Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Sardinia is genetically more similar to Italy or Spain?

Last Online
    10-20-2020 @ 10:23 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sardinian
    Ethnicity
    Sardinian
    Ancestry
    North Western Sardinia
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Sardinia
    Hero
    Leonidas of Sparta, Constantine XI, Hampsicoras of Cornus (Sardinian Hero)
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,657
    Given: 332

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Acubens View Post
    Sardinians aren't darker than South Italians imo. The ones I've seen were on the same spectrum. But you hardly find Sardinians like Abate or Eva Riccobono, blonde and blue eyed South Italians. The average is similar, the difference is that South Italians are more phenotypically varied, with more northern looking people and more MENA looking types. Sardinians are more uniformly Mediterranid.

The guy who said Sardinians are like Northern Italians never visited Northern Italy or Sardinia lol. Sardinians and North Italians look nothing alike.
    You can also find blonde and blue eyed Sardinians like those you mentioned, it's not the commonest phenotype, but it's present (expecially in the central and northern areas of the island). The Sardinian's phenotype can be very diverse throughout the territory and also within the same families.

Classify these three Sardinian sisters with different look, they live in a village of north-western Sardinia, 20km from me :

Spoiler!
    Non Auro, Sed Ferro, Recuperanda Est Patria (Not by Gold, But by Iron, Is the Nation to be Recovered) - Marcus Furius Camillus (Roman General)

Last Online
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italic-Illyrian-Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Ancestry
    Italics and Greeks (Greek-Roman roots)
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Apulia
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-mediterranid
    Hero
    Leonidas
    Religion
    Jupiter and Zeus
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 433
    Given: 88

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mens-Sarda View Post
    To my eyes it looks that people like Neapolitans, Calabrians, Sicilians and southern Italians in general are a lot darker than us.
    it depends on the area, if I have to make a comparison between my area of origin (Gargano, North East Apulia) I have seen more light hair people compared to Sardinia, but if we are talking about Calabria or Sicily it is quite likely that they are darker, I would say area Sannio-Northern Puglia and Molise/Abruzzo are lighter than Sardinia but Calabria/Naples/Sicily/Basilicata and the rest of Puglia honestly i don't know, but the area between Molise and Puglia seems to be one of the areas with the highest percentage of yamanya according to haak et al, so I don't know
    Distribution-of-the-Yamnaya-genetic-component-in-the-populations-of-Europe-data-taken (11).png
    My dna confirm this
    Target: Kenshiro_scaled
    Distance: 2.1457% / 0.02145706
    40.2 TUR_Barcin_N
    32.0 Yamnaya_RUS_Samara
    18.8 TUR_Tepecik_Ciftlik_N
    4.4 Kura-Araxes_ARM_Kaps
    2.4 IRN_Ganj_Dareh_N
    1.2 WHG
    0.6 MAR_Taforalt
    0.2 Jarawa
    0.2 Nganassan
    For me 99% of Sardinians can easily pass through Italy, especially in the central-south, also because Berid, Gracile med and Atlanto-med phenotypes are present also in Italy
    Sardinia is a beautiful land, I am totally falling in love with its history and its ancient mythology, truly beautiful land and beautiful people
    Last edited by Kenshiro; 05-14-2024 at 09:38 AM.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread Information