Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Why are there so few atheists that actually take their philosophy seriously?

Banned
    Last Online
    02-13-2018 @ 05:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Vatican-City
    Region
    Slavonija-Baranya
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,569
    Given: 2,482

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dunai View Post
    There are plenty of Hungarian none-believers who are committed to national preservation, even if most patriots are still Traditionalists, Christian and Conservatives. However for the sake of the progress of our nation I don't see it as a beneficent path for bringing state and church more closer as the current government tries to do. Political life should be completely separate from religious beliefs of the people, that's the way to progress and prosperity, and I would put aside the failure of Communism, but more likely would take as an example the United States and Western Europe constitutions.
    Whether you like it or not ,it's necessary because the communist and pre 2010 rule left the nation and soul very sick. Degenerate materialism individualism alcoholism depression, high suicide rates high abortion rates are all symbols of a disease called militant atheism , which only now the government is trying to repair , and it will take a very long time to undo the damage.

USA and western Europe are both terrible examples of we should aim for, since that was the goal of SzDSz before they went kaput

Insufferable by many Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,269
    Given: 13,631

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Linebacker View Post
    Whats there to take seriously,there is no god,there is space,the universe and the countless answers that we don't have about it and our own existence.

Taking seriously is something religious people do,like taking man-made fairy tales like the holy books seriously.They are just about as real as fables like Hansel and Grettel.
    Take religious book aside and having just God on mind, where is your proof that there is no God?

Last Online
    03-07-2020 @ 09:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Celtic
    Ethnicity
    All over Europe
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Nordocromagnoid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 9

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Szegedist View Post
    Whether you like it or not ,it's necessary because the communist and pre 2010 rule left the nation and soul very sick. Degenerate materialism individualism alcoholism depression, high suicide rates high abortion rates are all symbols of a disease called militant atheism , which only now the government is trying to repair , and it will take a very long time to undo the damage.

USA and western Europe are both terrible examples of we should aim for, since that was the goal of SzDSz before they went kaput
    Thats the problem, militant atheism. Personal belief systems should never be enforced. Fuck the liberals that feel the need to shove atheism down everyones throats, fuck Communism.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Celtic
    Ethnicity
    All over Europe
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Nordocromagnoid
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

The bible describes God as He the father when by definition he should be all things, a shapeshifter, formless. God is Ono and the Founders from Star Trek
    Q was a god damn liar Q was Satan, always promising things and teleporting Picard and his crew right in front of a Borg cube

Banned
    Last Online
    02-23-2022 @ 01:59 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Magyar
    Ancestry
    Historic Hungary/Holy Roman Empire
    Country
    Hungary
    Y-DNA
    R-M417 (8700 ybp)
    mtDNA
    H10-a T16093C (9000 ybp)
    Politics
    Green Left
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,864
    Given: 444

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Szegedist View Post

You obviously don't know the current realities of Hungary. Where and when exactly have you seen "militant atheism" to be propagated from official state structures? It's exactly the other way around, since turning on the public radio and TV stations there is almost no voice of none-believers being allowed to speak, but on the other hand Christianity, the churches are part of everyday rhetoric on these channels. I haven't seen or heard a presentation on evolution or the Big Bang theory on Hungarian public media for years. However if you look at the programming of such television channels as the BBC in the UK or PBS in the US, there are plenty of secular shows, that have no trace of religious overtones.

On the second hand I clearly presented as constitution models for Hungary those from Western Europe, as they clearly emphasize the separation of state and church, and make no reference to religiosity, which are not applicable to reason, but to personal, subjective, skewed beliefs of people. These Western states clearly have benefited economically and socially from secularization of their societies, and as any well-intended Hungarian patriot, I would like my people to also live more prosperous lives. Religiosity has absolutely no proven role to raise prosperity and intelligence levels. For a society to work better, it needs to teach their members to think critically. State funded religious propaganda won't clear the vacuum from the Hungarian people that Communism left within them, this type of fundamentalism should never be the alternative.

Banned
    Last Online
    12-28-2023 @ 04:51 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo imaginator
    Ethnicity
    East Asian
    Ancestry
    Zhuang Ethnic
    Country
    China
    Taxonomy
    Scion of Chaos
    Politics
    Order Of Chaos
    Hero
    President Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin
    Religion
    Amun-Ra
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,048
    Given: 987

1 Not allowed!

Most atheists conceal the enormous inconsistency in their rhetorics by attacking anyone who has whatever to say that is not 100% in agreement with all their self-reighteous proclamations. Just like how Marx attacks everybody else, attack anything that get in his way, by endless attacks they promote themself as the incarnate of the absolute truth. Attack attack attack attack attack attack attack Attack attack attack attack attack attack attack Attack attack attack attack attack attack attack...................This is the way of atheismproving themself.

