British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,361
    Given: 1,227

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by turbosat View Post
    Can you post those studies or just post in a new thread.
    I will look for it , meanwhile , a academic study showing Pakistani pashtuns being lighter than Punjabis and genetically distant from them. Backed by science .

https://www.mdpi.com/2073-4425/12/5/733

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:35 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Demirkazık View Post
    Pashtun North Afghanistan sample has about 5% EE admixture while the Turkish sample which is me have about triple the amount, the thing that makes Pashtuns further away from Europeans are their AASI like admixture.

In every way Turks are closer to Europeans, since majority of the Turkish genepool consists of West Eurasian admixture.

This is not true at all, seems everyone is a expert in genetics now .

Do you even know how much those pashtun samples had AASI? They have around 7-11% AASI , however most likely 7-8% for pashtuns north Afghanistan. If you had triple amounts of EE then by logic you would be quite distant to those European populations.

Mongolyn Shildeg Bökh Demirkazık's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:32 PM
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    Mongolia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,006
    Given: 6,629

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
    This is not true at all, seems everyone is a expert in genetics now .

Do you even know how much those pashtun samples had AASI? They have around 7-11% AASI , however most likely 7-8% for pashtuns north Afghanistan. If you had triple amounts of EE then by logic you would be quite distant to those European populations.
    Pashtun North Afghanistan average has ~10% AASI admixture and ~5% East Eurasian admixture, however I have ~14% East Eurasian admixture. It wouldn't be far-fetched to say that I have about triple amount of EE admixture than the Pashtun North Afghanistan average.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:35 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Pashtun North Afghanistan average has ~10% AASI admixture and ~5% East Eurasian admixture, however I have ~14% East Eurasian admixture. It wouldn't be far-fetched to say that I have about triple amount of EE admixture than the Pashtun North Afghanistan average.
    Depending on which reference samples you use it could range from 7-10% roughly.

Last Online
    08-20-2023 @ 03:40 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    American
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 219

0 Not allowed!

FST is not perfect(no tool or method is) but here are some FST distances done on Pakistani ethnic groups including Pak Pashtuns and various other groups. The pak Pashtun and the Jatt have an FST of .004, Rajput was .006 and various other groups are on the chart as well. Obviously the Afghans would be further away from these Pakistani groups than a pak pashtun is. So if we look at this and then that Chinese website which was brought up, the arguments which were made are false.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...ESM10_ESM.xlsx
    Last edited by Human10101; 06-06-2023 at 11:07 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-14-2023 @ 10:32 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    True Iberian
    Ethnicity
    C
    Country
    Iceland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 53

0 Not allowed!

Turkey.

Last Online
    Today @ 11:18 AM
    Ethnicity
    Pakistani
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 199

0 Not allowed!

Pashtun North Afghanistan sample has about 5% EE admixture while the Turkish sample which is me have about triple the amount, the thing that makes Pashtuns further away from Europeans are their AASI like admixture.

In every way Turks are closer to Europeans, since majority of the Turkish genepool consists of West Eurasian admixture.
    If youre talking about g25, its 7%. I Think youre using this “south indian” or whatever to model pashtuns, which itself is significantly east asian(some tribal indians Got elevated east eurasian). This often happen with people modelling pashtuns on g25, using tribals

I dont Care about europeaness, i just brought up the east asian part. Thats all

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Pakistani
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Now i know youre using that tribal sample/talking about that screenshot of vahado model on pashtuns

It eats up the east asian, which is why lower east asian and higher South asian.
    I Can already tell which screenshot of that vahado model with pashtuns youre about to send to me

Anyways, here's a model of the same afghan pashtuns, when not using that East Asian admix South Indian tribal:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2023-06-06 at 17.21.31.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	121225Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2023-06-06 at 17.21.31.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	121225

Keep in mind shah e sokteh scores 43-45% AASI,
    8276 16% AASI,
    11456 scores 32,5% AASI,
    gonur BA1 scores 2% AASI,
    bustan 5605 scores 4,5% AASI,

in total thats like 7,8% AASI, not 10%
    Last edited by thisismyaccount; 06-06-2023 at 03:26 PM.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Pakistani
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by turbosat View Post
    You said the Lahoris were migrants from India (but when did they migrate and from where?).

About the Sindhis being way closer to the Punjabis, they could perhaps have been Pashtun/Afghan migrant origin, not the recent millions but long settled in Sindh. Even more likely than being Pashtun/Afghans the Sindhis could have been Baloch/Brahui or Baloch/Brahui mixed with Sindhis. Millions of Baloch settled in Sindh over the last couple of centuries and some before that. If study authors did not take care or had no idea of such migrations, then it will affect the results.
    The Lahore hgdp samples are avaiable on g25. Theyre not like avg punjabis at all and scores way closer to north indians from uttar pradesh. From g25, theyre clearly not native punjabis

Also, it wasnt just sindhis. We had tiwari brahmin and khastriyas being way closer too on fst than compared to punjabi, and theyre not mixed with pashtuns.

Anyways idk when they came to Pakistan, i just know they dont score like regular punjabis at all

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Pakistani
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

The same Can be Said for pakistani punjabis even though? Theyre like 18% aasi\onge and 2% east asian, 80% west eurasian, not too far from 15% east asian turks? And pashtuns should apparently be more west eurasian than punjabis?
    Aasi and east asian are closest to each other, compared to west eurasian(not identical to each other of course)

I Think what you meant was that turks have far more related ancestry with euros than afghans do?(again, dont Care about europeaness, you brought it up, not me)
    Last edited by thisismyaccount; 06-06-2023 at 01:58 PM.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread Information