Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: White-born man claims he's 'transracial,' identifies as Filipino

Banned
    Last Online
    03-05-2020 @ 01:19 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Scandinavian, West African, North and East African, Southern European, Native Brazilian, East Asian.
    Ethnicity
    Swedish/Brazilian
    Ancestry
    61% European, 27% Nigerian/Kenyan, 8% North African, 4% Native Brazilian.
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Stockholm
    Relationship Status
    In an open relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,178
    Given: 3,082

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBedouin View Post
    From what I know it's rather the mixed Nordestinos that face most racism in Brazil, they usually have a "Mestizo" look.
    They suffer mostly because of how they speak. Mestizos are discriminated in Brazil too though. And most Northeasterners are triracials or mulattoes. It's a minority that actually looks mestizo. Mestizos are more common in the Amazon.

Last Online
    01-28-2021 @ 04:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 351
    Given: 161

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by 1R0N M4N XL View Post
    getting a plastic surery will make us that think that he is a ''FREAK''..

he doesn't need surgery to be accepted.
    <--- this guy is darker than heathers & domare.. and his accepted us ''adopted one of us'' already..

<-- this Jamaican dude is mega icon in the 70's 80's... his accepted as well. we just call them blackapino
    Lol, blackapino. I like that term.

Last Online
    01-28-2021 @ 04:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 351
    Given: 161

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    Actually FME all types of Latinos from White to Amerindian to Black seem to think it's ok to make fun of Asians. Of course, it's not something I particularly care about as they usually don't have any power over Asians, but it's something I've noticed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Domare View Post
    I'd say it's mostly Whites, at least in Brazil. Blacks and Pardos might feel like it's wrong making fun of others because they are constantly made fun of themselves. Whites feel too comfortable in that country to say whatever they want. But perhaps it might be a bit different in other Latin American countries.
    Don't know about other countries, but in Brazil there's this mentality of free-for-all or anything goes regarding making fun of other people. And this is expected from all races. So what is expected is for people to take those jokes in stride and give back as good as they get. Kind of reminds me of the scene of that movie Gran Torino, in which Clint Eastwood is teaching the young Asian boy how to behave in the barbershop he goes to. Clint and the barber trade insults a lot, calling each other ethnic names (polack, italian, etc). That's how Brazilians view these iterations. There are words for all kinds of stuff if you deviate from the "norm", and this includes words for people who are blonde (galego, alemão), pale (branco azedo), too thin, too fat and any race. It depends on tone, but most of the time people are still supposed to be friendly to each other after the name calling and act like nothing happened.

Then again, this was in Sao Paulo, where everyone knows an Asian. In other places where Asians are rare maybe the attitude is kind of similar to how rural Chinese or Japanese view white and black people, as exotic people and they think it's OK to point at them (this happened to an East Asian acquaintance of mine in Northeastern Brazil decades ago, and also to blonde Brazilian friends of mine when they visited Beijing in 2008 during the Olympics. I think the Chinese who asked to take pictures with them had never seem a blonde person before in their lives).

Oh yeah, and don't have hopes for any kind of "racial solidarity" in Brazil. I doubt it exists anywhere besides the minds of liberal people in US college (people of color, gays, women and other minorities united against the evil white men who dominates the world). I sontrgly suspect it doesn't exist in the US as well.
    Last edited by Lurker; 11-14-2017 at 06:39 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-13-2018 @ 11:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    Madison Montgomery
    Country
    Cuba
    Region
    Massachusetts
    Hero
    Valley girls giving blowjobs for Louboutins
    Relationship Status
    Dating Evan Peters
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,852
    Given: 3,187

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBedouin View Post
    From what I know it's rather the mixed Nordestinos that face most racism in Brazil, they usually have a "Mestizo" look.
    Most people here makes fun of their accent etc it doesnt matter their race or ethniicty
    racism in brazil is social, not really due to race like it was in segregation America during Jim Crows. As i already explained here
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathers View Post
    No, not even today. A black, an Indigenous, or a mixed people may be subject to prejudice for different reasons. A Negro can be this victim simply because he is black. It would be a matter of recognizing that he belongs to an inferior race. It is racism that has no way out. When in the United States blacks could not ride a bus alongside whites or use the same toilet, the discrimination was about RACE. It was as if they were letting the pigs into the house.

When in Brazil the police in the street catch a robbery and a black man and a white man run away, he is more likely to try to stop the negro, who for the policeman is more likely to be a bad guy. In this case, racism is not necessarily racial. The general notion is that blacks study less, know less, are poorer, and therefore are more inclined to crime. It's social racism.

Does this mean that racism in Brazil is less serious? No. The fact that it is a social racism is monstrous and must be fought with the same force as Martin Luther King condemned the racism of segregation in the United States. On the good side, if it is possible to use this adjective in such a terribly inhuman affair, is that because it is a much more social racism, it is easier to combat it through a cultural and political campaign.
    Also, people dont make fun in their face because discrimination/racism/xeno is illegai by our laws. In my family we make jokes sometimes about nordestinos accent but we are afraid to say it in public. I have family members that also makes fun about dark skinned blacks, yes, colorism is real here.

Ashlyn

0 Not allowed!

he hasn't done anything wrong that will deserve hate... his not rapist or anything like that..
    No, he hasn't. But that doesn't mean he won't be treated as if he is or has done something wrong by others in America, Europe and some Asiatic countries because he's an "oddity". Personally despite saying he's a glitch - more on his take of being Filipino than anything else - I couldn't careless what or who he is, how he identifies himself, etc.

majority will not bash him... even if he acts like alien, clueless..
    No they wouldn't bash him. Not to the degree he has likely experienced among his fellow Europeans. Filipinos are very adaptable. Either where they have to live (foreign countries) or in their hospitality regarding what "clowns**" come visiting. I've spent some time there with friends who invited me to come see their home.