To me, I am not interested in theoretical debates with atheists, the more you take them seriously in the debate the more excuse they can conjure up. The problem of atheism is not God exists or not, but they force their own values onto people by endless attacking on the impalpables, God can be a scapegoat for everything and he simply does not whine and die, so people can exonerate themself forever by forever raising the issue with the Godhead. The central code of atheism can be condensed in one sentence: I am always right, because I am an atheist.

Insufferable by many Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,269
    Given: 13,631

1 Not allowed!

These Western states clearly have benefited economically and socially from secularization of their societies, and as any well-intended Hungarian patriot, I would like my people to also live more prosperous lives. Religiosity has absolutely no proven role to raise prosperity and intelligence levels. For a society to work better, it needs to teach their members to think critically. State funded religious propaganda won't clear the vacuum from the Hungarian people that Communism left within them, this type of fundamentalism should never be the alternative.
    The secularization of Western states took it real swing during the middle of the last century with believe it or not Britain among the last to enter the process of secularization. Were Western states not already powerful economically and socially and top players 120 years ago when religion played way larger role than today?

Religiosity has absolutely no proven role to raise prosperity and intelligence levels.
    Neither does secularization.
    Last edited by Insuperable; 10-24-2016 at 11:00 AM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Celtic
    Ethnicity
    All over Europe
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Nordocromagnoid
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexachordia View Post
    Most atheists conceal the enormous inconsistency in their rhetorics by attacking anyone who has whatever to say that is not 100% in agreement with all their self-reighteous proclamations. Just like how Marx attacks everybody else, attack anything that get in his way, by endless attacks they promote themself as the incarnate of the absolute truth. Attack attack attack attack attack attack attack Attack attack attack attack attack attack attack Attack attack attack attack attack attack attack...................This is the way of atheismproving themself.

To me, I am not interested in theoretical debates with atheists, the more you take them seriously in the debate the more excuse they can conjure up. The problem of atheism is not God exists or not, but they force their own values onto people by endless attacking on the impalpables, God can be a scapegoat for everything and he simply does not whine and die, so people can exonerate themself forever by forever raising the issue with the Godhead. The central code of atheism can be condensed in one sentence: I am always right, because I am an atheist.
    Same can be said of Christians and Muslims

Banned
    Last Online
    02-13-2018 @ 05:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Vatican-City
    Region
    Slavonija-Baranya
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,569
    Given: 2,482

1 Not allowed!

You obviously don't know the current realities of Hungary. Where and when exactly have you seen "militant atheism" to be propagated from official state structures? It's exactly the other way around, since turning on the public radio and TV stations there is almost no voice of none-believers being allowed to speak, but on the other hand Christianity, the churches are part of everyday rhetoric on these channels. I haven't seen or heard a presentation on evolution or the Big Bang theory on Hungarian public media for years. However if you look at the programming of such television channels as the BBC in the UK or PBS in the US, there are plenty of secular shows, that have no trace of religious overtones.

On the second hand I clearly presented as constitution models for Hungary those from Western Europe, as they clearly emphasize the separation of state and church, and make no reference to religiosity, which are not applicable to reason, but to personal, subjective, skewed beliefs of people. These Western states clearly have benefited economically and socially from secularization of their societies, and as any well-intended Hungarian patriot, I would like my people to also live more prosperous lives. Religiosity has absolutely no proven role to raise prosperity and intelligence levels. For a society to work better, it needs to teach their members to think critically. State funded religious propaganda won't clear the vacuum from the Hungarian people that Communism left within them, this type of fundamentalism should never be the alternative.
    I am not talking about today but the decades of communism and post communism. Remember the hyper liberalism of the now defunct SzDSz?
    The attempt to be "progressive " and emulate the west was economically and socially a failure to Hungary, our path is not like Britain or USA. Magyar culture is historically very conservative and we are naturally drawn to almost feudalist like systems.

Rather than trying to be like Sweden or UK we should progress on our own path, which is what the government is trying.
    Last edited by Szegedist; 10-24-2016 at 11:27 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-10-2018 @ 10:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turcoman, Yörük, Manav
    Country
    Turkey
    Religion
    Death
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,840
    Given: 1,720

0 Not allowed!

Because it's the only existence you have and according to the athetist logic, you're going to vanish when you died. So their first and only life that exists in the universe is precious and matters more compared to the muslims' perspective of life that believe this world is just a testing stage.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information