I don't need any hero..but Jesus
    Religion
    Christian-Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,668
    Given: 1,754

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Your Old Comrade View Post
    The inventors are the ones who materialised it. A few sketches on a piece of paper does not make an invention, so the credit goes to the Northerners, because they actually did it,
    Volta has invented ( and materialised it ) the condenser..... so every electrical instruments with a condenser is a VOLTA INVENTION.. ( the resistence is not an invention )

Great.. great..

Veteran Member Your Old Comrade's Avatar
    Last Online
    02-06-2024 @ 05:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Netherlands, Northern France, Wallonia
    Country
    Netherlands
    Region
    Utrecht
    Taxonomy
    Borreby
    Politics
    All Politicians Are Bastards
    Religion
    MGTOW
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,195
    Given: 8,122

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Who invented the piston ... the connecting rod.. the ball bearing.. the screw...tha camshaft...the valves.. ( and the wheel....)

You are a confused boy... you don't know the difference between invention and application..
    Not at all confused. The real invention lies in the application of the concept.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Veteran Member Your Old Comrade's Avatar
    Last Online
    02-06-2024 @ 05:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Netherlands, Northern France, Wallonia
    Country
    Netherlands
    Region
    Utrecht
    Taxonomy
    Borreby
    Politics
    All Politicians Are Bastards
    Religion
    MGTOW
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,195
    Given: 8,122

0 Not allowed!

Volta has invented ( and materialised it ) the condenser..... so every electrical instruments with a condenser is a VOLTA INVENTION..

Great.. great..
    Wrong, numbnuts. He invented the condenser and applied it. That's it. The rest builds on it and was invented by others. It's very typical of the two classical civilisations, that they came up with the principle and then sat on their arse for centuries while the Northerners then went on, applied the whole thing and then created a whole slew of other things around it. Italy and Greece peaked 2000- 2500 years ago, and Italy managed it again 600 years ago. After that? Nothing.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Last Online
    05-29-2024 @ 07:58 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italian-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Hero
    Religion
    Christian-Catholic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Your Old Comrade View Post
    Wrong, numbnuts. He invented the condenser and applied it. That's it. The rest builds on it and was invented by others. It's very typical of the two classical civilisations, that they came up with the principle and then sat on their arse for centuries while the Northerners then went on, applied the whole thing and then created a whole slew of other things around it. Italy and Greece peaked 2000- 2500 years ago, and Italy managed it again 600 years ago. After that? Nothing.

You are really very ignorant too.

Maybe it's not your fault that you didn't study physics or mathematics.

To formulate the theory of general relativity, Einstein needed a mathematics that would allow him to formulate it.

This math is tensor calculus.! . Invented by the Italian Ricci Gregorio ( Padua ) in 1900.

Einstein had to enlist the help of Ricci's pupil, Tullio Levi-Civita, to give mathematical form to his revolutionary physical ideas.

Without Ricci's newly invented tensor calculus, Einstein would not have formulated his general theory of relativity.

All the letters that Tullio Levi Civita and Einstein exchanged are kept in the museum of the University of Padua.
    That math later enabled Albert Einstein to develop his theory of general relativity.
    Einstein traveled to Padua to meet Ricci and Civita.
    Unlike the infinitesimal calculus, tensor calculus allows presentation of physics equations in a form that is independent of the choice of coordinates on the manifold.

Introduction to Tensor Calculus for General Relativity: Massachusetts Institute of Technology Department of Physics

https://web.mit.edu/edbert/GR/gr1.pdf

https://pubs.aip.org/physicstoday/on...icci-Curbastro

Last Online
    04-29-2024 @ 02:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Crete
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    T1a1a1a1
    mtDNA
    T
    Politics
    Conservative
    Hero
    Konstantinos Karamanlis
    Religion
    Greek Orthodox
    Relationship Status
    Incel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 127
    Given: 64

0 Not allowed!

Venetian architecture style in the begining was influenced by gothic style ( that derives from italian romanesque style ) and than from Byzantine and Moorish styles..

In other words is a mix of gothic byzantine and moorish styles

Tell me something about Greece contribution ( any kind ) in the last 2000 years..
    To start with:
    Your entire religion, you animal. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_...nical_councils <-- all of them took place in the Greek-speaking world.- ALL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church...#Greek_Fathers

It's curious you didn't answer me: those horses Venetians looted from Constantinople and placed on the church in your avatar, were those "ItAlIaN" too? and what the hell are you talking about? St Mark's IS copied from Byzantine architecture even if in part. To ask me therefore whAt hAvE gReEkS DoNe iN 2000 YeArZ? when you have the name Renaissance (Renaissance of what? Roman AND GREEK learning -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_...he_Renaissance), St Mark's with its stolen sculptures from the "Greeks", and CHRISTIAN on your profile is laughable.,

Another ridiculous, delusional nationalist. But at least others may have a point. For an Italian to speak like this...disgusting.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italian-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Hero
    Religion
    Christian-Catholic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    To start with:
    Your entire religion, you animal. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_...nical_councils <-- all of them took place in the Greek-speaking world.- ALL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church...#Greek_Fathers

It's curious you didn't answer me: those horses Venetians looted from Constantinople and placed on the church in your avatar, were those "ItAlIaN" too? and what the hell are you talking about? St Mark's IS copied from Byzantine architecture even if in part. To ask me therefore whAt hAvE gReEkS DoNe iN 2000 YeArZ? when you have the name Renaissance (Renaissance of what? Roman AND GREEK learning -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_...he_Renaissance), St Mark's with its stolen sculptures from the "Greeks", and CHRISTIAN on your profile is laughable.,

Another ridiculous, delusional nationalist. But at least others may have a point. For an Italian to speak like this...disgusting.
    Jesus spoke in aramaic..and he was under the thumb of roman law..