He would confuse some of them, however, and you can't deny that. Even if only for a few months - or years. And he would be in for some cultural shock. That, to me, would be his biggest difficulty (aside from religious). He thinks he knows Filipino culture but there's a difference between knowing a culture & liking a culture.

**I have spent many years in East Asia. Relatives are born there (Japan, China). I know (and partake in practices while there or with friends here) a lot about the culture, language, religion, beliefs, etc. of my favoured country. That country is my home & I plan to retire there in due time. In many ways, nowadays I am after all more at home among East Asians than I am among Europeans & I confuse the heck out of people particularly when "fresh off the boat" [/ first few years fresh back in Europe/Canada as I get reused to European culture it's less obvious] because they expect a fellow European in mannerism, personality, etc. & not someone who is more "Asiatic" than some of the 2nd-3rd generationals around. I'm not calling myself transracial anything regardless.

and for the record where already getting used to it... there are Indians & non-Asian races in Philippines that speak better tagalog than I DO, who has Philippine passport and members of the government officials.
    I know foreigners who speak "better" English than me because they are taught RP [/school/proper] English from the start. With your foreigners in the Philippines they are likely taught the "school/proper" version & motivated to learn. Does he have that motivation?

I said before, and will say again, the concept of being Filipino is fine while living in Florida. He is surrounded by a language he speaks, by people who are similar to him, by a culture he knows, etc. On that note, if he did move where do you think he'd do better? In a city like Manila or a more remote/rural place like Lagawe?

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Scandinavian, West African, North and East African, Southern European, Native Brazilian, East Asian.
    Ethnicity
    Swedish/Brazilian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Stockholm
    Relationship Status
    In an open relationship
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Don't know about other countries, but in Brazil there's this mentality of free-for-all or anything goes regarding making fun of other people. And this is expected from all races. So what is expected is for people to take those jokes in stride and give back as good as they get. Kind of reminds me of the scene of that movie Gran Torino, in which Clint Eastwood is teaching the young Asian boy how to behave in the barbershop he goes to. Clint and the barber trade insults a lot, calling each other ethnic names (polack, italian, etc). That's how Brazilians view these iterations. There are words for all kinds of stuff if you deviate from the "norm", and this includes words for people who are blonde (galego, alemão), pale (branco azedo), too thin, too fat and any race. It depends on tone, but most of the time people are still supposed to be friendly to each other after the name calling and act like nothing happened.

Then again, this was in Sao Paulo, where everyone knows an Asian. In other places where Asians are rare maybe the attitude is kind of similar to how rural Chinese or Japanese view white and black people, as exotic people and they think it's OK to point at them (this happened to an East Asian acquaintance of mine in Northeastern Brazil decades ago, and also to blonde Brazilian friends of mine when they visited Beijing in 2008 during the Olympics. I think the Chinese who asked to take pictures with them had never seem a blonde person before in their lives).

Oh yeah, and don't have hopes for any kind of "racial solidarity" in Brazil. I doubt it exists anywhere besides the minds of liberal people in US college (people of color, gays, women and other minorities united against the evil white men who dominates the world). I sontrgly suspect it doesn't exist in the US as well.

And btw, I have hopes for myself, first and foremost. I can't do much to save others like me. Maybe the White Brazilian elite will be successful in killing off Blacks/Pardos at the end of the day, but that's not something I can do much about. I think my duty is to say the truth whenever it is possible and network with like-minded people to try to come up with solutions to the problems we face. Whatever the future may hold, at least I won't feel guilty about doing nothing.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-13-2018 @ 11:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    Madison Montgomery
    Country
    Cuba
    Region
    Massachusetts
    Hero
    Valley girls giving blowjobs for Louboutins
    Relationship Status
    Dating Evan Peters
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,852
    Given: 3,187

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Domare View Post

And btw, I have hopes for myself, first and foremost. I can't do much to save others like me. Maybe the White Brazilian elite will be successful in killing off Blacks/Pardos at the end of the day, but that's not something I can do much about. I think my duty is to say the truth whenever it is possible and network with like-minded people to try to come up with solutions to the problems we face. Whatever the future may hold, at least I won't feel guilty about doing nothing.
    These people only attacks in the internet bevause they are afraid of the laws. Also theres no such thing as killing pardos and whites here, i live in Brazil and we dont care about races to make such wars. Also whites are a minority group here, youre actong like youre in a novela Mexicana or in an American movie.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Swedish/Brazilian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Stockholm
    Relationship Status
    In an open relationship
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

These people only attacks in the internet bevause they are afraid of the laws. Also theres no such thing as killing pardos and whites here, i live in Brazil and we dont care about races to make such wars. Also whites are a minority group here, youre actong like youre in a novela Mexicana or in an American movie.
    It has been documented that the Brazilian elite wanted to exterminate Blacks and Amerindians by mixing and marginalizing them out of existence.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 01:51 AM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,211
    Given: 43,758

0 Not allowed!

MPs from Sao Paulo and Rio. Disproportionately White, but by no means entirely so: https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...e-and-contrast

Ashlyn

1 Not allowed!

Yet racism is no secret:

http://org.elon.edu/brazilmagazine/2005/article10.htm

https://blackwomenofbrazil.co/2013/0...-unemployment/

http://minorityrights.org/minorities/afro-brazilians/

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/o...815-story.html

Shall I continue with the above?

By the way, ever heard of the Figueiredo Report? It recounts how the Brazilian government "handled" Amerindians. That was purposeful cultural genocide (7,000 pages worth) regardless of how Brazilians may view it nowadays. I suggest you google it & see if you can stomach it. Some of the recountings well you'd think the "superior" people responsible were animals rather than human beings.

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread Information