Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have Catalan autosomal results?

Not even a member
    Last Online
    05-23-2024 @ 11:02 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian (privately view myself as Aryan)
    Country
    Brunei
    Region
    Russian Turkestan General Governorship
    Y-DNA
    R1a-Z282-YP350
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,595
    Given: 8,909

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gebachs View Post
    But Benedict Cumberbatch is not British but English, because if an Englishman, a Scots and an Irish from Northern Ireland are all British but then an Irishman from the Republic of Ireland is something different than the guy from NI, then being British means nothing. And I've got more news: John Boyega is British.
    No, Indian, Swiss and Brazilian are not ethnicities but memes formed by several peoples/races. Shouldn't you know this already considering what kind of forum The Apricity is? I'm shocked the level is so low.
    Do you know the difference between ethnicity and nationality? British is a nationality. So is Spanish. Duh. But I think the former is generally more inclusive than the latter. Spanish means native to Spain, not just a document. You are probably pro-Catalan independence which I don't give a rat's ass about since it's not my country. But saying Spanish means nothing is just wrong. Spain is a centuries old country with her own language, culture, history and identity. It's not a post-colonial banana republic with arbitrarily drawn borders.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    05-22-2024 @ 02:04 PM
    Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    E1b1a-FT4968
    mtDNA
    V6b1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,478
    Given: 2,729

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    Do you know the difference between ethnicity and nationality? British is a nationality. So is Spanish. Duh. But I think the former is generally more inclusive than the latter. Spanish means native to Spain, not just a document. You are probably pro-Catalan independence which I don't give a rat's ass about since it's not my country. But saying Spanish means nothing is just wrong. Spain is a centuries old country with her own language, culture, history and identity. It's not a post-colonial banana republic with arbitrarily drawn borders.
    He's just a troll with an account created in April, he's not Catalan.

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,274
    Given: 12,876

0 Not allowed!

But Benedict Cumberbatch is not British but English, because if an Englishman, a Scots and an Irish from Northern Ireland are all British but then an Irishman from the Republic of Ireland is something different than the guy from NI, then being British means nothing. And I've got more news: John Boyega is British.
    Northern Ireland is split between two ethnicities: the Irish and the Scots-Irish (Ulster Scots). One is native Irish and the other are descendants of Scots (and to a much lesser degree English from the borderlands) who settled in Northern Ireland centuries ago. No one thinks of the native Irish living in Northern Ireland as British.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-12-2022 @ 03:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Catalan
    Country
    Andorra
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 10

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    Of course I know the difference. Do you know that in the modern day world of multiethnic states and mass migration makes no sense to talk about nationality as if that defined the idiosyncrasy of its population? At least in a forum like this I did not expect people defending this:
    210b7b1d5d9c1ad624a403ead9d1ceb30a6c3ed380665e76ca51bb7e339b80ef_1.jpg

Spanish means nothing because a Castilian, a Basque, a Catalan and a Galician are all Spanish though all have different identities, languages, names and surnames and cultures. Specially if you also defend that Catalans and Basques living a bit further north radically change and become French. There is no specific Spanish anything. Imagine if Spain is a meme that a good chunk of its population still have not accepted it. Catalonia, instead, is a millenary nation.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Catalan
    Country
    Andorra
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gallop View Post
    insertar imagen(4º recuadro después de la bola del mundo)>desde URL>recuperar achivo remoto y referencia localmente (ese pequeño recuadro lo anula) y envía.
    También está la opción para su computadora.

Ya conozco su opinión sobre el tema, pero ha de pensar que el resto de personas debemos llevar un orden, coherencia, sentido común dentro de la legalidad y todos los países del mundo lo reconocen a usted como español, también a mí claro jeje.

Que tenga buena tarde ya iré viendo sus resultados, más que nada porque es que aquí no hay a penas españoles completos para contrastar, los hay que charlan lo que no está en los escritos, pero no publican y aunque tenemos mucho adn de la península ibérica por los iberoamericanos hay cosas que no se pueden ver si no es con españoles completos como comprenderá cualquiera.
    Thanks. Let me ask you a question: do you agree that recent immigrants who acquired Spanish nationality are Spanish too?

