Thread: Danish forum?

Last Online
    03-22-2012 @ 03:42 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German / English
    Ancestry
    Mother's family is all German. Father's family is English since 1066; before that Norman
    Region
    Kansas
    Politics
    Nietzsche
    Religion
    Ćsir
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ulex View Post
    I am a Danish member of 'nordisk' and I can recommend it. The Danish section, however, is rather dull; only a few post and there is long time between them. The Swedish section is much more interesting, and they have some good contributers. Oskerei and Autonom are some of my favourite Swedes. Among the Danish posters I can recommend Skjalm46; his postings are rare, however, but definately worth reading.

Swedish and Danish grammar is identical, so all you have to do is to google-translate, and you will have the Swedish texts in fully understandable Danish.

A Danish nationalist movement, Danmarks Nationale Front, has its own forum here: http://www.danmarksnationalefront.dk/ . I can't recommend it though. It is mostly activists writing one-line messages to eachother. They are not going to challenge your intelligence.

If you are interested in nationalist blogs, there are two, I can recommend: http://www.uriasposten.net/ and http://junikredsen.wordpress.com/ . The first one is an islamofobic, highly media- and government sceptical blog. I read it everyday, even though I don't agree with it's pro capitalist and conservative attitude. The second one is covering the activities of the extreme left and is a valuable tool for anyone who deals with leftist terror of opinion.

A few words about Scandinavian debating and forum culture:

The Swedes obviously love to write everything about anything. You often meet them on international fora like the Apricity. They are steady users and keep posting, and somehow they are better at writing English than other Scans. Danes and Norwegians are rarely seen at international fora, and they don't even post much in their own. Debating culture was never integrated with the danes and Norwegians. I guess they like action before talking. At least, so does this Dane.

If you were to meet Scandinavians on the net, you chose the wrong language, Hrolf Kraki. Swedish would have been better.
    Haha, I guess it would seem so. Swedish does seem to be a bit more widely spoken. I tried to take the Swedish course they offer at my university, but only the Danish course fit my schedule. However, since they are so closely related, I never have too much trouble at least reading Swedish. I just gotta use my dictionary more often!

Thanks for the tips!!

Mystic Oracle of Nordicist Purity ikki's Avatar
    Last Online
    08-27-2012 @ 05:10 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Aldebaran
    Ethnicity
    Finnswede
    Country
    Finland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hrolf Kraki View Post
    Haha, I guess it would seem so. Swedish does seem to be a bit more widely spoken. I tried to take the Swedish course they offer at my university, but only the Danish course fit my schedule. However, since they are so closely related, I never have too much trouble at least reading Swedish. I just gotta use my dictionary more often!

Thanks for the tips!!
    Just remember the hot potatoe, danish cannot be properly probnounced otherwise
    (you have to keep it in your mouth while talking)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information