View Poll Results: Hungary or the Baltics - English expat?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hungary

3 60.00%
  • Baltics

2 40.00%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Hungary or the Baltics - where should I move?

Last Online
    04-19-2023 @ 01:21 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England
    Region
    Mercia
    Y-DNA
    R1a-Z93
    Hero
    Edward I
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Creoda View Post
    You should move to another Anglosphere country, if you must move. I don't understand why you would want to live among foreigners permanently, and have your children/grandchildren grow up ethnically or culturally completely different. But whatever, it's your life.
    I was testing the waters somewhat with the Hungarians here. I visited recently and liked the country, though the attitudes which Hungarians hold towards Western foreigners from this thread suggest that I'll need to rethink. Like one of the chaps said, my being an immigrant there would apparently be the equivalent of an African living in Hungary. I was not aware of this so perhaps these insuperable differences of culture and blood make settlement impossible. I think the Anglosphere is simply too expensive to live, especially for purchasing a house, and there isn't a single country in the Anglosphere not being replaced demographically and being subverted by crazed policies, medical tyranny etc. Stay in England? Cheapest houses are the most ethnically diverse = suicide; poorer white areas are being filled with foreigners from cities & still overpriced; Aus & Nz likewise and Canada a no-go zone.

I liked the comments from the Argentinian and Brazilian regards location and the longing for freedom. Alas.

Last Online
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Zoomer
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,330
    Given: 9,886

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Feiichy View Post
    Not really. Idk in which film Blondie is. Many Hungarians consider themselves part of west (which they have been historically ofc) and look down on their eastern and southern neighbours.
    Anti-western minority in Hungary is pretty fringe group from my experience.

Hungary isn't Serbia or Russia with orthodox background.
    Hungary has changed a lot in the last 10 years. These hungarian right wingers who were anti-russian in 2010 (because of 1956, 1848 etc), now they are über pro-russian, and you can see it everywhere. I can post tons of such video or forum, the problem is you cant speak hungarian and you would not understand it. They are all russian worshippers. I know Stears is right winger and pro-western but he is a very rare exception.

Almost only the Left is pro-western, but they doesnt exist outside of Budapest, as the last election proved it. Hungarians feel themselves closest to such east euros like poles or croats, slovaks. The reputation of Russia has never been so good like today, never in the history, unlike the reputation of West is very negative among right wingers because of Orbán's media. Watch such TV channels like M1, Hir TV, TV2 they are talking about the rotten West all the time.

You don't need to be orthodox, its not about orthodoxy, but the rotten West vs patriotic East comparison, this is how hungarians identify themselves, and Hungary is predominantly right winger.

Last Online
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Zoomer
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,330
    Given: 9,886

0 Not allowed!

Me and Kiel will buy two original ostrogothic horse to ride to Moscow to visit the Lenin's Mausoleum and Stalin's grave. We will bring a red rose to them. And after that Patriarch Kirill will bless us.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by luckyjim View Post
    I was testing the waters somewhat with the Hungarians here. I visited recently and liked the country, though the attitudes which Hungarians hold towards Western foreigners from this thread suggest that I'll need to rethink. Like one of the chaps said, my being an immigrant there would apparently be the equivalent of an African living in Hungary. I was not aware of this so perhaps these insuperable differences of culture and blood make settlement impossible. I think the Anglosphere is simply too expensive to live, especially for purchasing a house, and there isn't a single country in the Anglosphere not being replaced demographically and being subverted by crazed policies, medical tyranny etc. Stay in England? Cheapest houses are the most ethnically diverse = suicide; poorer white areas are being filled with foreigners from cities & still overpriced; Aus & Nz likewise and Canada a no-go zone.

I liked the comments from the Argentinian and Brazilian regards location and the longing for freedom. Alas.
    Prepare to live near Gypsies if you are looking for cheap housing in Hungary, especially in Budapest.

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,000
    Given: 12,788

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by luckyjim View Post
    This is self-perception of course: I feel more comfortable around people who look like myself. Please explain why I do not think things through.
    1) neither group looks like you and if they did you don't speak the languages of these nations and your children will have to learn a new language to be able to get on with the other children. Most likely they'll have trouble with other kids because they're outsiders.

2) they're both culturally different from you. They'll see you as an eccentric foreigner, which wouldn't matter if you were on your own but matters in that you have a family that needs to build relationships.

3) you have not talked about what type of work you would do to pay the bills.