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    Northern Ireland is split between two ethnicities: the Irish and the Scots-Irish (Ulster Scots). One is native Irish and the other are descendants of Scots (and to a much lesser degree English from the borderlands) who settled in Northern Ireland centuries ago. No one thinks of the native Irish living in Northern Ireland as British.
    Right. But I guess the Irish in NI are officially British although they will vehemently deny it of course. Same with me and being Spanish. And if so many different people can be British/Spanish, then it becomes a baseless meme.

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,274
    Given: 12,876

1 Not allowed!

Right. But I guess the Irish in NI are officially British although they will vehemently deny it of course.
    As I already said, no one thinks of the native Irish as British.

Same with me and being Spanish. And if so many different people can be British/Spanish, then it becomes a baseless meme.
    Throughout history, Catalans were referred to as Spanish ('the Spains'). No one pretends Bretons aren't French. No one pretends Tuscans aren't Italian.

This "I'm not Spanish. I'm Catalan." is a new phenomenon that only began when the Spanish economy imploded in 2008.
    Last edited by Colonel Frank Grimes; 04-09-2022 at 07:06 PM.

Last Online
    03-13-2024 @ 09:19 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    I speak english...
    Ethnicity
    .CROMAGNON
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 117

0 Not allowed!

THANKS! DDD

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 06:02 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Epic, Mythical, Mythological and Biblical
    Ethnicity
    Español
    Ancestry
    Andalusia (Spain)
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    E-BY7449-E-BY7566
    mtDNA
    J1c5c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,589
    Given: 4,821

0 Not allowed!

Thanks. Let me ask you a question: do you agree that recent immigrants who acquired Spanish nationality are Spanish too?

It does not matter whether I agree or not, politicians do what they want, evidently for me they will never be Spaniards; although legally they are and that will not be relevant because politicians will legislate according to interests alien to the opinion of the population.
    https://www.yfull.com/tree/E-BY7449/
    E-V22 - E-BY7449 - E-BY7566 - E-FT155550
    According to oral family tradition E-FT155550 comes from a deserter of Napoleon's troops (1808-1813) who stayed in Spain and changed his surname.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:26 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    French Alpinoide
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    France
    Y-DNA
    R-Z17
    mtDNA
    U2
    Taxonomy
    French Alpinoide
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,297
    Given: 1,193

0 Not allowed!

The only difference between Catalans and other people in Spain are the less non-european thing among them (2,6% in think? according the last study), maybe a little bit more indo-european.

The only difference between Basque and non-basque from Spain : less indo-european, more WHG, zero (or close to) non-european.

Italy is a recent creation, Tuscans are not very "estrucan-like", genetically speaking, they have a good percentage of est-mediterraneans.
    And yes, Bretons are Bretons because they have a "special" genetic profil, even if you have some micro-cluster, some Bretons are more "french-like".

Genetic, genetic, genetic, genetic, etc.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Catalan
    Country
    Andorra
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

As I already said, no one thinks of the native Irish as British.
    Well it doesn't really matter if you say none thinks of the native Irish as British since if they're citizens of the UK then technically they're British. Anyway the point was that the British identity comprises several different ethnicities so being British is devoid of any meaning. No wonder, then, that recent immigrants are much more likely to call themselves British rather than English, Scottish or Welsh.

Throughout history, Catalans were referred to as Spanish ('the Spains'). No one pretends Bretons aren't French. No one pretends Tuscans aren't Italian.

This "I'm not Spanish. I'm Catalan." is a new phenomenon that only began when the Spanish economy imploded in 2008.
    LOL what a pile of BS. The Spanish identity is very recent. Politically it was born in the constitution of 1812 although the general population adopted it much later and in some parts, like Catalonia, none has adopted it yet. Very few in the generation of my great-grandparents considered themselves Spanish, not even in deep Castile.
    As for Catalonia, we have been Catalans for a millennia. Saying that we switched from being Spanish to Catalan in 2008 is such an ignorant statement that I'm starting to doubt if I'm talking to a primitive form of AI.

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information