Nordsinid/Tungid
    Hero
    Yo momma last night
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28,799
    Given: 25,904

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Domare View Post
    The Japanese are treated like light-skinned mixed people, though they are seen as a business oriented upper-middle class ethnic group. The downside is because of their cultural heritage and demographic size, a lot of people (usually White Brazilians) feel free to make demeaning and distasteful jokes against Japanese people or Asians in general. However, because the Japanese tend to be very united and run family-businesses, they have managed to "protect" themselves as a people there.
    Actually FME all types of Latinos from White to Amerindian to Black seem to think it's ok to make fun of Asians. Of course, it's not something I particularly care about as they usually don't have any power over Asians, but it's something I've noticed.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-05-2020 @ 01:19 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Scandinavian, West African, North and East African, Southern European, Native Brazilian, East Asian.
    Ethnicity
    Swedish/Brazilian
    Ancestry
    61% European, 27% Nigerian/Kenyan, 8% North African, 4% Native Brazilian.
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Stockholm
    Relationship Status
    In an open relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,178
    Given: 3,082

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    Actually FME all types of Latinos from White to Amerindian to Black seem to think it's ok to make fun of Asians. Of course, it's not something I particularly care about as they usually don't have any power over Asians, but it's something I've noticed.
    I'd say it's mostly Whites, at least in Brazil. Blacks and Pardos might feel like it's wrong making fun of others because they are constantly made fun of themselves. Whites feel too comfortable in that country to say whatever they want. But perhaps it might be a bit different in other Latin American countries.

Last Online
    11-16-2020 @ 11:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    :....:
    Country
    Bhutan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,663
    Given: 2,177

1 Not allowed!

If he think he has Filipino's soul, he should be respected like that.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-16-2021 @ 04:36 AM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Ancestry
    N/A
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Georgia
    Y-DNA
    R1b1a2a1a2c R1b-M529 (R1b-L459)
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,508
    Given: 1,800

1 Not allowed!

Last Online
    03-02-2024 @ 11:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo neogrecous
    Ethnicity
    Yes
    Country
    Japan
    Region
    Acadia
    mtDNA
    H
    Politics
    oh look. the curve is flattening.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,431
    Given: 241

1 Not allowed!

Attention drama queen

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Judane
    Ancestry
    Jewish and Danish
    Country
    Denmark
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,891
    Given: 1,678

1 Not allowed!

Why is this newsworthy?
    Spoiler!

Ashlyn

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by 1R0N M4N XL View Post
    "Whenever I'm around the music, around the food, I feel like I'm in my own skin," he said. "I'd watch the history channel sometimes for hours you know whenever it came to that and you know nothing else intrigues me more but things about Filipino culture." Although Ja Du can't change the way he presents outwardly, he's embraced all aspects of his identity as it relates to the way he lives his life. He can often be found driving around his native Tampa, Fla., in a purple Tuk Tuk, a three-wheeled vehicle often used as public transportation in the Philippines.
    So he drives a tuk tuk that's very nice. The tuk tuk is Sri Lankan, Thai, or even Egyptian while the tricycle, so named as it is often a sidecar on a motorcycle, is a bit different & more typical of Philippines. So he likes the food isn't it ironic that millions of Americans like chinese food thus, in his limited mind, they've got to be transracial Chinese. And he likes the music but is that folk/traditional music or music emulating/taken from European/western society seeing as I know many Filipinos and a number enjoy non-Asatic/Philippines music.

Ultimately, as said, he's a "glitch". It is highly unlikely he can speak the language, it is rather unlikely he knows anything about the culture, beliefs, religion, etc. beyond whatever rubbish he watches on television, and I wouldn't be surprised if he went to the Philippines he'd last a meager couple of months.

The irony is, is I believe he said somewhere he doesn't mean any insult. He doesn't mean to appropriate their culture (don't see why he says that as he appears to know very little to nothing about it). Either way he should go ask a Filipino, one straight off the boat from the Philipines, what they think of their newfound "brother [or sister]".

Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 02:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sinid
    Ethnicity
    Han Chinese
    Ancestry
    The Celestial Empire
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    You can mtDNA this!
    Taxonomy
    Nordsinid/Tungid
    Hero
    Yo momma last night
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28,799
    Given: 25,904

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Valentine View Post
    So he drives a tuk tuk that's very nice. The tuk tuk is Sri Lankan, Thai, or even Egyptian while the tricycle, so named as it is often a sidecar on a motorcycle, is a bit different & more typical of Philippines. So he likes the food isn't it ironic that millions of Americans like chinese food thus, in his limited mind, they've got to be transracial Chinese. And he likes the music but is that folk/traditional music or music emulating/taken from European/western society seeing as I know many Filipinos and a number enjoy non-Asatic/Philippines music.

Ultimately, as said, he's a "glitch". It is highly unlikely he can speak the language, it is rather unlikely he knows anything about the culture, beliefs, religion, etc. beyond whatever rubbish he watches on television, and I wouldn't be surprised if he went to the Philippines he'd last a meager couple of months.

The irony is, is I believe he said somewhere he doesn't mean any insult. He doesn't mean to appropriate their culture (don't see why he says that as he appears to know very little to nothing about it). Either way he should go ask a Filipino, one straight off the boat from the Philipines, what they think of their newfound "brother [or sister]".
    Come to think of it, the tuk tuk is Thai. So basically this guy lives in Florida and he drives a Thai vehicle and thinks he's Filipino? What a complete fucktard.

Last Online
    12-29-2023 @ 05:26 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Philippian, Pinoy-Yorker, Luzonian
    Ethnicity
    Philo-Rican/ Filipino American/ Pacific American
    Ancestry
    Indo-Pacific
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York City
    Taxonomy
    Filipino
    Politics
    Neutral
    Hero
    God
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,524
    Given: 1,834

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia View Post
    If he think he has Filipino's soul, he should be respected like that.
    his a transsexual from florida ,that don't speak Filipino language. I don't think he have Filipino friends... he basically just watch a lot of T.V.. but his not the only .. average Filipino would probably think he is unsual or strange.. but if he is interest most of Filipinos would probably try to help him get learn. after he passes.. his in the circle. .

Quote Originally Posted by wvwvw View Post
    Attention drama queen
    Quote Originally Posted by Skjaldemjøden View Post
    Why is this newsworthy?
    because its un usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentine View Post

it's called tuk tuk as well in Philippines. the mainstream is now open to tolerance of gays.. it's also illegal to discriminate against gays..

however he would probably not welcome by hardcore catholics and attacked by muslims extremist from the south..

I don't know if he will change his mind, once he finds out the Catholics views of trans sexual.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-18-2020 @ 08:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    prehistoric peoples
    Country
    Kyrgyzstan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,839
    Given: 341

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    A glitch in the matrix, lol...

What is this world coming to?

It's either a genetically modified food, or a genetic change itself/gene mutation..that guy most likely has an OFW (Off Filipino Dillema).. I really hope that one day the scientists will invent&produce some OWD-abuse vaccine very soon, some ppl on TheApricity need it as well

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread Information