View Poll Results: Closer to:

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Northern Europeans

63 66.32%
  • Mediterranean non-Europeans

32 33.68%
Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Mediterraean Europeans culturally closer to Mediterranean non-Europeans or to Northern Europeans

Banned
    Last Online
    02-21-2024 @ 04:39 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EHG + E̶E̶F̶
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,096
    Given: 1,038

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gixajo View Post
    Baltic HGs were probably mixed EHG+WHG people, EHG and WHG , if I remember well were not mixed one with another but had a common base.

So I think they are, but I am not any expert, maybe anyone here can correct me or add more information about it.

I would look at it for sure but right now I can't.
    I don't want to brag, but I have, WHG more than the Basques.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EHG + E̶E̶F̶
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Done, the result shows the same, Basques score more WHg than baltics when EHG is added.(Except one average, althought it scores more than most of Baltics)

Yamnaya is sepparated mostly in EHG+Kura Araxes.

Spoiler!

EHG you have to remove from the list. This component has a very high proportion of mixing with WHG. EHG is a mixture of WHG and ANE. You are an EEF fraudster.

Companhia dos Leőes da Beira
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21
    mtDNA
    H15
    Religion
    Cultural Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,283
    Given: 16,958

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vjatych View Post
    EHG you have to remove from the list. This component has a very high proportion of mixing with WHG. EHG is a mixture of WHG and ANE. You are an EEF fraudster.
    The question is whether Mediterranean Europeans are culturally closer to other Northern Europeans or non-Europeans from the Mediterranean. I don't understand why you're focusing on genetics, because in general it would prove that they're closer to each other than they are to non-Europeans. There is much more genetic difference between the various Chinese or African ethnic groups than between Europeans but people are wasting their time trying to pass off the idea that there is an abysmal difference between Scandinavians and Eastern Europeans, for example.
    YDNA: R1b-L21 > DF13 > S1051 > FGC17906 > FGC17907 > FGC17866

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EHG + E̶E̶F̶
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas View Post
    The question is whether Mediterranean Europeans are culturally closer to other Northern Europeans or non-Europeans from the Mediterranean. I don't understand why you're focusing on genetics, because in general it would prove that they're closer to each other than they are to non-Europeans. There is much more genetic difference between the various Chinese or African ethnic groups than between Europeans but people are wasting their time trying to pass off the idea that there is an abysmal difference between Scandinavians and Eastern Europeans, for example.
    The Scandinavians are in the middle of the Eastern Slavs and the Portuguese. I don't consider Spain and Portugal to be Europe. You are West Asians. Don't even argue. Just come to Russia in the 90s. You'd walk a couple of blocks and get beaten up by skinheads. Pun intended- Europe is not Europe. Perhaps this North European continent should be called Russia.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21
    mtDNA
    H15
    Religion
    Cultural Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

The Scandinavians are in the middle of the Eastern Slavs and the Portuguese. I don't consider Spain and Portugal to be Europe. You are West Asians. Don't even argue. Just come to Russia in the 90s. You'd walk a couple of blocks and get beaten up by skinheads. Pun intended- Europe is not Europe. Perhaps this North European continent should be called Russia.
    It's interesting, to say the least, that a citizen of a country that has had an identity crisis since the beginning of its foundation thinks he can dictate who is or isn't European. To a dynasty founded by Scandinavians that you despise, right up to Nestor the Chronicler, who said that the Slavs descended from Japheth (one of Noah's sons), to the conception of the Third Rome ideology, to Tsar Peter I's reforms aimed at "Europeanising" his country, to Eurasianism and more recently to the latest polls that say that only a third of Russians out of resentment consider themselves European, I can only ask: why do you want to be European or perceived as one so badly? There's no need for such a deep-seated inferiority complex. But alright, keep clinging on to your "WHG" percentages.

Insufferable by many Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,289
    Given: 13,638

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by rothaer View Post
    Vjatych does actually harbour both devlish irony and humoristic skills. Potentially I could become a fan of him.

What humor? You mean since it's obviously not him on his profile picture that should mean it's not me on my profile picture?

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EHG + E̶E̶F̶
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas View Post
    It's interesting, to say the least, that a citizen of a country that has had an identity crisis since the beginning of its foundation thinks he can dictate who is or isn't European. To a dynasty founded by Scandinavians that you despise, right up to Nestor the Chronicler, who said that the Slavs descended from Japheth (one of Noah's sons), to the conception of the Third Rome ideology, to Tsar Peter I's reforms aimed at "Europeanising" his country, to Eurasianism and more recently to the latest polls that say that only a third of Russians out of resentment consider themselves European, I can only ask: why do you want to be European or perceived as one so badly? There's no need for such a deep-seated inferiority complex. But alright, keep clinging on to your "WHG" percentages.
    Why can't I consider myself a European? I look like a European, I have a Slavic mentality. I have more than half of the DNA from the pit culture. Why don't you think I'm European? The Portuguese are black. Sorry, that's my argument. Your argument is based on fictional statistics. Absolutely all ethnic Russians consider themselves Europeans.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21
    mtDNA
    H15
    Religion
    Cultural Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Why can't I consider myself a European? I look like a European, I have a Slavic mentality. I have more than half of the DNA from the pit culture. Why don't you think I'm European? The Portuguese are black. Sorry, that's my argument. Your argument is based on fictional statistics. Absolutely all ethnic Russians consider themselves Europeans.
    Nobody said you can't consider yourself European but it's not the other Europeans who say what Russians are but Russians themselves historically identifying with one side or the other (or neither side at times), depending on which Russian historical period or figure we're talking about. Since its foundation the origin of Russian geopolitical and philosophical positioning is a subject of intense debate to this day in Russian society.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,826
    Given: 21,823

1 Not allowed!

I could swear that at some point you said that Russians have no interest in being seen as Europeans. What has made you change your mind?

You are European , one type of European in the same sense that I am another type of European, and no one of us nor others other than us, represent the reference of being European with which those who are not like them must measure themselves in "Europeanness".

Except of course "for fun".

"Amicus Plato, sed magis amica veritas"

"Dimidium facti, qui coepit, habet: sapere aude, incipe."

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EHG + E̶E̶F̶
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I could swear that at some point you said that Russians have no interest in being seen as Europeans. What has made you change your mind?

You are European , one type of European in the same sense that I am another type of European, and no one of us nor others other than us, represent the reference of being European with which those who are not like them must measure themselves in "Europeanness".
    This is my personal opinion, not all Russians. I can't be responsible for all Russians. I want to be a European only if Spaniards and Portuguese stop considering themselves Europeans. You guys are black. I'm different. I'm not kidding. I was in Spain - like in Algeria. You guys are not white.

Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread Information