Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: To the people still supporting vaccines and vaccine mandates? Why do you still support them?

Last Online
    12-23-2021 @ 06:06 PM
    Ethnicity
    white
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 272

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
    Completely against this particular vaccination. Especially with how they force it down to people. Really now, you're going to blackmail pensioners to do it, by threatening them to take 1/3rd of their pension?

You really want me to take the vaccine by measurers that have no epidemiological reasoning at all? By, for example, barring me from any restaurant, café or club, even if I'm negative to the virus with rapid or PCR testing?

This isn't at all a medical issue anymore. It's blatantly political now. Because all these measures have no reasoning in terms of epidemiology. They really want you to just submit to their own orders, no matter what the consequences will be.

In general however, I support it. But we really shouldn't compare all the rest of the vaccines that have been tested for years before they were released, and which have been around for decades, with vaccines that aren't even officially authorised, but only have gotten "emergency authorisation" of use.
    You fully deserve the restrictions because you did not want to get vaccinated and because of that you're also affecting me.

Personally, the pandemic doesn't bother me at all. Why? Because I'm vaccinated. And that's the end of it, I don't have to complain about shit as you do.

Last Online
    07-10-2023 @ 09:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Vatican City
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,506
    Given: 1,296

1 Not allowed!

Completely against this particular vaccination. Especially with how they force it down to people. Really now, you're going to blackmail pensioners to do it, by threatening them to take 1/3rd of their pension?

You really want me to take the vaccine by measurers that have no epidemiological reasoning at all? By, for example, barring me from any restaurant, café or club, even if I'm negative to the virus with rapid or PCR testing?

This isn't at all a medical issue anymore. It's blatantly political now. Because all these measures have no reasoning in terms of epidemiology. They really want you to just submit to their own orders, no matter what the consequences will be.

In general however, I support it. But we really shouldn't compare all the rest of the vaccines that have been tested for years before they were released, and which have been around for decades, with vaccines that aren't even officially authorised, but only have gotten "emergency authorisation" of use.
    The coronavirus vaccine has been given to approximately 2 billion people worldwide. It is completely safe with few side effects.

It is understood that the vaccine does not completely kill the virus but produces antibodies.

As for the measures against the virus .. If there was a more deadly virus like the Ebola would you be against the measures imposed by the respective government?

Last Online
    06-14-2024 @ 07:47 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,488
    Given: 7,916

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hahns View Post
    The coronavirus vaccine has been given to approximately 2 billion people worldwide. It is completely safe with few side effects.

It is understood that the vaccine does not completely kill the virus but produces antibodies.

As for the measures against the virus .. If there was a more deadly virus like the Ebola would you be against the measures imposed by the respective government?
    >Few side effects

You call millions of side effects, "a few"? You do know that up until 2019 any newly-released drug that caused over 10 adverse reactions was withdrawn from circulation, right? This vaccine alone has caused millions of adverse reactions, officially, because according to all estimations only up to 15% of adverse effects are reported.

For antibodies: natural immunisation also produces antibodies. And according to multiple pieces of research, those who contacted COVID naturally have more antibodies than vaccinated non-patients.

And... The fact it has been given to billions of people, without having any official authorisation and without the companies ever declaring the experimental phase is over shows it's still experimental. Simple as that.

And an answer to Ogweed: honestly, fuck off. It's not me who restricts you, you fucking idiot. The government decides the measures and moves the goalposts consistently. Not me or the unvaccinated. Plus, now if you're not triply vaccinated, you're also unvaccinated. You also restrict others, conspiracy theorist
    "Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not"
    - Επίκουρος

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    white
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

>Few side effects

You call millions of side effects, "a few"? You do know that up until 2019 any newly-released drug that caused over 10 adverse reactions was withdrawn from circulation, right? This vaccine alone has caused millions of adverse reactions, officially, because according to all estimations only up to 15% of adverse effects are reported.

For antibodies: natural immunisation also produces antibodies. And according to multiple pieces of research, those who contacted COVID naturally have more antibodies than vaccinated non-patients.