This is so retarded that I assume you're trolling. I can understand if you were offered a high paying job in one of these countries but that's not the case.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    North Occipitalian
    Ethnicity
    polenta
    Ancestry
    Triveneto and Lombardia
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Santa Catarina
    Hero
    JamesBond007, Roberto Baggio
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,002
    Given: 1,852

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Firenna View Post
    You're the exception to the rule then. >95% of people who did the same as your ancestors are now mongrels and/or have a lower standard of living than the average Giovanni.
    The only thing that may have benefited you is that your family is in Brasil for many generations so wealth accumulated, but this doesn't happen with a recent immigrant who has to start over from 0.
    I understand why you'd think that as most of the Italian descendants who go back are indeed mixed, come mostly from bigger cities where it is bound to happen with any race, and honestly most Brazilian tourists and expats I know are a shame to the country.

The thing is that South Brazil, where I come from, is a different thing both demographically and economically than Sao Paulo or Rio de Janeiro. If you take a look at most of agricultural property, industry and commerce in South Brazil, it is ran by either Italian or German descendants. And when I talk about proper material wealth I don't mean only being able to consume. In case of an event/spook such as Covid, who will live a better life? A farmer with a plot of land and a plantation to his name, a business owner that will sell stuff no matter what happens, someone in hard industry such as construction and machinery or a service worker in a big town in Italy?

Even though Italian and German immigrants mixed like crazy, they are also a big part of local elites, and in many places are more numerous than Portuguese descendants. We only assimilated properly after violent repression to language and culture in WWII, generations born until the 70's still speak Italian languages.

And honestly while I'm very proud of the culture of Italian diaspora, I don't want to go back to Italy (also know I am not welcome), and don't even have the idea of endogamy as we are indeed a tiny community.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007
    I got the spaghetti nigger blues I got the spaghetti nigger blues from the top of my hat to the bottom of my cowboy shoes. What kind of Catholic barbaric black art voodoo pills do you prescribe mister Dago ?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    North Occipitalian
    Ethnicity
    polenta
    Ancestry
    Triveneto and Lombardia
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Santa Catarina
    Hero
    JamesBond007, Roberto Baggio
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,002
    Given: 1,852

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vandor View Post
    People may be against immigration of exact groups of people. For example, lots of Serbians dislike refugees, just like Russians dislike middle Asian migrants. But both are ok with when Serbs live in Russia and Russians live in Serbia. And so on.

Alien cultures, religions are considered to be targeted by those who are against immigration, for example, hardcore anti immigrant Russians welcomed migration of Boer families from south Africa to Krasnodar region, they were warmly welcomed. Just like most of European, American, white or Christian families who move there privately, or some groups.
    I could even say I'm pro-migration. What I'm against is overpopulating hordes of skilless people, as it has been happening often in Europe. Haitian and Venezuelan immigrants in my region are nice, hardworking people who never bother anyone. But if they start to come in thousands, live in ghettos and avoid working, we're screwed.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007
    I got the spaghetti nigger blues I got the spaghetti nigger blues from the top of my hat to the bottom of my cowboy shoes. What kind of Catholic barbaric black art voodoo pills do you prescribe mister Dago ?

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:00 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Alanic
    Ethnicity
    Nakh
    Country
    South-Ossetia
    Y-DNA
    J2a1b-M67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 715
    Given: 279

1 Not allowed!

in hungary you will have to learn hungarian(which would be extremely hard to learn especially for native english speakers) and accept their mentality and culture, the same goes for baltic places.. you won't stay longer than one month after moving there, you'll change your mind quickly.

Last Online
    Today @ 10:26 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,637
    Given: 4,646

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vandor View Post
    People may be against immigration of exact groups of people. For example, lots of Serbians dislike refugees, just like Russians dislike middle Asian migrants. But both are ok with when Serbs live in Russia and Russians live in Serbia. And so on.

Alien cultures, religions are considered to be targeted by those who are against immigration, for example, hardcore anti immigrant Russians welcomed migration of Boer families from south Africa to Krasnodar region, they were warmly welcomed. Just like most of European, American, white or Christian families who move there privately, or some groups.
    True.
    I know personally dozens of Serbs (several of them are my cousins) who lived or still live or who worked in Russia. All of them said they were well received. Russians who live or lived in Serbia have same experience. Most of Serbs don't even considered Russians as foreigners. In 1920s and 1930s in Belgrade lived significant number of white Russians. The city benefited from them in several aspects. Same goes for other cities/towns and in Kingdom of Yugoslavia where white Russians settled in higher number.

In Kraljevo area (central Serbia) exist small Russian colony. They came there in the last 15 years or so.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,240
    Given: 43,791

0 Not allowed!

You could use these as tools (press Explore Data under the Ethnicity block to get info per Local Authority). https://explore-education-statistics...haracteristics
    https://www.nomisweb.co.uk/query/con...=7&subcomp=130

Even in the Midlands, there is an immense difference between the cities and the small towns/rural areas. Astonishing as this might sound, there are still quite a few schools in Leicestershire, Rutland, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire and the more rural counties of the West Midlands (Worcestershire, Shropshire, Herefordshire and even some parts of Staffordshire and Warwickshire) which are 90%+ White.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information