joe blowe

how to 'go viral' ??

Rate this Entry
I am always so amazed at how we human beings or at least some significant number of us, process information received.
Some seemingly innocuous gossip takes a life of its on, going 'viral', being viewed by 2 million people, even when highly questionable in its provenance.
Whe have however, pressing issues, of utter consequence to everyone and that information yet goes hardly noticed.
What is left in the 'public mind' is a mishmash of unconcatenated information virtually useless for the purposes of making 'informed' decisions in life. This is reflected in the outcomes of civic elections when voters are completely and irreversibly clueless - actually worse than clueless, wrongly clued.
We are (paraphrasing the current verbiage) at great risk of losing our hard earned civilized status. 'Change' is a very dangerous thing and should be looked upon with great suspition if we recognize how good our current condition is and how much better it is when compared to any other time in human history.
We could lose this extraordinary bounty of wealth we have accumulated. Not so much in tangible 'things', but in methods, technology and most of all our command of logistics. For most people cannot reconize the interconnectedness of our worldy possessions, how intricate the manufacture of any product is now, with constituent parts coming from all over the world. (note: I was afraid my new Ipad was not going to arrive because of the crisis in Japan...)
If we, through our actions (mostly government blunders) upset this applecart, we may find ourselves scrambling to support even a simple lifestyle and running short of food. The poorer amongst us will suffer sooner and suffer the most - I see contries in the middle east that cannot support the current population levels, having to import most of their food which is produced in quantity thanks to high technology.
We may find ourselves in a real pickle sometime very soon.

Submit "how to 'go viral' ??" to Digg Submit "how to 'go viral' ??" to del.icio.us Submit "how to 'go viral' ??" to StumbleUpon Submit "how to 'go viral' ??" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments