Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,517
    Given: 913

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    No Kurdistan name on that map. There never was such a state as Kurdistan. More likely there was a state called persia, which just had a lot of settlers that moved westwards and later called themselves kurds
    Kurdistan on that map is called Corduene, which is the native name meaning 'land of Cords (Kurds).'

Also search Mahmud Al Kashgari and you will see a map from the 11th century showing an 'Ard Al Akrad' next to Syria and Iraq (clearly creating a historic base for a Kurdish country). It is one of the most ancient maps of Kurds that I've come across so far.

Kurds are not Persians who migrated west, this idea is favoured by racist Assadists and also Persian fascists who try to decredit our struggle. Turks and other Arabs also created similar theories. None of these are true. Kurds are descended from the mountaineers of Zagros and Upper Mesopotamia, particularly the Hurrians and their affiliated tribes.

Master of mathematics
    Last Online
    01-09-2021 @ 04:10 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    North Rhine
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 400
    Given: 309

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Halgurd View Post
    Kurdistan on that map is called Corduene, which is the native name meaning 'land of Cords (Kurds).'
    Wrong. "It is mentioned as Beth Qardu in Syriac sources and is described as a small vassal state between Armenia and Persia in the mountainous area south of Lake Van in modern Turkey" It was a small persian vassal state, meaning it was a persian colony in turkish lands. Back then only the gutian people lived there (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corduene#Origins)

Kurds are not Persians who migrated west
    Ok, I only want to search truth, so tell me, how else did the kurds come there, if not from the persians, which language is practically identical to the kurdish language. This even serves as a proof kurds are just persian settlers. Or can you show they are not related to persians?

Last Online
    03-26-2020 @ 09:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Kurdish
    Ancestry
    Chalcolithic Iran, Medes, Parthians, Persians
    Country
    Iran
    Y-DNA
    J-M267
    mtDNA
    L3d1-5
    Taxonomy
    West Asian / Med
    Hero
    Böri the Tocharian ginger
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,165
    Given: 10,233

1 Not allowed!

Wrong. "It is mentioned as Beth Qardu in Syriac sources and is described as a small vassal state between Armenia and Persia in the mountainous area south of Lake Van in modern Turkey" It was a small persian vassal state, meaning it was a persian colony in turkish lands. Back then only the gutian people lived there (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corduene#Origins)

Ok, I only want to search truth, so tell me, how else did the kurds come there, if not from the persians, which language is practically identical to the kurdish language. This even serves as a proof kurds are just persian settlers. Or can you show they are not related to persians?
    Kurds are not Persian, where do you lunatics get this shit from?

Kurds are most likely a result of Medes tribes and Parthians settling along the Zagros Mountains from Iran all the way to modern Turkey, they had a different dialect to their Persian relatives, although similarities occur, a Kurdish person cannot understand a Persian by speaking his native language.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-22-2022 @ 11:17 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Egyptian
    Ethnicity
    Egyptian
    Ancestry
    Egypt
    Country
    Egypt
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,181
    Given: 1,363

0 Not allowed!

Ironic since you're from Egypt, and your country's character is owed to a Kurd (Salahaddin).

Nonetheless search Mahmud Al Kashgari and you will see a map from the 11th century showing an 'Ard Al Akrad' next to Syria and Iraq (clearly creating a historic base for a Kurdish country). It is the most ancient map of Kurds that I've come across so far.

Al Kashgari was also a Turk so it's quite ironic when Turks reject our existence.
    my country character owed to a kurd (salah el din)? first of all the identity of salah el din is controversial, even some sources suggest he is of armenian roots not kurd, he didn't speak kurd in Egypt, he didn't lead a kurdish army (but Egyptian Syrian army), he didn't say hey let's put kurdish language as the formal language in Egypt.

Last Online
    10-19-2017 @ 04:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gambler
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 149
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Do Kurds have any interest in their Iranian/Iranic meta-ethnicity? pro-Iranian or anti-Iranian?

And if Iraqi Kurdistan become an independent country, the next targets are Syria, Turkey and Iran (Greater Kurdistan)?

Last Online
    01-18-2024 @ 05:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    KRD
    Ancestry
    Karda | Kurtî | Kardox | Corduene | Kartawaye
    Country
    Saudi-Arabia
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

What's your point? Beth Qardu is the Syriac name given to it, Corduene was its native name as I said. In modern day Kurdish it would be called 'Kurdan' meaning 'land of Kurds', similar to the Kurdish principality called 'Soran' which meant 'land of red'. What Turkish lands? Turks didn't even exist in the Near East back then.

Kurdish is not identical to Persian.

1. Kurdish dialects have gender, Persian does not.
    2. Kurdish is considered a North Western Iranic language, Persian is considered South Western.
    3. Kurdish is agglutinative, Persian is not.
    4. Vocabulary wise Kurdish is very different as well, as many words in our language come from non Iranic sources such as the Hurrians and other Upper Mesopotamians.
    5. Kurdish is much more diverse which is a result of Kurdistan's geography. There are 4-5 different dialects and each dialect has sub dialects. This itself is proof of the Kurds nativity, as this diversity is only possible through thousands of years of geographic isolation between Kurdish clans (mountains). In Germany it used to be similar between the German people who had different dialects until certain reforms that began in the 18th/19th century that united the dialects.

It's true, Kurdish and Farsi are linguistically close but they are not the same. Besides, you are the one making such a claim so it would be upon you to prove it.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    KRD
    Ancestry
    Country
    Saudi-Arabia
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Egyptian View Post
    my country character owed to a kurd (salah el din)? first of all the identity of salah el din is controversial, even some sources suggest he is of armenian roots not kurd, he didn't speak kurd in Egypt, he didn't lead a kurdish army (but Egyptian Syrian army), he didn't say hey let's put kurdish language as the formal language in Egypt.
    Salahaddin was a Kurd whose family was from the Armenian city of Dvin, but was born in Tikrit after his village was attacked by Turks. His generals and army actually consisted of many Kurds, and there were many internal disputes between the Turks and Kurds in his army. The reason why much of Egypt is Sunni Shafi'i today, like most Kurds, is because of Salahaddin who came from this background and spread this creed. This is also why there are many people in countries like Egypt, Lebanon and Jordan with Kurdish ancestry. His uncle was even called Shirkuh which in Kurdish means 'lion of the mountains'. I don't think it can get more obvious than that, it's an accepted fact nowadays.

It's true though, he did not do much for Kurds and I am not a fan of him. However, his very existence as a Kurd disproves what you initially said about my people. We are not Persians.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-10-2018 @ 10:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turcoman, Yörük, Manav
    Country
    Turkey
    Religion
    Death
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,840
    Given: 1,720

0 Not allowed!

Good news. I am sure you're so excited to leave Europe and move there.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    KRD
    Ancestry
    Country
    Saudi-Arabia
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Manzikert View Post
    Good news. I am sure you're so excited to leave Europe and move there.
    I'm sure the millions of Turks in Europe and America are itching to return to their glorious motherland, like that 'Anatolian Stallion' who threatens the Kurds of Kirkuk whilst living in Germany.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-10-2018 @ 10:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turcoman, Yörük, Manav
    Country
    Turkey
    Religion
    Death
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,840
    Given: 1,720

0 Not allowed!

I'm sure the millions of Turks in Europe and America are itching to return to their glorious motherland, like that 'Anatolian Stallion' who threatens the Kurds of Kirkuk whilst living in Germany.
    So if you're not going to move and live there, why are you guys so excited to have an independent country? What's the point? The situation with the Turks is not the same with yours.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information