Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Why do the English pass better in the Isles than anywhere else?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 03:23 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,600
    Given: 6,003

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
    I had a Albanian friend who looked like a splitting image of Ramsey. My point was, he specifically looks Welsh within the isles. I can't see him as a irishman or a Englishman. I would assume he would be mixed( that doesn't mean he looks mixed, I'm just saying I'm not used to his type in England)
    You live in London so your perspective might be that a darker white person is mixed which usually is the case as ethnically fully British people in London especially under 50s are probably only about 10-20% of the population.

Nazi-UFO Alien
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 07:18 AM
    Ethnicity
    Futuristic Space Gyppo Overlord
    Ancestry
    Multieverything
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Politics
    Hardliner, Law & Order, Clerical-Fascism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,586
    Given: 59,468

0 Not allowed!

I think the other modern british isles populations do have germanic and norse admixtures too making them being similar in terms of admixtures
    The Roma spirit, free and strong, In every heartbeat, in every song.
    Through fields and forests, roads unplanned, They roam the world, a nomad band. Beautiful women, heroic men, In the Roma, life’s magic begins again.

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep." (John 10:10-11)

Quote Originally Posted by tropicalslavic View Post
    As a woman I find those pretty curly haired tan Mediterranean men with muscular asses hard enough to resist. I can't imagine how much worse this would be if I was a man.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    06-20-2024 @ 12:48 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Whatever
    Ethnicity
    NW European
    Ancestry
    Irish, English
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Ontario
    Taxonomy
    Kelto-Borreby
    Politics
    Radical Pragmatist
    Hero
    Phil Collins, Gene Hackman, Neil Armstrong, Steve Lukather, Robert Palmer, Ron Paul, Steve Winwood
    Religion
    Music
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 113
    Given: 1,329

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
    From a football perspective, Aaron Ramsay( former arsenal player) looks distinctively welsh . He doesn't look English. Not even a little . Someone like Aaron Ramsdale or Jordan Pickford are uniquely English. Cannot be anything else but English. Someone like Kieran Tierney or Andrew Robertson look uniquely Scottish. Cannot be anything other than Scottish imo. What do you think?

Just to make it clear when I say uniquely, I mean within the spectrum of the British isles. For instance Im well aware that Ramsdale can pass in Finland or Norway, however he doesn't pass as anything but English within the isles.
    Ramsey finds it easier to pass as English than say Shane Williams, but he still would look rather atypical; he is pretty gracile, though, and that definitely helps him pass in England. Using the football team is a godawful example, though; most of them have some kind of English 'connection'. It wasn't until recently when Wales was a real outlier for a northern European country with football as a very fringe sport and with the vast majority of the country being infatuated with Rugby. But the tables have definitely turned. On a similar note, personally I think Kieran Tierney passes flawlessly as English (very pan English/Scottish look). Robertson looks Scottish AF, ofc. I think Apricity is unanimous in that opinion, hahaha.
    I would say these guys look more distinctly 'Welsh' than Ramsey (concerning the part of Wales he is from and his surname there is no doubt he has at least some English ancestry). All of these guys would have trouble passing as English, IMHO.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    100% Northwest European and Flemish
    Ancestry
    From Flanders ( Koninkjrik België )
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R1a - L664
    mtDNA
    n/a
    Taxonomy
    60% Borreby with strong 40% Keltic Nordid admixture
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,208
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver109 View Post
    Aaron Ramsay looks generic west Euro, if you saw him eating in a cafe in Cardiff or Ipswich or in Paris or Brussels you wouldn't think he was not from there. Ramsdale can pass as Welsh, plenty of blondes in Wales, Pickford looks more English, has a really long head and looks typical of NE england especially.
    According to your statement, Ramsdale may pass in Wales, right? Oh well, just to let you know that he will pass unnoticed in Scandinavia (notably Denmark!), but also in parts of Germany, the Netherlands and Flanders (België). When I see him, I remember the goalkeeper legend from Denmark Peter Schmeichel. He might be a descendant of the Anglo-Saxon or Danish invaders. I guess there are probably many Welsh based on your statement who look like that.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R1a - L664
    mtDNA
    n/a
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Watersater79 View Post
    Ramsey finds it easier to pass as English than say Shane Williams, but he still would look rather atypical; he is pretty gracile, though, and that definitely helps him pass in England. Using the football team is a godawful example, though; most of them have some kind of English 'connection'. It wasn't until recently when Wales was a real outlier for a northern European country with football as a very fringe sport and with the vast majority of the country being infatuated with Rugby. But the tables have definitely turned. On a similar note, personally I think Kieran Tierney passes flawlessly as English (very pan English/Scottish look). Robertson looks Scottish AF, ofc. I think Apricity is unanimous in that opinion, hahaha.
    I would say these guys look more distinctly 'Welsh' than Ramsey (concerning the part of Wales he is from and his surname there is no doubt he has at least some English ancestry). All of these guys would have trouble passing as English, IMHO.

