H
    Politics
    oh look. the curve is flattening.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,431
    Given: 241

0 Not allowed!

Default Artificial sweeteners increase diabetes risk by up to 500%

Artificial sweeteners linked to metabolic syndrome; increases diabetes risk by up to 500%
    Sunday, April 15, 2018

Have you ever noticed how many overweight people drink diet soda or add low calorie sweeteners to their tea and coffee? Corporate propaganda tells overweight and obese people who are trying hard to lose weight – or who at the very least are trying not to gain more weight – that artificial sweeteners are the healthiest possible option. Many obediently and diligently skip sugar, convinced that they are making the best choice. Unfortunately, several studies have confirmed that this simply is not true.

The latest such study, conducted by researchers from George Washington University in Washington, D.C., and presented in March at the 100th annual meeting of the Endocrine Society in Chicago, Illinois, found a close link between the consumption of artificial sweeteners and metabolic syndrome.

The group of conditions known as metabolic syndrome is diagnosed when a person exhibits insulin resistance, elevated “bad” cholesterol levels, high blood pressure, and an increased risk of blood clots. It is usually diagnosed in people who are overweight or obese and who carry a lot of weight around their bellies. Also known as dysmetabolic syndrome, insulin resistance syndrome or syndrome X, metabolic syndrome causes an elevated risk of cardiovascular disease, heart attacks and strokes. It also raises the risk of developing diabetes by between three and five times (300% to 500% relative risk increase).

“Our stem cell-based studies indicate that low-calorie sweeteners promote additional fat accumulation within cells compared with cells not exposed to these substances, in a dose-dependent fashion — meaning that as the dose of sucralose is increased more cells showed increased fat droplet accumulation,” said Sabyasachi Sen, an associate professor of Medicine at George Washington University in Washington, D.C. “This most likely occurs by increasing glucose entry into cells through increased activity of genes called glucose transporters,” as reported by Science Daily.

The research team exposed stem cells, which are cells that can change into bone, cartilage or mature fat cells, to a type of artificial sweetener called sucralose. These were then placed in petri dishes for 12 days in an environment that would promote obesity.

Science Daily reported:

At a 0.2-millimolar sucralose dose similar to the concentration found in the blood of people with high consumption of low-calorie sweeteners — equal to four cans of diet soda per day — the researchers said they observed increased expression of genes that are markers of fat production and inflammation.

When the researchers studied human fat cells from the abdominal fat of 18 study participants who regularly consumed artificial sweeteners – four of whom were of normal weight while 14 were obese – they found similar genetic changes that caused increased sugar (glucose) transport into the cells of the obese participants. They also detected an overproduction of fat producing genes in these participants, though little change was detected in those who were at a healthy weight.

This is not the first study to link artificial sweeteners to an increased risk of diabetes. Back in 2016, researchers from the Weizmann Institute of Science in Israel found the same link when exposing mice to water spiked with saccharin, aspartame or sucralose for 11 weeks.

Natural News reported:

Mice had “abnormally high glucose levels in their blood after eating.” This glucose metabolism spike happened in just five weeks and is considered the hallmark of diabetes. Saccharin (a.k.a. Sweet’N Low) was the quickest contributor to high blood glucose levels, so the researchers zeroed in on it. Also, it appears to have the same effect, regardless of whether the mice were lean or overweight.

The truth is, there is no quick fix; there are no shortcuts; there are no pills, shakes, or diet sweeteners that will magically melt away fat and make you healthy. It takes exercise and eating the right foods to lose weight permanently in a way that promotes long-term health.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ar-Rum, Ottoman, Byzantine
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Ancestry
    25% N.Macedonian, 25% Albanian + 50% Dalmatia Slavic mixed Vlach
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Y-DNA
    I2
    mtDNA
    H28
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + Pontid
    Politics
    Neo-Ottomanism
    Hero
    Tzepeles Komnenos, Mehmed II
    Religion
    Ottoman Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,216
    Given: 5,754

0 Not allowed!

I've stopped drinking coffee last year.

The majority of sugar comes from Coffee!

Do not drink coffee

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-08-2022 @ 01:35 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo American
    Ancestry
    Anglo/German/Dutch/Norse American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Oregon
    Y-DNA
    E-V12
    mtDNA
    T2f1
    Politics
    Right
    Hero
    Evola
    Religion
    Traditionalist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23,081
    Given: 56,859

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bosniensis View Post
    I've stopped drinking coffee last year.

The majority of sugar comes from Coffee!

