Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Eye and hair colour distribution among 2002 Bulgarians (both sexes studied) + general comment

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    me
    Country
    European Union
    Y-DNA
    R1a > YP1337 > R-BY160486*
    mtDNA
    H3*
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,243
    Given: 2,623

1 Not allowed!

Blade, I think you don't know this new work on Bulgarian racial types frequency.

Anthropological Types in Bulgarian Population around 1940 – Regional and Local Level, R. Stoev, 2016
    Institute of Experimental Morphology, Pathology and Anthropology with Museum, BAS, Sofia, Bulgaria

http://www.iempam.bas.bg/journals/ac...a23/93-101.pdf

Definition he used

Mediterranean type – height under 170, cephalic index under 81, face index over 88, dark complexion : 0.375 × 0. 475 × 0.775 × 0.625 ≈ 0.086 = 8.6%;

Pontian (Atlanto-mediterranean) type – height over 170, cephalic index under 81, face index over 88, dark and mixed complexion + height under 170, cephalic index under 81, face index over 88, mixed complexion: 0.625 × 0.475 × 0.775 × 0.94 + 0.375 × 0.475 × 0.775 × 0.315 ≈ 0.260 = 26.0%;

Dinaric type – height over 170, cephalic index over 81, face index over 88, dark and mixed complexion: 0.625 × 0.525 × 0.775 × 0.94 ≈ 0.239 = 23.9%

Alpine type – height under 170, cephalic index over 81, face index under 88, dark and mixed complexion: 0.375 × 0.525 × 0.225 × 0.94 ≈ 0.942 = 4.2%

Atlanto-baltic (Nordic) type - height over 170, cephalic index under 81, face index over 88, light complexion: 0.625 × 0.475 × 0.775 × 0.06 ≈ 0.014 = 1.4%

Eastern Baltic (White see-Baltic) type: cephalic index over 81; face index under 88; light complexion: 0.525 × 0.225 × 0.06 ≈ 0.007 =0.7%

Last edited by Lucas; 10-10-2019 at 10:46 PM.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    me
    Country
    European Union
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    H3*
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by theuser View Post
    I have the book and the Blade doesn't. He got the data from my posts. What he cited on eye color from Popov's study is all correct. Yordanov found over 50% light eyes. Županić found that Bulgarians on 7-16 on Martin scale were 59%. Popov found them to be over 40%. ToeKneeHwin is neither anthropologist nor most of them. But even he found more so who found 25%?
    This is map based on Popov data from Schwidetzki I, Boev P. Rassengeschichte von Bulgarien in: Rassengeschichte der Menscheit, 1979.
    I think it is self-explaining Of course some rare people with dark eyes (1-6) and light hair (A-0) aren't included but it must be no more than 1 or 2 %?

What is not counted are mainly Turk and Pomaks regions I suppose.

Last Online
    03-02-2021 @ 10:24 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thracian/Scythian/Gothic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Dalofaelid with Corded Nordid influences
    Politics
    Fuck agendas
    Hero
    None.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,666
    Given: 13,081

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    Blade, I think you don't know this new work on Bulgarina racial types frequency.

Anthropological Types in Bulgarian Population around 1940 – Regional and Local Level, R. Stoev, 2016
    Institute of Experimental Morphology, Pathology and Anthropology with Museum, BAS, Sofia, Bulgaria

http://www.iempam.bas.bg/journals/ac...a23/93-101.pdf

Definition he used

Thanks for sharing! The Alpine type distribution is similar to what I have seen.
    However, how are Nordic and Atlanto-Baltic (first time I hear that term but I imagine something completely different from Nordic) the same thing?
    After not shaving for a while:

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thracian/Scythian/Gothic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Fuck agendas
    Hero
    None.
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by savvas View Post
    but it surely is better than the fucking models used by the The Blade.
    Looking forward to see your results according to your more appropriate scale.
    Less than 100 out of 1001 men I used are models. And you are wrong - they are darker-eyed and darker-haired than scientists, for instance.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thracian/Scythian/Gothic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Fuck agendas
    Hero
    None.
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Supercomputer View Post
    Children daker eyed than adults? What? You mean Sephardic Jews? How many Jews are there in Bulgaria?
    Children are indeed darker-eyed. My eyes got a lot greyer in my mid teens (they are grey/green - Nr. 6 on the Martin-Schultz scale).
    My hair, like that of many people who are born blond, got darker and is medium ash brown now.
    That's why adults are a better representation than kids.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thracian/Scythian/Gothic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Fuck agendas
    Hero
    None.
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by theuser View Post
    You are delusional about the study of Popov. Nowhere he says that rufiosity varies between 1 and 4% of the population. This is simply untrue
    He simply says it is 0.25% among men and 0.29% among women with a maximum of 0.6% regional variation. I have the book and I am gonna upload a shot of the page today. The 4% figure is of the Greece Pomaks according to Polianos. I just included it in the thread about Anthropology of the Bulgarian People(Popov was only one of the sources used in my thread) in the Bulgarian genealogy forum. Popov claims 0 redheads among Bulgaria Pomaks.

Thank you for sharing the pictures! Miroslav Kostadinov dies his hair and beard. Anyway reddish beards are more common than hair and should be separate category. Dimitar Karnev is a fashion model and biased the sample. How much of the redheads work this thing? Ilian Kiryakov and Marian Hristov seem reddish indeed. But I can't be sure only from their online photos. Online or not it is pointless to measure hair color shares without age factor. E.g. Popov found 16% blonde hair in conscripts but Yordanov found only 3% in 30-40 year old men. They both made their findings by the Fisher-Saller scale.

