% of Golden Horde Asian and 94% of Tajiks
    What?Turkmens are Tajiks, turkized during the late Golden Horde (15th century)?

Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 03:28 PM
    Ethnicity
    Caucasus
    Country
    Azerbaijan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 328
    Given: 195

0 Not allowed!

Some interesting criticism of this paper is presented here: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...590169611.html
    Will try to find others that I saw and add here.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    t
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

It doesn't make sense for the J to be assimilated Iranics. If anything, the R1 in Medieval Turkics are assimilated Iranics because 1/3 of them are under 30% Mongoloid (some basically 0%) whereas all the J2 samples are 45-75% Asian (except 1 which belongs to an unrelated clade of J2 to the others and is probably Sogdian, TSB001). Not to mention the Turkics J2a belong to clear cut clades and Y Match with Early Xiongnu J2a, whereas some of the R1s are clearly not related (DA126 despite being 45% Mongoloid belongs to Irano-Jewish clade of R1a CTS6). Not to mention the R1b Z2103 are matching with mf Armenians and Iranic iron age IRN_Hajj_Firuz_IA, albeit these samples are all under 20% Mongoloid to begin with. Only R1b M73 makes sense in this situation but I doubt Botai is Proto Turkic because that would make more Mongolians descended from it than any modern Turk population. R1b Ph155 is also a contender for the same reasons but again, extremely rare.

Assuming C/Q/N is proto that would make Proto Turks 100% Mongoloid population which doesn't make sense but I guess its somehow theoretically possible, and these clades are basically 0-10% in a lot of modern Turkics so I doubt.

Btw, the 1 J you are referring to in Altai MLBA is J1-P58, complete outlier when it comes to J in that region (J1a* and J2s)
    In fact, we are very close to a situation where we can test the hypothesis of the East Asian origin of the Turks.
    The only archaeological culture in Asia that can claim to be proto-Turkic is the culture of Slab graves: mongoloid, nomadic in the Iron Age. The right time,place,race, economy and partly genes.
    She is genetically related to both the Mongols and the Turks.
    But it cannot be both Turkic and Mongolian (proto-Turkic-Mongolian) at the same time, even according to the Altai hypothesis (it is anachronical). The culture of Slab graves is either the proto-Turks or the proto-Mongols (one of two).
    The haplogroup Q talk in favor of the Turkic version. Autosomes talk in favor of the Mongolian version. The Huns had 0-30% of the ancestry of Slab graves, while the Mongols have 50-60% of the ancestry associated with this culture. If the Culture of Slab Graves turns out to be Mongol in the end, then for the Proto-Turks there will be no suitable archaeological culture in Asia in Iron Age.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information