Nullifier
    Hero
    John C. Calhoun
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21,108
    Given: 11,124

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Pill View Post
    An observation though. White supremacists certainly existed. I cannot say how many are left today, but certainly they haven't disappeared altogether. However the Australian 'White only' policy or the immigration quotas in the US were not supremacist. Preserving the racial and ethnic identity of one's country is not supremacist, and I believe it is a basic right of any nation. Today Japan still has a very restrictive immigration policy and Japanese reactions to the Pope's visit shows that most of them want to keep Japan Japanese. Do you call them 'Japanese supremacists'/ 'Yellow Supremacists'...?
    When those immigration quotas (which almost entirely banned any kind of non-European migration) were instituted in the US, most Americans had a healthy belief in the superiority of their own race and I see nothing wrong with that. There is nothing wrong with white supremacy. It's justified by history.

Last Online
    03-05-2024 @ 12:08 AM
    Ethnicity
    White European
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    Ethnopluralism
    Hero
    Harold Godwinson
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 373
    Given: 193

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    When those immigration quotas (which almost entirely banned any kind of non-European migration) were instituted in the US, most Americans had a healthy belief in the superiority of their own race and I see nothing wrong with that. There is nothing wrong with white supremacy. It's justified by history.
    If for supremacy you mean like the attitude of a parent who feels that their children are the best in the world I agree. But if it is the belief that a race/ethnicity is worthier to exist and to thrive than another I don't. It's natural to care for your own family and children more than for those of a stranger. But that doesn't mean that decent people (at least according to my understanding of decency) would deny other children the same basic rights as their own. They wouldn't require, for instance, that other children should be judged differently by the law, or should be paid less for the same job. Anyway, this is not relevant to my point. Whatever the attitude of Americans in the 1920s, those immigration quotas were designed to preserve the ethnic/racial composition of the country, and that is not a question of supremacy. If somebody wants to come and live at my place and become part of my family I have any right to deny their request, whether I believe they are inferior or not.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information