HV3b
    Religion
    Zoroastrianism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 389
    Given: 319

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vicente Garcia View Post
    Quadroon majority? Where the hell did you read that? Are you trolling? Santiago was indeed the most Euro admixed Dominican province (along with Santiago Rodriguez) and still is outside of the casco urbano. But no where here someone has ever claimed is quadroon on average. There are many towns on that part of the country that are not too far from quadroon though. Of course the city is more SSA than the surrounding areas because of migration and that's something I have stated myself here with my previous username. I have also stated myself that Santo Domingo has a very black working and lower class (working class and lower class combined in the capital must be like 60% of total in the city while the rest is middle class and upper). We don't whitewash the DR. Those accussations the troll is making are simply stupid.
    There were many threads on the white washing of Santiago and El Cibao on ABF, I dont think I ever saw those threads with pictures of pred SSA admixed people

I disagree that the upper class in Santo Domingo is 70% euro. That sounds more accurate for the upper middle class (both Santiago's and SD upper class are pretty similar).
    Santo Domingo has a lot of mulattos and pred SSA in its upper class

La Romana came out as the blackest Dominican city at 65% or around that. So there is no way in the world that Santo Domingo will be 60% SSA. It only looks around that % when you are on foot and ignore the rest of the city and it even depends on the area. There have been studies in and the capital's ghettos and nearly all come out in the mulatto range. I advise you to check the most recent one. The rest of your breakdown is not too bad. After Santo Domingo and Santiago all we have is a bunch of medium-size cities with a similar population btw.
    Oh cmon dude, I can literally post pictures of school students from all sectors of La Romana and its undoubtedly very black, even the private schools are very black. You are being dishonest or you are downplaying the SSA in your people. I know the famous study because it was posted on ABF, the sample size was very small and not representative
    Escuela Mercedes Laura Aguiar

23andMe
    Middle East: 50.1%
    European: 44.1%
    Amerindian: 4.3%
    South Asian: 0.8%

Last Online
    08-23-2022 @ 09:05 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mexican
    Country
    Mexico
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    HV3b
    Religion
    Zoroastrianism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 389
    Given: 319

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverKnight View Post
    No way on hell Santo Domingo is 60% SSA lmao.. At most La Romana and San Pedro is that way, also you cant judge someone's genetic component just because of the color of their skin. There are many factors that determine phenotype and skin color.
    Good thing I know how to classify and have been doing it for year
    23andMe
    Middle East: 50.1%
    European: 44.1%
    Amerindian: 4.3%
    South Asian: 0.8%

~ WHITE LIVES MATTER ~ SilverKnight's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-27-2024 @ 05:46 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Iberian & Sene-Gambian
    Ethnicity
    Dominican American
    Ancestry
    Northern Spain, Canarian, Andaluz, W. África & Taino (Amerind)
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Region
    Florida
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med + Congolid
    Politics
    Right-wing, ultra nationalism and anti-commie scum.
    Hero
    Jesus Christ, Dad, R. Trujillo, Andrew Tate, Vladimir Putin & Donald J. Trump, Loki & ♥Lily
    Religion
    Baptist - Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,670
    Given: 9,047

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Persian Otomi View Post
    Good thing I know how to classify and have been doing it for year
    Most of the blacks in the eastern regions are of haitian origin, they have for ever blanketed the demographics in those areas. I can clearly tell apart from a "black" dominican and a haitian.
    Silverknight
    "..And the angle of the sun changed it all .."

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanic Caribbean
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Ancestry
    63.08% Eurasian, 28.75% SSA, 8.18% Amerind
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Y-DNA
    R-U152
    mtDNA
    L0a2a1a
    Taxonomy
    Pardo
    Hero
    Pedro Santana, Joaquin Balaguer
    Religion
    Catholicism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,913
    Given: 4,643

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverKnight View Post
    Most of the blacks in the eastern regions are of haitian origin, they have for ever blanketed the demographics in those areas.
    Yeah, it's one of the legacies of the American sugar companies there, most notably the Gulf and Western Corporation. That's one of the reasons why I am not so gaga and Gung-Ho about Yankee influence in our country, since the social baggage called bateyes is one of their inventions. La Romana is practically a XXth century city that grew as a result of that industry, and the same goes with San Pedro (although in this one the Cubano influence on its upper class and the West Indian one on its lower one is felt more). The enclaves of truly local black folks of colonial origin are to be found in the perimeter that goes from San Cristóbal to Nizao in Baní.
    "My name is The Patriot, my fatherland is Santo Domingo, my condition is Citizen, my religion is the love of truth and justice, and my occupations are to boldly attack vice and loudly praise virtue".

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanic Caribbean
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Ancestry
    63.08% Eurasian, 28.75% SSA, 8.18% Amerind
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Y-DNA
    R-U152
    mtDNA
    L0a2a1a
    Taxonomy
    Pardo
    Hero
    Pedro Santana, Joaquin Balaguer
    Religion
    Catholicism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,913
    Given: 4,643

3 Not allowed!

Santo Domingo has a lot of mulattos and pred SSA in its upper class
    True, but it also has its fair share of 90%ters. I happen to be sharing in 23andMe with one of them (You can look him up in Instagram as thetropicalguido (Stefano Valconi Marra) if he hasnt privatized it). The man happens to score 96.1% Euro, being the grandson of Italian and Spanish inmigrants, his local link being the paternal grandma. Here is his comparison vs me:

Screenshot_20220122_094553_com.android.chrome.jpg

And his type aren't exactly unicorns, you just need to know where they hang out. Another example is the travel YTer William Ramos.