Wherever I was in Bulgaria I was the only reddish haired in groups of 100+ people. Some people told me I was the only redhead they've seen in their lifetime. I have three redhead Bulgarian friends and two red bearded that are not part of my family. I have seen only six more in Bulgaria. So about ten in a lifetime. I can't be sure about their origin but Bulgarian Jews had noticably more redheads than Bulgarians.
    The user, thanks for correcting me about rufosity!
    I do agree pure red hair is rare but rufous brown and blond isn't that rare.
    As for beard colours, I saw several men with purely brown hair and red beards but didn't include it in my survey, as hair colour is not reddish (just the beard) and not all men have beards. By the way, a friend of mine (currently 26 years old) had a red beard but recently it turned blond (his hair is medium brown).
    You are wrong about Dimitar Karnev - he isn't a model but a musician who plays in band D2 and he is naturally rufous (I have seen the guy in reality). Another person named Dimitar I posted a link of is a model, not Karnev.
    Out of 29 men a few only (3 if I remember correct) are models. Out of 72 women the models were about 10 (I'm using a different computer now, so I cannot see the exact data but it was around the numbers I stated).

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thracian/Scythian/Gothic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Fuck agendas
    Hero
    None.
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by savvas View Post
    I'm going to post the pics of the 218 non-foreigner Bulgarian parliamentarians analyzed by Ikiru then, so we can reach an agreement. According to my definition (light is when the blue/green/greenish outer part is bigger than the dark brown/brownish part around the pupil) the light eyes rate ranges from 21% to 27% (there are 14 unclear cases where the ratio seems to be equal). It's not a big sample, but it surely is better than the fucking models used by the The Blade.
    Looking forward to see your results according to your more appropriate scale.
    Yeah, a result based on 218 (mainly males) better than one based on 2002 people (1001 of each sex) and not only that but the author basically counts half of the states up to light blue eyes only (even if he says something different) and others up to Nr. 6 or Nr. 5 (not even near 7 for any country as he claims)... He even fucked up his state's results (lowering them) based on French statistics I have seen and what I counted among his compatriots whose light eyes percentage is in low 40s only at a 1-6 scale (not 1-7 as he says). With 7 and 8 added I got about 52% of light eyes for French men.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    me
    Country
    European Union
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    H3*
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Blade View Post
    Thanks for sharing! The Alpine type distribution is similar to what I have seen.
    However, how are Nordic and Atlanto-Baltic (first time I hear that term but I imagine something completely different from Nordic) the same thing?
    Atlanto-Baltic is the term taken form Russian / Soviet anthropology. It is basically spectrum of light pigmented meso/doli types form NW Europe so Nordics and some Nordic+CM mixes (like Tronder) living between Baltic and Atlantic.
    Look on the definition:
    height over 170, cephalic index under 81, face index over 88, light complexion

Banned
    Last Online
    10-14-2019 @ 08:15 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    achaean-scythian
    Country
    Romania
    Region
    New York City
    Y-DNA
    Mycenaean
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 31

0 Not allowed!

This must be a joke, bulgarian females are 22.28% blonde haired but just 12.59% light brown?Not just this, but its also the most common hair color?
    In every other balkan country blond people are a very small percentage and light brown hair is much more common than blonde except in Bulgaria, this unknown aryan land.
    I live in Romania and i can tell you that bulgarians are a little darker than us, but its noticeable, yet we don't even come close to this fake statistics, like 22% blonde hair, hair lighter than light brown is in the 3% range among romanians, 1 in 30-40, something around there.
    Ladies' results - again a sample of 1001 individuals:
    Hair colour distribution:
    Blonde – 223 (22,28%)
    Reddish blonde – 27 (2,7%)
    Red – 21 (2,1%)
    Reddish brown – 24 (2,4%)
    Light brown – 126 (12,59%)
    Medium brown – 197 (19,68%)
    Medium ash brown – 121 (12,09%)
    Dark brown – 155 (15,48%)
    Dark ash brown – 62 (6,19%)
    Black – 45 (4,49%)

Last Online
    02-18-2020 @ 05:46 PM
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

The user, thanks for correcting me about rufosity!
    I do agree pure red hair is rare but rufous brown and blond isn't that rare.
    As for beard colours, I saw several men with purely brown hair and red beards but didn't include it in my survey, as hair colour is not reddish (just the beard) and not all men have beards. By the way, a friend of mine (currently 26 years old) had a red beard but recently it turned blond (his hair is medium brown).
    You are wrong about Dimitar Karnev - he isn't a model but a musician who plays in band D2 and he is naturally rufous (I have seen the guy in reality). Another person named Dimitar I posted a link of is a model, not Karnev.
    Out of 29 men a few only (3 if I remember correct) are models. Out of 72 women the models were about 10 (I'm using a different computer now, so I cannot see the exact data but it was around the numbers I stated).
    Thanks for correcting me too! The figures of Popov and Yordanov between 0.1%-0.3% included the reddish brown and reddish blonde spectrum. When you have time can you please send me something about the ~30 reddish men of your research? Their names or distinguishing details if needed. Even if you got something not very accurate it will remain only within our conversation. I am just curious and suprised how the gap between the researches happened. I try to reply to your visitor message but I can't. I can't send you a visitor message but I can read yours. So send me your email or something through a visitor message.

Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information