I ask you again: What did the Greeks -like you - do in the last 2000 years.... Just a curiosity...( Maria Callas - Demis Roussos - Vangelis- Onassis.... and then ? )

Pantheon in Rome: 90% Roman and 10% Greek.

The Romans were the first builders in the history of architecture to realize the domes for the creation of large and well-defined interior spaces.

And the byzantine style is well known for the roman dome and not for the simple greek columns.

Pantheon is a miracle of the engineering because of the dome not because the columns in front

Last Online
    04-29-2024 @ 02:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Crete
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    T1a1a1a1
    mtDNA
    T
    Politics
    Conservative
    Hero
    Konstantinos Karamanlis
    Religion
    Greek Orthodox
    Relationship Status
    Incel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 127
    Given: 64

1 Not allowed!

Jesus spoke in aramaic..

I ask you again: What did the Greeks -like you - do in the last 2000 years.... Just a curiosity...( Maria Callas - Demis Roussos - Vangelis- Onassis.... and then ? )

Pantheon in Rome: 90% Roman and 10% Greek.

The Romans were the first builders in the history of architecture to realize the domes for the creation of large and well-defined interior spaces.

And the byzantine style is well known for the roman dome and not for the simple greek columns.

Pantheon is a miracle of the engineering because of the dome not because the columns in front
    Christianity's fundamental building blocks were provided in the First seven ecumenical councils. The creed you recite in Church was written in those dirty Greek letters. The entire New Testament too. Without those, there'd be no Christianity at all.

You're an NPC spamming the same question. I provided you with a huge list of things which not only involve Greeks of fewer than 2000 years ago in the development of Christianity but in the whole Western culture including the very thing you have on your name you dumbass. It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad for someone like you to talk like this.

And let's get things clear here: I am not the one questioning Roman or Italian contributions. So you don't need to sell me the Pantheon. It's you who questions Greek contributions.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italian-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Hero
    Religion
    Christian-Catholic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    Christianity's fundamental building blocks were provided in the First seven ecumenical councils. The creed you recite in Church was written in those dirty Greek letters. The entire New Testament too. Without those, there'd be no Christianity at all.

You're an NPC spamming the same question. I provided you with a huge list of things which not only involve Greeks of fewer than 2000 years ago in the development of Christianity but in the whole Western culture including the very thing you have on your name you dumbass. It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad for someone like you to talk like this.

And let's get things clear here: I am not the one questioning Roman or Italian contributions. So you don't need to sell me the Pantheon. It's you who questions Greek contributions.
    Ok... Tell me something about Greece contribution ( any kind ) in the last 1500 years..

I know very well that the ancient Romans considered the Greeks as the only worthy among all the peoples of Europe and the Mediterranean bacine and middle east

I know very well that many Greek scholars took refuge in Italy making a significant contribution to the birth of the Renaissance.. but alas.. none of them reached the high peaks in the artistic and scientific fields (except El Greco?)

Banned
    Last Online
    09-04-2023 @ 02:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ancestry
    Castellanos
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Y-DNA
    Castellanos
    mtDNA
    Castellanos
    Taxonomy
    Spanish paleto culture
    Politics
    Preserving Spanish paleto culture
    Religion
    The only one true Christianism is the Spanish Inquisition
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,695
    Given: 23,946

1 Not allowed!

Spain ? Spain was not involved in the II world war..
    So you can't say a word about spaniard soldiers..
    Seriously man...

I know very well that the ancient Romans considered the Greeks as the only worthy among all the peoples of Europe and the Mediterranean bacine and middle east
    Romans appreciated the culture of Tartessos but I see you ignore it.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italian-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Hero
    Religion
    Christian-Catholic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cristiano viejo View Post
    Seriously man...

Romans appreciated the culture of Tartessos but I see you ignore it.
    Maybe.. give me more details please..

Roman nobles and patricians admired Greece and Greek culture. I only know Roman emperors who worshiped Greek culture while I don't know Roman emperors who worshiped other cultures of conquered peoples.
    Ancient Roman Horace wrote: Graecia capta ferum victōrem cepit / Captive Greece conquered her savage victor.

Everyone knows that the ancient Romans weren't so interested in philosophy..

They were interested in the army in conquest and to pay the high cost of the army they needed new conquests and many taxes and an excellent public administration and a legal system efficient and a great net of roads..
    Last edited by renaissance12; 08-29-2023 at 03:26 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information