N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Varda View Post
    In the next years much bigger problem for native Europeans will be MENA Muslim migrants than Gypsies. But I agree, Gypsies should return to India. One Gypsy activist from Serbia say that India recognized Gypsies as own diaspora few years ago.

Look this, Croatian women Tea who married for Gypsy guy Mirsad https://stranicaljubavi.blogspot.com...-hrvatica.html
    If I am not wrong she is leftist who fights for rights of migrants in Croatia.
    North Croats who were sampled in academic study came out 5% H haplogroup, and Gypsy aren't 100% H but also R1a and E-V13 etc which means maybe even more Gypsy males were sampled under North Croat identity.
    So what Commonsense speaks about isn't only Serbian problem.

I don't have problem with mixed couples though. 2 of my friends have mixed race children (one half East/SE Asian and other half Bengali), and I still love them and their kids.

Europe is changing, I accept that. But I personally would not mix with non European man and wish my kids will mix with only Europeans as well. But it will be their decision.

We are all God's children. If you are religious, you should not worry.
    I doubt Illyrians wanted to be replaced and mixed with Romans and Slavs, but it happened.

Only change is eternal.

Last Online
    Today @ 09:02 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Krajina Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    Taxonomy
    Dinaric+NeoDanubian
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,681
    Given: 11,611

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CommonSense View Post
    Many Gypsy musicians are married to Serbian women, but in places like Vojovodina even Gypsy bums can get a wife that's Serbian or Hungarian. Look at all the examples in Mortimer's family. I didn't know if they were an exception or not until I check social media profiles, and believe me those couples are waaaaaaaaaaaaay more common there than in the center of Belgrade. They also occur in other smaller Serbian towns and villages throughout the country, but not to that extent.
    Out of 29120 ethnic Serbian women who got married in 2018, it was 59 who marries with ethnic Roma men. Rate 0.2%
    Out of 29235 ethnic Serbian men who got married in 2018, it was 53 who married with ethnic Roma women. Rate 0.18%

🔴
    🔵

Target: Dušan_scaled
    Distance: 1.7521% / 0.01752098
    60.4 Slavic: RUS_Sunghir_MA
    29.8 Roman: SRB_Svilos_Krusevlje
    9.8 Byzantine: TUR_Marmara_Ilipinar_Byz2

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Krajina Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    Taxonomy
    Dinaric+NeoDanubian
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ixulescu View Post
    That is next to impossible, unless we're talking about a rich gypsy man with a high social status.

On the other hand, Balkanites marrying gypsy women actually diminishes the problem. Such mixed couples have few children and they are assimilated. In addition it increases the number of gypsy males without a partner.

Socially poor Balkanites will have to assimilate the gypsies. It is what it is. The sooner it happens the better the results. In fact, even a full assimilation that starts now, will bring probably less South Asian admixture in the Balkans than what Russians already have, for instance.

However, if we delay the assimilation of the gypsies, it is us who are going to be assimilated. Action has to happen now.
    Why should they assimilated into us?
    I tolerate existence of Gypsy minority of few percentage in total population.
    With reduced birth rate and higher hygiene behaivour.

They should stay ethnic Gypsy minority, we should stay ethnic Serbs majority, we could live next to each other.
    No mixed marriages.

Good luck Romania, with your proposals.
    🔴
    🔵

Banned
    Last Online
    04-13-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Ethnicity
    Healthy human being
    Country
    Moldova
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,506
    Given: 1,507

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CommonSense View Post
    But the outcome is likely to be a different one. Gypsies are the only ethnicity in the world, that I know of, that are so full of self-loathing that they refuse to acknoledge their ethnic identity. Not only that, many of them or their mixed descendants will take great offense if you inquire about their ancestry. It's basically taboo to ask someone if they have Gypsy ancestry, even if that person's skin is very dark.
    Now if you couple that with the fact that their birth rate is very high, while the birth rate of ethnic Serbs is abyssmal, the conclusion pretty much writes itself. By 2100 you'll have a country full of people who don't look Serbian or fully European, but who self-identify as Serbs and refuse any insinuation of having other kinds of ancestry. So, as you can see, not only will the demographics of Serbia change in that case but Serbs as an ethnicity will have been destoryed from within. The implications of that are catastrophical.

