joe blowe

want my life back

Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
I am an entrepreneur, business type.
The world of business is always full of uncertainties, one never, never has the full picture from the crystal ball, but fragmented and fuzzy images that need to be pieced together to form some sensible idea. Decisions are made based on those ideas - my money is always at risk on these decisions.
One of my boys says - we're always 3 bad decisions away from bankruptcy! He is right.
We are a group of 18 engineers that do design work, geeky stuff, modeling and simulation of real world things like beams and machines.
The world out there has never been so uncertain, as I see it from where I am standing now. The amount of money floating around, fiat money, or printed money out of nowhere, in astounding quantities, lead not only to inflation, but also to erratic and uncertain investment. This uncertain investment in the part of the big players whom I cater to with my work, make my decisions so much harder to pick.
Under 'normal' conditions, when money has a price that is not close to zero, decisions by the big players are generally sensible and will have staying power - no one will shift gears in mid flight just because. This is happening now because these big players are also so uncertain about the moves by the governments of the world - whom they are going to favor with their cash grants or incentives or bailouts of funny money.
Funny money yet to be proven in its hillarity, until then, it is still money that will have the power to make incredible shifts in the marketplace - tsunami like shifts. GM bailout anyone ?
Just venting on a saturday afternoon.
Anybody out there ?

Submit "want my life back" to Digg Submit "want my life back" to del.icio.us Submit "want my life back" to StumbleUpon Submit "want my life back" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

yep...out here reading what a real person has to say, a fellow Canadian...and empathising :)

Hang in there! :)