And... The fact it has been given to billions of people, without having any official authorisation and without the companies ever declaring the experimental phase is over shows it's still experimental. Simple as that.

And an answer to Ogweed: honestly, fuck off. It's not me who restricts you, you fucking idiot. The government decides the measures and moves the goalposts consistently. Not me or the unvaccinated. Plus, now if you're not triply vaccinated, you're also unvaccinated. You also restrict others, conspiracy theorist
    You call millions of side effects, "a few"?
    Where are these millions of side effects? Pain at the injection site, fever, fatigue etc... are normal for all vaccines. It's your body "fighting" against the virus that was delivered with the vaccine.

As far as I'm aware, I know 0 people dead or reporting any issues after being vaccinated yet quite a few unvaccinated that lost their sense of smell or/and had to go through 1-2 weeks of a moderate fever/fatigue and some are still coughing weeks after. These unvaccinated people had/have long term/permanent neurological and pulmonary traumas that could've been avoided with a 15 minutes walk to their closest vaccination center.
    Last edited by Ogweed; 12-20-2021 at 12:59 PM.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    white
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Nop, first of all I'm vaccinated with Pfizer, and it's still effective in ameliorating the possible symptoms that I can get from omicron(especially the loss of smell) and in vulnerable people, it's still highly effective in preventing death. I am not getting the 3rd dose and it's not even recommended by official Health organizations for young and healthy people anyway, so nobody is rushing me.

Secondly, the government decides the measures based on the context, which is of an upcoming Omicron wave and a good chunk of vulnerable old and sick people still not being vaccinated together with a good chunk of the normal population, because they're too uneducated to make the required logical deductions and on top of this they also see on TV conspirationists(that are paid big money) to spew their crap agenda.
    Last edited by Ogweed; 12-20-2021 at 01:14 PM.

in my girly pop era
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Southeast Europe
    Country
    Great Britain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,844
    Given: 10,314

5 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ogweed View Post
    You fully deserve the restrictions because you did not want to get vaccinated and because of that you're also affecting me.

Personally, the pandemic doesn't bother me at all. Why? Because I'm vaccinated. And that's the end of it, I don't have to complain about shit as you do.
    How is that affecting you because you can still catch it from the vaccinated. If you're talking about restrictions as a result of people not vaccinated then tough luck, you can't force someone to make a medical decision. He has a right to reject the vaccine, an experimental one that is still undergoing trials. We are not talking about a vaccine like the MMR, this is relatively new. Also, we may know many people who experienced side effects, I know many close friends and family who had a reaction, so that may influence someone's decision. It also depends on what you value at the moment and what stage in your life youre at. If you're elderly with a condition, you may want to protect yourself from ending up in intensive care. Others may be young, and are considering the statistics/rates of recovery and side effects, so may choose they dont want it at this moment in time. Their objections might seem insignificant to you but very important to them.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    white
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ylla View Post
    How is that affecting you because you can still catch it from the vaccinated. If you're talking about restrictions as a result of people not vaccinated then tough luck, you can't force someone to make a medical decision. He has a right to reject the vaccine, an experimental one that is still undergoing trials. We are not talking about a vaccine like the MMR, this is relatively new. Also, we may know many people who experienced side effects, I know many close friends and family who had a reaction, so that may influence someone's decision. It also depends on what you value at the moment and what stage in your life youre at. If you're elderly with a condition, you may want to protect yourself from ending up in intensive care. Others may be young, and are considering the statistics/rates of recovery and side effects, so may choose they dont want it at this moment in time. Their objections might seem unsignificant to you but very important to them.
    How is that affecting you because you can still catch it from the vaccinated.
    We, vaccinated people, are not as infectious. On average, the virus does not get to replicate as much, we experience everything 'lighter'.