Do not drink coffee
    How are you drinking your coffee.. like a Starbucks drink? Black coffee has no calories, but it is still good to go without caffeine.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ar-Rum, Ottoman, Byzantine
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Ancestry
    25% N.Macedonian, 25% Albanian + 50% Dalmatia Slavic mixed Vlach
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Y-DNA
    I2
    mtDNA
    H28
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + Pontid
    Politics
    Neo-Ottomanism
    Hero
    Tzepeles Komnenos, Mehmed II
    Religion
    Ottoman Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,216
    Given: 5,754

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Oneeye View Post
    How are you drinking your coffee.. like a Starbucks drink? Black coffee has no calories, but it is still good to go without caffeine.
    I've replaced caffeine with theine

I've tried saxon tea with milk and it's great.

Last Online
    06-21-2023 @ 09:57 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Bosnian
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Country
    Somaliland
    Region
    Bosnia
    Politics
    TITOV SDP! 15 kila speed-a & Bakir's sunglasses
    Hero
    Gavrilo Princip, Mehmed Mehmedbašić, Roza Papo
    Religion
    Judaism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,463
    Given: 725

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bosniensis View Post
    I've replaced caffeine with theine

I've tried saxon tea with milk and it's great.
    Tea is such a Turk drink.

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:20 AM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,561
    Given: 27,897

1 Not allowed!

I'm aware that aspartame causes cancer and diarrhoea so I've always avoided artificial sweeteners. Also too much fruit causes diabetes and tooth decay and tooth loss;- as fruit is so high in fructose sugars.

My friend said his father has always eaten healthily - but was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes after clogging his system and messing his blood up by putting too many grapes inside his body each day for years which are high in natural sugar (fructose.)

People often treat their car engines and phones better than caring for their body engine. You don't see people filling their cars engines and phones with damaging substances... even though spare car parts and replacement phones can easily be found.

Yet people are happy to fill their bloodstream and organs with harmful junk;- yet spare body parts aren't so easy to come across when the bodily system breaks down.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 04-17-2018 at 08:00 PM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:20 AM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,561
    Given: 27,897

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gold-Shekel View Post
    Tea is such a Turk drink.
    Never heard of Turkish tea... but everyone's heard of Turkish coffee.

I never drink anything containing caffeine as it's the no.1 killer drug in the world, and is very bad for the teeth, breath, bones, skin and hair, etc, like alcohol, strong sunlight and cigarettes are very destructive to the skin, brain, teeth, hair and nails.

Caffeine drains calcium from the bones and teeth, causes discoloured and stained teeth, is a diurectic that drains water from the skin, and it also drains B vitamins from the hair and nails. It causes high blood pressure and it doesn't enable the liver organ to clean and flush the body daily for a bright and glowing complexion.

I like English and Japanese natural herbal teas, but mostly drink filtered water each day as I like to take good care of my skin, hair, nails and health. (Our bodies consist of mostly water.)
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 04-17-2018 at 07:47 PM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Last Online
    01-10-2019 @ 02:04 PM
    Ethnicity
    Shqiptar
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    J2b2-L283
    Hero
    MrMalus
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,957
    Given: 7,024

1 Not allowed!

Drink coffee in its pure form.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-24-2021 @ 05:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Politics
    Neo-liberal
    Hero
    Sikeliot
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,258
    Given: 3,510

0 Not allowed!

only diabetes? What about cancer and other dangerous deseases? I would say even more.

Always prefer natural products. I know that f**** daily routine has turned most of the people to pig-like junk food consumers, but we deserve to live like humans

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-24-2021 @ 05:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Politics
    Neo-liberal
    Hero
    Sikeliot
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,258
    Given: 3,510

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    Never heard of Turkish tea... but everyone's heard of Turkish coffee.

I never drink anything containing caffeine as it's the no.1 killer drug in the world, and is very bad for the teeth, breath, bones, skin and hair, etc, like alcohol, strong sunlight and cigarettes are very destructive to the skin, brain, teeth, hair and nails.

Caffeine drains calcium from the bones and teeth, causes discoloured and stained teeth, is a diurectic that drains water from the skin, and it also drains B vitamins from the hair and nails. It causes high blood pressure and it doesn't enable the liver organ to clean and flush the body daily for a bright and glowing complexion.

I like English and Japanese natural herbal teas, but mostly drink filtered water each day as I like to take good care of my skin, hair, nails and health. (Our bodies consist of mostly water.)
    I also do not consume coffee, but can you provide us some sources saying that caffeine is.. Killer?

thaks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information