Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,730
    Given: 43,621

1 Not allowed!

Americans work long hours and have less vacation than Europeans do, so in that aspect quality of life is worse. They also usually commute to job for long.
    High quality food in US costs more than in Europe, and already mentioned college cost/medical insurance
    higher crime and murder rate

However there are some advantages. If you are any good in whatever you do (with or without degree) you can earn decent living for yourself and make career progress faster and easier than in Europe
    large market and you have lot of options, jobs are easy to find if you have good CV

consumer products in US are cheap compared to Europe and you get bang for your buck

You can switch jobs easily: for example, when I was in US son of my host family (an engineer) simply quit his job because he didn't like how they gave him too short of vacation for that summer when he planned to go to Croatia.
    he didn't think twice, just quit and found similar and even better job quickly after he came back from vacation. He did that because he knew he will easily find new job in his field.

This is unimaginable in many Euro countries, for example.

Alexandro

4 Not allowed!

It is ok. I prefer living in Europe though.

Apricityverse shenanigans Universe's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    China
    Taxonomy
    ambiguououououous
    Hero
    rajputprincess
    Religion
    forbidden knowledge
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,391
    Given: 12,777

0 Not allowed!

"I don't think the USA is a great place to live."
    https://www.reddit.com/r/changemyvie...e_to_live_cmv/

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-23-2024 @ 01:56 PM
    Ethnicity
    Amazigh/Berber
    Ancestry
    Algeria
    Country
    Switzerland
    mtDNA
    W3a1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,944
    Given: 4,116

1 Not allowed!

I love the US but I think living conditions and quality of life are better in Western Europe in general than in the US.
    I think living in the US is interesting only when you are part of the upper class and more.

However, paradoxically, I think it’s easier to evolve socially and and earn a lot of money in the US than in Europe.

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,497
    Given: 12,975

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    "I don't think the USA is a great place to live."
    https://www.reddit.com/r/changemyvie...e_to_live_cmv/
    The general theme of this Redditor's post is: I want other people to be responsible for my needs.

He's not wrong on certain issues: an excellent university is very expensive and that's because a university with a reputation will jack up the prices. They know they can because of student loans. The irony is getting a degree became more expensive because of student loans.

Healthcare is also a problem in that people are overcharged and don't know it because there is no transparency.

Where there is money to be made - as there is in the wealthiest country in the world - there are going to be vultures trying to take advantage and the biggest criminals are sitting behind desks wearing suits and ties.

However, I'm disgusted by people who want others to be responsible for them, such as this redditor.
    Last edited by Colonel Frank Grimes; 02-06-2022 at 01:12 PM.

Resident Gadfly
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,101
    Given: 24,272

0 Not allowed!

Is USA a bad place to live? I heard a lot of people complain about life in USA. They say it's hard to live in that country, they complain about quality of life, they say it's hard to make ends meet. They complain about being indebted, they find healthcare and university too expensive. When I was a child in 90s and 00s I had the impression that USA was a very good place to live, with high living standards. I even dreamt of living in USA at one point. Then it started to change after 2010 when I started to read about American people's experiences on the internet. So could it be that USA became a worse country to live in recent years? What's wrong with USA?
    Internet is a terrible lens to view the world by. You can't generalise a big country that spans across half a continent, with half a dozen time zones, and hosts 330 million people.

USA is actually much better off than Europe. Nothing comes close to America. Leaders in military, tech, entertainment. Every climate, be it desert, tropical, forest, tundra; amazing hiking and trails, rich culture in art with music and movies. Down South you have the best hospitality, food and tradition. Beef and alcohol is dirt cheap, you can travel anywhere cheap. You can be dirt poor and become something with hard work. You can raise a family and live good. You can bear arms. You can be free thanks to the laws that were put in place.

Political leadership and mindset are the major problems. Unless there's a strong push for major demographic reforms and for an ethno-nationalistic identity the country is doomed to become another Latin America.

America, for all it's hopelessness, also has the best potential for resolution and freedom - more so than any place else in the West.

JosephK the American member here says USA was a bad place to live even in 90s and 2000s.
    Well, he is a mongrel (he is part gypsy and a catholic after all), so what do you expect? Mongrels on social media in Canada have a history of anti-white rhetoric. I have already written about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    We GrecoRomansIberians once did the mistake of civilizing these cave-dwellers ,I suggest we make an alliance with muslims to accelerate their takeover
    Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Scandinavia is not Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    It's OK to date girls 16+ they are not children remember the old song 'sweet sixteen'
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Whites are often jealous of Blacks for their athleticism, creative talent and sexual prowess.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Cajun
    Ancestry
    Anglo Cajun
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,438
    Given: 16,090

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stearsolina View Post
    US is great for living if you belong to upper middle class and higher. But if you are lower middle class or working class it's worse than western Europe. To enjoy life in US you need to be earning good money.
    but making money is still easier in US than practically anywhere else on the planet

If you want to test your limits and are willing to risk to climb in life/career, US is still a great option. If you value security and aren't overly competitive type than US is not for you.
    This is perfectly put.

I’d also say, It’s hard to summarize the way of life in US as a whole, it would be easier state by state.
    Speaking on Texas alone, you have a great chance of doing well if you put in the work. Housing is cheap too compared to most states.

I’d say overall it’s nice here, Americans tend to complain because we are declining in a lot of areas. Also the way of life has it to where work is priority, and you are easily replaceable if you are not up to standard.
    What’s done in darkness will come to light

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,497
    Given: 12,975

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    The general theme of this Redditor's post is: I want other people to be responsible for my needs.

He's not wrong on certain issues: an excellent university is very expensive and that's because a university with a reputation will jack up the prices. They know they can because of student loans. The irony is getting a degree became more expensive because of student loans.

Healthcare is also a problem in that people are overcharged and don't know it because there is no transparency.

Where there is money to be made - as there is in the wealthiest country in the world - there are going to be vultures trying to take advantage and the biggest criminals are sitting behind desks wearing suits and ties.

However, I'm disgusted by people who want others to be responsible for them, such as this redditor.
    From the same Redditor:
    There are actually some amusing stories of med students (my wife is one of them) who go over to the USA on an elective (a month long work experience) and are shocked by the amount of unnecessary imaging patients undergo (weekly scans for pregnant people, CT scans for minor trauma etc.), and also surprise many of the Doctors by showing them how much you can do without modern equipment.
    This is so very true.

That being said the NHS reminds me of the VA. Unless you have the sniffles it's shitty.

Further evidence that the health service is in crisis came last Friday with the announcement by Simon Stevens, the chief executive of the NHS, that he was abandoning the commitment that patients would wait no more than 18 weeks for operations.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...-6bn-year.html

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    England
    mtDNA
    U2e1
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,284
    Given: 5,617

1 Not allowed!

From what i've heard from American locums (some Australians as well), i've worked shortly with, the main issue is the lack of work/life balance, they do ridiculous hours with minimal play. In Western Europe in most professional jobs there's enough play to keep you happy and still offer yourself a good quality of life.

I literally trample on the lgbtqia+ flag
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    Tramps and Thieves
    Ancestry
    Multieverything
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Politics
    Hardliner, Law & Order, Clerical-Fascism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,507
    Given: 59,369

0 Not allowed!

I know a serb raised in austria and austrian citizen who is engineer then 10 years ago moved to America and he was successful now he blogs about savings I don't know if he is still engineer or already a millioner. I guess if you have no skills you won't do well though
    ONE NATION UNDER GOD - USA
    Everyone thinks I support and like “Pride,” but in my avatar picture I’m literally trampling on the gay flag. HAHAHA SUBTLE
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. Thank them both.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information