I agree that they look stereotypically Welsh. The majority of Welsh folks don’t look like that though.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:27 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    G
    Ethnicity
    Zangi
    Ancestry
    ევროპელების დედ&
    Country
    Vatican City
    Y-DNA
    ევროპელების დედ&
    mtDNA
    აფსუების დედის ტ
    Politics
    ნაცების დედშვც
    Hero
    haniball
    Religion
    pravaslavni
    Relationship Status
    რავი აბა ვერავნი
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 689
    Given: 1,181

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Septentrion View Post
    I agree that they look stereotypically Welsh. The majority of Welsh folks don’t look like that though.
    they look like irish to me more than welsh. they are darkers look like meds .welsh are much lighter than irish people and blonder .

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R1a - L664
    mtDNA
    n/a
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by interes View Post
    they look like irish to me more than welsh. they are darkers look like meds .welsh are much lighter than irish people and blonder .
    Oh really? Not to me though. Irish Mediterranean? What? Well, in terms of the frequency of blonde hair, the Irish about the same, or it’s slightly higher amongst the Irish. With ginger hair and freckling slightly more common amongst the Irish. Blue or light eyes are obviously more common in Ireland than in Wales. To dispel your Mediterranean myths about Ireland. The 2012 GWAS study of pigmentation in Four European countries (Ireland, Italy, Poland and Portugal) shows clearly the Irish to be lighter - skinned , lighter - haired and lighter - eyed than the Italians, Portuguese and Polish. Mediterranean populations of Europe such as the Spanish, Portuguese, Southern French, Italians, Bulgarians, Greeks, Albanians, Romanians are all darker as a whole than the Irish.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:27 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    G
    Ethnicity
    Zangi
    Ancestry
    ევროპელების დედ&
    Country
    Vatican City
    Y-DNA
    ევროპელების დედ&
    mtDNA
    აფსუების დედის ტ
    Politics
    ნაცების დედშვც
    Hero
    haniball
    Religion
    pravaslavni
    Relationship Status
    რავი აბა ვერავნი
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 689
    Given: 1,181

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Septentrion View Post
    Oh really? Not to me though. Irish Mediterranean? What? Well, in terms of the frequency of blonde hair, the Irish about the same, or it’s slightly higher amongst the Irish. With ginger hair and freckling slightly more common amongst the Irish. Blue or light eyes are obviously more common in Ireland than in Wales. To dispel your Mediterranean myths about Ireland. The 2012 GWAS study of pigmentation in Four European countries (Ireland, Italy, Poland and Portugal) shows clearly the Irish to be lighter - skinned , lighter - haired and lighter - eyed than the Italians, Portuguese and Polish. Mediterranean populations of Europe such as the Spanish, Portuguese, Southern French, Italians, Bulgarians, Greeks, Albanians, Romanians are all darker as a whole than the Irish.
    some irish look like spainard not all . hah but irish people are not lighter than polish people lol . and russians or much blonder than irish people i think . in batumi live 40 % russians i know what look like russians and i see irish people only on tv

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Whatever
    Ethnicity
    NW European
    Ancestry
    Irish, English
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Ontario
    Taxonomy
    Kelto-Borreby
    Politics
    Radical Pragmatist
    Hero
    Phil Collins, Gene Hackman, Neil Armstrong, Steve Lukather, Robert Palmer, Ron Paul, Steve Winwood
    Religion
    Music
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

What are you talking about? I chose some pale types as well. What am I missing from your point of view; I know Wales far more well than you do. Not denying there is still a great swathe of Welsh people who pass as English.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Whatever
    Ethnicity
    NW European
    Ancestry
    Irish, English
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Ontario
    Taxonomy
    Kelto-Borreby
    Politics
    Radical Pragmatist
    Hero
    Religion
    Music
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by interes View Post
    The Irish are the palest of all Europeans, but that stereotype concerning the ‘dark Welsh’ as if it’s the whole country is just that… a stereotype. I still think the Welsh are slightly ‘darker’ than the English on average, despite the all the Germanic admixture in the latter.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information