Already you have people mocking Serbs saying we're not Slavs/Europeans/whatever but Turks or Middle Easterners and posting photos of Mortimer wearing a chetnik hat as 'proof'. I shudder to think what it's going to be like when I'm old.
    Romania in a nutshell, but the last two sentences are already a reality for Romanian expats in Europe who sometimes encounter situations where local Western Euros exclaim in disbelief to find that they are Romanian. To them Romanian equals Gyspy.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-07-2022 @ 08:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Vlach, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,983
    Given: 2,435

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dušan View Post
    Why should they assimilated into us?
    I tolerate existence of Gypsy minority of few percentage in total population.
    With reduced birth rate and higher hygiene behaivour.

They should stay ethnic Gypsy minority, we should stay ethnic Serbs majority, we could live next to each other.
    No mixed marriages.

Good luck Romania, with your proposals.
    My man, only assimilated gypsies will stay a minority. If you fail to assimilate them they will become the majority.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Vlach, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ion Basescul View Post
    Romania in a nutshell, but the last two sentences are already a reality for Romanian expats in Europe who sometimes encounter situations where local Western Euros exclaim in disbelief to find that they are Romanian. To them Romanian equals Gyspy.
    Shut the fuck up gypsy. Rep of Moldova was the go-to place for the gypsy experience in the USSR.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Krajina Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    Taxonomy
    Dinaric+NeoDanubian
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ixulescu View Post
    My man, only assimilated gypsies will stay a minority. If you fail to assimilate them they will become the majority.
    If they mix with us, we will disappear as ethnicity.
    🔴
    🔵

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Vlach, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

That's incorrect. Even if we assimilate all gypsies we'll have less South Asian admixture than Russians who got a plenty from their steppe background. Think about that.

In green is the South Asian admixture, compare Russians with Balkanites, Russian have much more such admixture:

Banned
    Last Online
    04-13-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Ethnicity
    Healthy human being
    Country
    Moldova
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,506
    Given: 1,507

0 Not allowed!

In Romania the fusion is already happening. Some locals for example, on one of the Romanian forums, are asking each other if they can tell the difference between Indians vs Pakistanis or Chinese vs Vietnamese, implying that the visual differences between Romanians and Romas/Gypsies are as insignificant.

Google Translate this thread: https://forum.softpedia.com/topic/11...mi-de-straini/
    I specifically referred to this comment of Romanians talking between themselves: https://forum.softpedia.com/topic/11...#entry24663624

"
    Crbl2001, on 11 May 2019 - 18:31, said:
    This thing has already started to annoy me. The Roma from Romania who go abroad only know how to steal and beg. I have nothing to do with those who are serious, but with the lichels. The problem is that foreigners call us "Roma" "just because the real Roma come from Romania. Why is this happening?
    Do you distinguish between Pakistanis and Indians or do you put them all in the same pot? But between the Chinese and the Vietnamese? About the same with foreigners who confuse us with the Roma.
    "

Last Online
    Today @ 07:49 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,637
    Given: 4,645

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stearsolina View Post
    North Croats who were sampled in academic study came out 5% H haplogroup, and Gypsy aren't 100% H but also R1a and E-V13 etc which means maybe even more Gypsy males were sampled under North Croat identity.
    So what Commonsense speaks about isn't only Serbian problem.

I don't have problem with mixed couples though. 2 of my friends have mixed race children (one half East/SE Asian and other half Bengali), and I still love them and their kids.

Europe is changing, I accept that. But I personally would not mix with non European man and wish my kids will mix with only Europeans as well. But it will be their decision.

We are all God's children. If you are religious, you should not worry.
    I doubt Illyrians wanted to be replaced and mixed with Romans and Slavs, but it happened.

Only change is eternal.
    NW Croatians are more tolerant towards the Gypsies than other Croatians. Because of that it's more easy for Gypsies to adopt Croatian identity im NW Croatia than in other parts.
    In Međimurjr Gypsies survived WW2 due to Hungarian rule. In other parts of Croatia which were in NDH a lot of them were killed by ustashe in Jasenovac and other conc camps together with Serbs and Jews.
    Gypsies in Rijeka are imigrants from some other regions outside of Croatia in Yugo period right?

Interesting fact is non-existence of Gypsies in Dalmatia in history. They never lived in Dalmatia.
    Last edited by Varda; 12-24-2020 at 05:27 PM.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread Information