If you're talking about restrictions as a result of people not vaccinated then tough luck, you can't force someone to make a medical decision
    We actually can, at least in Romania and most likely in most European states, we can impose major restrictions on unvaccinated people(already doing so). Luckily, the virus is not so deadly, so the government won't risk losing popularity by going any further, however, Constitution-wise, they can go as far as they wish so, for the wellbeing of the state.

an experimental one that is still undergoing trials
    At this point, waiting is just a formality, the only possible side effects have an astronomical chance of occurring. Most governments pulled Astra out for 1 case of blood cloths for every 300k women or so, so they're quite concerned about our safety.

Also, we may know many people who experienced side effects
    Please let us know what are these 'side effects' that I keep hearing.

I know many close friends and family who had a reactiom
    Same, and doesn't change a thing. That's how vaccines work. I'd be more worried if nobody had any reaction to it.

Others may be young, and are considering the statistics/rates of recovery and side effects, so may choose they dont want it at this moment in time.
    Healthy people make up the majority of the population. If we vaccinate those then the virus has a much less chance to reach the vulnerable.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-13-2024 @ 06:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H39
    Politics
    Ugly history as it is. Don't blame me.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,439
    Given: 1,436

0 Not allowed!

>Few side effects

You call millions of side effects, "a few"?
    Sore arm is still one adverse effect

You do know that up until 2019 any newly-released drug that caused over 10 adverse reactions was withdrawn from circulation, right?
    Not yet removed.

EMA has reviewed serious, disabling and potentially permanent side effects with quinolone and fluoroquinolone antibiotics given by mouth, injection or inhalation. The review incorporated the views of patients, healthcare professionals and academics presented at EMA’s public hearing on fluoroquinolone and quinolone antibiotics in June 2018.

Fluoroquinolone medicines (which contain ciprofloxacin, levofloxacin, lomefloxacin, moxifloxacin, norfloxacin, ofloxacin, pefloxacin, prulifloxacin and rufloxacin) can cause long-lasting, disabling and potentially permanent side effects involving tendons, muscles, joints and the nervous system.
    These serious side effects include inflamed or torn tendon, muscle pain or weakness, and joint pain or swelling, walking difficulty, feeling pins and needles, burning pain, tiredness, depression, problems with memory, sleeping, vision and hearing, and altered taste and smell.
    Tendon swelling and injury may occur within 2 days of starting treatment with a fluoroquinolone but may even occur several months after stopping treatment.
    Stop taking a fluoroquinolone medicine and contact your doctor at once in the following cases:
    at the first sign of tendon injury, such as tendon pain or swelling – rest the painful area;
    if you get pain, feel pins and needles, tingling, tickling, numbness or burning, or weakness especially in the legs or arms;
    if you get swelling in the shoulder, arms or legs, have walking difficulty, feel tired or depressed or have problems with your memory or with sleeping or you notice changes with your vision, taste, smell or hearing. You and your doctor will decide if you can continue treatment or if you need to take another type of antibiotic.

:

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    11-29-2023 @ 09:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,083
    Given: 2,784

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    Do we know each other? Zeno thinks we know each other.
    We've been in the same servers but haven't interacted ,Zeno's just mad..

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:31 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    mtDNA
    T1a1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,082
    Given: 3,222

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Babak View Post
    Exactly. More control and more power. Sweden is already beginning to do it i believe. By 2030, the entire global pop will have to be either 1) chipped or 2) Have your phone with you st all times. Either way, were slowly descending into full blown technocracy.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...655916%3famp=1
    Indeed, I've read about it too. Sweden is one of those technology oriented societies, with high levels of trust in authority. If we are headed towards technocracy, they are one step ahead of others. A challenge will be getting other nations, on the same technological and trust level. Because the fourth Industrial Revolution is meant to encompass the whole world.

Quote Originally Posted by Babak View Post
    The unvaccinated will be be dealt with via elimination/torture.
    They already have negative labels attached to them. The moment they will start to be dehumanized, seen as less than humans, the oppressive measures against them, will be perceived as "justified" and "correct". And from there, it can degenerate.

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread Information