I agree with Italicus, autosomals are a better measure of a country's racial score than good ole eyeballing. Nobody would have been able to nail up my own score, for example, if they didn't know my full tree, and there are many cases like that. I am one of those 50 - 60% Euro middle class folks you mentioned, though, so you nailed that one right.
    Last edited by Andullero; 01-22-2022 at 01:36 PM.
    "My name is The Patriot, my fatherland is Santo Domingo, my condition is Citizen, my religion is the love of truth and justice, and my occupations are to boldly attack vice and loudly praise virtue".

Vicente Garcia

3 Not allowed!

There were many threads on the white washing of Santiago and El Cibao on ABF, I dont think I ever saw those threads with pictures of pred SSA admixed people
    Maybe you got that perception because most of threads there where focused in the interior towns of Santiago, La Vega, Stgo. Rodriguez, ect. and not so much in the city. But still both Bonanese and Lemba were often posting several brown and pred SSA people in different threads too. Lemba actually blackwashed the DR in ocassions, lol. But hey, on that board everybody like to whitewash to certain degree. There were a few Puerto Ricans making their island an extension of Spain o Sicily. Your own people also like to make Mexico seem like Andean Colombian saying most Mexicans were harnizos and mestizos. I saw that several times. On that board everybody was whitewashing.

Oh cmon dude, I can literally post pictures of school students from all sectors of La Romana and its undoubtedly very black, even the private schools are very black. You are being dishonest or you are downplaying the SSA in your people. I know the famous study because it was posted on ABF, the sample size was very small and not representative
    Escuela Mercedes Laura Aguiar

I was raised in La Romana. Lol. My brother and his family still lives there. It is true that is very black and even for Dominican standards (we stereotyped it as being all cocolo). But no way is going to be genetically SSA as your average AA simply because aside of the population that descents from the cocolos and the Haitians (and this is why the city is so SSA) there is the ethnic Dominican population that mulattowashes the area. Check out the study I will post. Nobody is downplaying the SSA for godsake. We Dominicans are probably the least eurocentric group on the anthroboards.
    Last edited by Vicente Garcia; 01-22-2022 at 04:30 PM.

Vicente Garcia

2 Not allowed!

I know the famous study because it was posted on ABF, the sample size was very small and not representative
    No dude, just no. The study I am talking about was made a few years ago. It was countrywide. The most euro admixed regions were undertested. It has been posted here plenty of times, lmao. Undersampled how when it was made using at least 1,000 muestras? You need to update yourself before posting on here. At the time ABF was open that study wasn't out yet. That board closed in 2016.

Look:

Mind you again that the black town were oversampled here. "SANTO DOMINGO" is actually only the Distrito Nacional before someone tries to misinform like I've seen one of your compatriots doing all over with this. The samples from the Distrito/Santo Domingo only made 4%_
    of the whole study. They were taken from students from UNIBE university which is private. Only people with 4 Dominican grandparents were tested. That university is mostly upper middle class and middle class plus the becados. You can see how it came out 70% caucasoid. It's why I disagree with you stating the upper class 70% euro. Sounds more accurate like the upper middle class at the most. Villa Mella, Cancino Adentro, Mendoza, Sabana Perdida and Las Caobas are working-class neighborhoods from Santo Domingo btw. I don't know why they did it this way but if you want to know what was the average for the whole city you will need to combined them all along with the average of "Santo Domingo" (in reality Distrito Nacional). Each place represented 4% of the study like I said. If anything the middle class was underrepresented. But okay, no study can't be perfect. I am just saying.

Vicente Garcia

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Andullero View Post
    Yeah, it's one of the legacies of the American sugar companies there, most notably the Gulf and Western Corporation. That's one of the reasons why I am not so gaga and Gung-Ho about Yankee influence in our country, since the social baggage called bateyes is one of their inventions. La Romana is practically a XXth century city that grew as a result of that industry, and the same goes with San Pedro (although in this one the Cubano influence on its upper class and the West Indian one on its lower one is felt more). The enclaves of truly local black folks of colonial origin are to be found in the perimeter that goes from San Cristóbal to Nizao in Baní.
    Oh yeah, La Romana's black population is mostly of Haitian descent assimilated today. Many being 4th generation Haitians (Dominicans at this point of course) with even Dominican souding names because their family hispanized them or simply changed it over time. You also have the fresh-off the boats ones that migrated recently and those are A LOT too. But pretty much the blacks there are a combination of cocolos and Haitian- Dominicans. You also have the black Dominicans ones of course and you can tell. I agree that Nizao, Sainagua, etc. are the truly colonial Dominican black towns. La Romana is not the uniform still. It reminds of the working class of Santo Domingo. Those pictures he is posting don't represent the city as a whole. He must be tripping. Nobody is going to tell me how that city is when I traveled there back in November.

Alexandro

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Andullero View Post
    True, but it also has its fair share of 90%ters. I happen to be sharing in 23andMe with one of them (You can look him up in Instagram as thetropicalguido (Stefano Valconi Marra) if he hasnt privatized it). The man happens to score 96.1% Euro, being the grandson of Italian and Spanish inmigrants, his local link being the paternal grandma. Here is his comparison vs me:

Screenshot_20220122_094553_com.android.chrome.jpg

And his type aren't exactly unicorns, you just need to know where they hang out. Another example is the travel YTer William Ramos.
    The people you describe like that are a minority though, and probably all of recent immigrant origin.

Dominicans are mostly mulatos/black, anything else is a minority.

Vicente Garcia

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by IberianAlex View Post
    The people you describe like that are a minority though, and probably all of recent immigrant origin.

Dominicans are mostly mulatos/black, anything else is a minority.
    He is especifically talking about a segment since Otomi mentioned the upper class. No where he is implying white Dominicans are the majority or that the DR is as white as Antioquia or Pinar del Rio.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread Information